Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2018 7:52 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Rhode Island Rams

Was out with the wife and stopped in Nik's Wunderbar for some beer an brats. On the big screen was DU-URI. Hell of an effort for an undersized, undermanned, over-achieving team against #24 in the country on their court in front of a packed house. 

​I guess the only regret of the day, and it belongs to Nitpicker's Dinner, is that the Dukes didn't get blown out. Sorry they ruined your day.

​I don't rejoice in losing, and I'm not a believer in moral victories. This was another step in the process for a team that continues to exceed expectations. I expect the Dukes to be able to compete with anyone, anywhere, the rest of the season, and to be a factor in the tournament.

1/27/2018 8:00 pm  #52

Very good synopsis Phil, makes a lot of sense!

1/27/2018 10:28 pm  #53

Rit, not sure what you expected this year. Wins and losses? Well you have 14 wins. Go back to Tejas’ original survey and see how many of us picked 14 at year end. Probably very few if my memory serves me correctly. And, as I recall, the A-10 coaches picked us to finish last. If you can’t see improved play from this years team over last years, then you don’t know basketball. Don’t know your age but if you are under 60, you have suffered far less than some of us from the Manning era. My two cents.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/27/2018 11:00 pm  #54

This is why I love this guy - He doesn't believe in moral victories, he doesn't blame players in the papers, he says it like it is.  This is from an article on the GAME:

Duquesne coach Keith Dambrot pointed to his team's inability to handle the ball. The Rams, who played man-to-man all game, scored 15 points off 19 Duquesne turnovers. “You can't make 19 turnovers,” Dambrot said. “If we make 10, we win.”

1/28/2018 7:17 am  #55

KenOTR73 wrote:

Rit, not sure what you expected this year. Wins and losses? Well you have 14 wins. Go back to Tejas’ original survey and see how many of us picked 14 at year end. Probably very few if my memory serves me correctly. And, as I recall, the A-10 coaches picked us to finish last. If you can’t see improved play from this years team over last years, then you don’t know basketball. Don’t know your age but if you are under 60, you have suffered far less than some of us from the Manning era. My two cents.

I expected between 7-10 wins before I saw the non conference schedule. I wanted to see them improve. They have. They don't have enough talent yet but headed in right direction.

1/28/2018 7:42 am  #56

God bless you; finally, a reasonable post.

1/28/2018 8:16 am  #57

Somerset24 wrote:

Very proud of the team and coaching staff.   Anyone notice, once again,Ray Goss had to use a telephone receiver to announce the game ?  Would someone in the communication department at DU please up grade our equipment ? How embarrassing.

CLK wrote:

No coaches interview as Ray Goss had to use a phone to broadcast.  Said it was an equipment issue.  Got to wonder as this is like the third time they had to do that this year.  If it were me I would take a hard look at Learfield Sport's contract.

When it comes to audio/video, Duquesne is a third world university. It was funny seeing Ray on the TV shots talking into a 1960’s phone handset while Jarrett was twiddling his thumbs. Next game he will be talking into a can with a string attached.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think they send a producer/engineer with Ray/Jarrett on the road trips. So Ray is probably responsible for the set up of the broadcast technology; he may need some help.

1/28/2018 10:00 am  #58

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Somerset24 wrote:

Very proud of the team and coaching staff. Anyone notice, once again,Ray Goss had to use a telephone receiver to announce the game ? Would someone in the communication department at DU please up grade our equipment ? How embarrassing.

CLK wrote:

No coaches interview as Ray Goss had to use a phone to broadcast.  Said it was an equipment issue.  Got to wonder as this is like the third time they had to do that this year.  If it were me I would take a hard look at Learfield Sport's contract.

When it comes to audio/video, Duquesne is a third world university. It was funny seeing Ray on the TV shots talking into a 1960’s phone handset while Jarrett was twiddling his thumbs. Next game he will be talking into a can with a string attached.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think they send a producer/engineer with Ray/Jarrett on the road trips. So Ray is probably responsible for the set up of the broadcast technology; he may need some help.

Phoenix, really got to wonder what Learfield is getting paid for.  I listen over IHeart Radio and sooooo many times you lose the game or post game as it switches to other programming. 

1/28/2018 10:19 am  #59

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Somerset24 wrote:

Very proud of the team and coaching staff. Anyone notice, once again,Ray Goss had to use a telephone receiver to announce the game ? Would someone in the communication department at DU please up grade our equipment ? How embarrassing.

CLK wrote:

Phoenix, really got to wonder what Learfield is getting paid for.  I listen over IHeart Radio and sooooo many times you lose the game or post game as it switches to other programming. 

CLK, I’m not sure on this, but I believe that Learfield is only involved with sponsorship and selling the Dukes brand. They facilitate corporate sponsorships and advertising. Not sure if they are at all involved with production of the content.
https://www.learfield.com/partner/duquesne-dukes/

1/28/2018 10:29 am  #60

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Somerset24 wrote:

CLK, I’m not sure on this, but I believe that Learfield is only involved with sponsorship and selling the Dukes brand. They facilitate corporate sponsorships and advertising. Not sure if they are at all involved with production of the content.
https://www.learfield.com/partner/duquesne-dukes/

Thanks for the link Phoenix.  Not sure either, but on their website it says they are responsible for radio broadcasts, and after every game at the very end Ray says "this has been a Learfield Sports production".   

1/28/2018 11:29 am  #61

Posted by BLISS on the A-10 board under the Rhode Island stream:

"It was an exciting buzzer beater win for the URI Rams taking their A-10 record to 9-0, but you cannot talk about this game without giving immense credit to Keith Dambrot and his Duquesne team for making such great effort in a hostile environment. Dambrot's game plan worked to perfection and well beyond expectations given the Dukes had a 15 point lead with 16 minutes left in game. He slowed the game down and befuddled the Rams using the Dukes size to advantage. In the end it was the experience of the senior laden Rams that made the difference. But Dambrot and Duquesne are one of the critical pieces in the future in the A-10. It will be exciting to see how the rest of the season plays out for the Dukes, but no matter what this Duquesne team needs to take a well deserved bow."

1/28/2018 12:28 pm  #62

grammudder wrote:

Posted by BLISS on the A-10 board under the Rhode Island stream:

"It was an exciting buzzer beater win for the URI Rams taking their A-10 record to 9-0, but you cannot talk about this game without giving immense credit to Keith Dambrot and his Duquesne team for making such great effort in a hostile environment. Dambrot's game plan worked to perfection and well beyond expectations given the Dukes had a 15 point lead with 16 minutes left in game. He slowed the game down and befuddled the Rams using the Dukes size to advantage. In the end it was the experience of the senior laden Rams that made the difference. But Dambrot and Duquesne are one of the critical pieces in the future in the A-10. It will be exciting to see how the rest of the season plays out for the Dukes, but no matter what this Duquesne team needs to take a well deserved bow."

Got to love it!

Board footera