Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2018 9:24 pm  #1

No CBI or CIT per Dave Saba

3/08/2018 9:29 pm  #2

Re: No CBI or CIT per Dave Saba

Typical dumbass Zeise comment.

3/08/2018 9:30 pm  #3

Probably smart. The CBI is a waste of money. If the team had played well the last month or so, then it might have been worth it.

3/08/2018 10:08 pm  #4

Agreed 2012, in fact I'm not sure I could take another performance like most of the ones we've seen the last couple of weeks.

3/09/2018 7:18 am  #5

Absolutely the right call.

The team gave it their all for the vast majority of the season and appeared to be running on fumes the last 3 weeks.

Let's hope for a quiet, turmoil free off season and come back and get 'em in the fall.

3/09/2018 7:59 am  #6

I agree with this as well.

3/09/2018 4:20 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

Typical dumbass Zeise comment.

I looked up "a**hole" in the dictionary and there's a picture of Paul Zeise next to the definition.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/09/2018 6:18 pm  #8

No, Zeise is a gum flapper.
He is a sports entertainer who needs good ratings
to keep his job.
See Cook for a better example.

3/09/2018 7:17 pm  #9

I agree with Tejas.  Zeise and a**hole are synonymous.

3/09/2018 7:49 pm  #10

Somerset24 wrote:

I agree with Tejas. Zeise and a**hole are synonymous.

I'd rather he be anonymous.

3/12/2018 4:45 pm  #11

No A10 teams in either of the minor tournaments. Wonder if that was a league-wide mandate. CBI not left with much to pick from. Four of the 16 teams with losing records, three of them not hosting first round games. 

3/12/2018 6:57 pm  #12

Econ69 wrote:

No, Zeise is a gum flapper.
He is a sports entertainer who needs good ratings
to keep his job.
See Cook for a better example.

Cook is horrible, so is Filiponi, and of course you know how we feel about Dunlap.

3/12/2018 10:15 pm  #13

DennisC91 wrote:

No A10 teams in either of the minor tournaments. Wonder if that was a league-wide mandate. CBI not left with much to pick from. Four of the 16 teams with losing records, three of them not hosting first round games. 

I think most would agree: There shouldn't be post-season play for mediocre teams. OK, participating would be nice for the athletes involved, one would guess.  But 100 teams get into the NCAA and NIT. That's enough, isn't it?

3/13/2018 10:31 am  #14

If playing in a CBI this year has any carry over to a possible NIT next year and how ML and EW, TS, TV would feel playing in postseason, expose them to tourney life, even tho meaningless, would be the only nice part.

Zeise is a pitt doucher.

3/13/2018 12:32 pm  #15

townsonkid wrote:

If playing in a CBI this year has any carry over to a possible NIT next year and how ML and EW, TS, TV would feel playing in postseason, expose them to tourney life, even tho meaningless, would be the only nice part.

Zeise is a pitt doucher.

You didn't need the  reference for Zeise, and you didn't need the "r" at the end of that word.

3/14/2018 10:02 am  #16

applecorps wrote:

DennisC91 wrote:

I think most would agree: There shouldn't be post-season play for mediocre teams. OK, participating would be nice for the athletes involved, one would guess.  But 100 teams get into the NCAA and NIT. That's enough, isn't it?

Actually believe it or not I like the idea behind the CIT, a place for decent programs in the smaller one-bid conferences to get to play some more against like competition.  Some of these are older schools with some great tradition and fan support.  So a team that was pretty good at their level and won 25 or so games but lost their conference tourney for the right to get served up to Duke or Kentucky, can play some more

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera