Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2018 11:37 pm  #26

Re: NCAA Tourney

Tejas_Duke wrote:

And Arizona and Sean Miller gets utterly sodomized by Buffalo!  I could not be happier!  You would be hard-pressed to find a college hoops program I despise more than Arizona, so this feels extra sweet!

​Can't wait to see Sean Miller back in uniform!  Federal pin stripes will look good on him!

I enjoyed that game immensely. Enjoyed Loyola beating Miami as well. Pac 12 eliminated already. Bona looked awful, but Davidson gave UK all they could handle. Hope URI has another win in em.

3/16/2018 9:35 am  #27

duq81 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

And Arizona and Sean Miller gets utterly sodomized by Buffalo!  I could not be happier!  You would be hard-pressed to find a college hoops program I despise more than Arizona, so this feels extra sweet!

​Can't wait to see Sean Miller back in uniform!  Federal pin stripes will look good on him!

I enjoyed that game immensely. Enjoyed Loyola beating Miami as well. Pac 12 eliminated already. Bona looked awful, but Davidson gave UK all they could handle. Hope URI has another win in em.

​Kentucky better bring their A Game tomorrow. At times their defense looked sloppy and not in sync.   If Buffalo plays like they did against Arizona, Cinderella could be dancing in the Sweet Sixteen.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/17/2018 9:36 am  #28

With UMBC's blow out of formerly #1 UVA the myth of P5 conference teams above the rest of the pack continues. Young and older coaches of well coached mid and lower major conference teams with several outstanding players are beating the possibly inflated seeded teams so far in this tourney.

And the fans of basketball love it.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/17/2018 9:56 am  #29

Pitt fans chortling over Dixon losing.

Bunch of maroons.

3/17/2018 10:40 am  #30

Phildog wrote:

With UMBC's blow out of formerly #1 UVA the myth of P5 conference teams above the rest of the pack continues. Young and older coaches of well coached mid and lower major conference teams with several outstanding players are beating the possibly inflated seeded teams so far in this tourney.

And the fans of basketball love it.

​Watching Nevada take down Texas yesterday, I wished that we had had the chance to play them in that little Vegas tourney last fall.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/17/2018 11:31 am  #31

I watched games yesterday with pitt alumni and fans, they dont know who they want.   Seem to think Thad will be the pick, safest.   But they only know 3 names.   😃

3/17/2018 12:53 pm  #32

townsonkid wrote:

I watched games yesterday with pitt alumni and fans, they dont know who they want. Seem to think Thad will be the pick, safest. But they only know 3 names. 😃

Coaching changes are nearly always a crapshoot. We'll know in the next two years how well ours worked out.

3/19/2018 7:41 am  #33

Maybe its just me, but with the exception of 1-2 teams, size seems to have a big advantage this year.  

So I like our chances for some Sweet 16s in the near future!!!  

3/19/2018 8:45 am  #34

I enjoyed watching Xavier go down. Their fans never get tired of saying how glad they are not to have to play garbage like Duquesne anymore.

3/19/2018 9:28 am  #35

duq81 wrote:

I enjoyed watching Xavier go down. Their fans never get tired of saying how glad they are not to have to play garbage like Duquesne anymore.

Maybe that’s because we had our share of upsets as X gained in stature. I recall once in the JC years X was coached by Pete Gillian and was 25 th ranked. I was speaking to his top assistant Skip Prosser , who was a classmate of mine at Carnegie High  School before the game.

I said “ Hey Skip don’t pile it on us tonite” he said, “we are worried about this game up here.”

We beat them with the upset , one of a few we put on the former patsy team we played in the good years of the past.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/19/2018 10:21 am  #36

I seem to recall an RE team beating Xavier also. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3/19/2018 12:02 pm  #37

president wrote:

I seem to recall an RE team beating Xavier also. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Twice.

3/19/2018 12:24 pm  #38

I want to see us do well enough next season that our first round venue will be Nationwide Arena in Columbus on March 22.  Perhaps we'll get to knock the X men out of the tournament. 

3/19/2018 12:25 pm  #39

rosceaux wrote:

president wrote:

Twice.

Thanks. Really bad at remembering when things actually happened. Especially anything my wife asked about!

3/19/2018 2:41 pm  #40

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Maybe that’s because we had our share of upsets as X gained in stature. I recall once in the JC years X was coached by Pete Gillian and was 25 th ranked. I was speaking to his top assistant Skip Prosser , who was a classmate of mine at Carnegie High School before the game.

They were actually ranked 18th during that 1993 win that closed our our one (thank God) MCC season.  The place was rocking. John Carroll's greatest moment as a head coach.  I remember a packed Palumbo chasing X off the floor chanting  'OVER................RATED........OVER........ RATED........."

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/19/2018 2:41 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/19/2018 2:44 pm  #41

rosceaux wrote:

president wrote:

Twice.

There was one of those victories where we had a "red out" and everyone rushed the floor (I want to say it was 09, because I am certain it was before I got married which happened in December of that year) The image of the crowd at center court was the image at the top of the old VOY board for a long time

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/19/2018 2:45 pm  #42

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Maybe that’s because we had our share of upsets as X gained in stature. I recall once in the JC years X was coached by Pete Gillian and was 25 th ranked. I was speaking to his top assistant Skip Prosser , who was a classmate of mine at Carnegie High School before the game.

I said “ Hey Skip don’t pile it on us tonite” he said, “we are worried about this game up here.”

We beat them with the upset , one of a few we put on the former patsy team we played in the good years of the past.

Even Danny Nee beat them at least once

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/19/2018 3:28 pm  #43

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Phildog wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Even Danny Nee beat them at least once

Twice*!
X went to the Elite 8 in 2004 despite being swept in-season by Duquesne. I recall in the Elite 8 vs Duke hearing Verne Lundquist referring to the amount of games they had won in a row and saying their last loss was at home to "Duquesne."

I enjoyed seeing X go out in the round of 32 for the second time in three years despite a prime seed to make a run. Mack and his players conduct on the court just flat out stinks.

*Nee's '03 team could've and should've beaten the top 10 ranked, David West led team at AJP if not for an ill timed and soft foul of West under the basket, up three with under 10 seconds to go to allow them to tie the game with a three point play and win in OT.

Board footera