Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2018 10:07 am  #1

Verhoeven

Did he sign with another team yet?

A diehard fan since 1961

5/06/2018 10:50 am  #2

Re: Verhoeven

It appears no from sites I have seen

5/06/2018 10:58 am  #3

Nope. I think he was angling for Nevada, but they picked up a grad transfer big man from Old Dominion. I have a feeling that he may be playing a year of Junior College ball and try to parlay that into 2 final years at D-1.

Compared to a true freshman recruit, it is hard to find a D-1 school willing to commit to a possible 4 year scholarship with only 3 playing years, plus possibility of transferring again as a grad transfer. And when you have a full season of video on that player...

5/06/2018 11:58 am  #4

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Nope. I think he was angling for Nevada, but they picked up a grad transfer big man from Old Dominion. I have a feeling that he may be playing a year of Junior College ball and try to parlay that into 2 final years at D-1.

Compared to a true freshman recruit, it is hard to find a D-1 school willing to commit to a possible 4 year scholarship with only 3 playing years, plus possibility of transferring again as a grad transfer. And when you have a full season of video on that player...

Schools will always gamble on a guy his size though. It may just be that he wants to play at a higher level than the schools that showed interest. If that's the case, JC is his best bet.

5/06/2018 2:51 pm  #5

No way he’s going JUCO. Would’ve stayed at Duquesne if he felt that was his option. It’s 2018 people. He will land somewhere that is mid-major/high major

5/06/2018 7:21 pm  #6

duq81 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Schools will always gamble on a guy his size though. It may just be that he wants to play at a higher level than the schools that showed interest. If that's the case, JC is his best bet.

Duq81, you might be right due to size.

But Tydus’ situation reminds me a bit of Quevyn Winters situation, where he said that he wanted to get back home to Wisconsin. After averaging approx. 10 points and 4 rebounds as a Dukes freshman, Quevyn was trying to parlay those results into transferring to Marquette or Green Bay as a fallback. He got neither offer, ended up at a JC in Iowa. Then got an offer to the University of Washington. He pretty much washed out after one season with the Huskies. It only cost them one season’s scholarship.

5/06/2018 9:00 pm  #7

I think Tydus has more upside that QW had. I believe Tydus left because he could see (and was told) that his minutes would drop with the influx of talent in the coming season. Tydus needs to bulk up, work on the offensive footwork and on mid-range shooting. A year on the waiting list of a D-1 school should provide that opportunity. His shot-blocking skills are exceptional. Hope he finds a good place to grow in.

Board footera