Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2013 7:09 pm  #1

Orlando Antigua

He's still on Kentucky's staff, right?  Has his boat sailed?  He was pushed for the Duquesne job then Calipari told him to hang on as better schools would be calling.  I hope he's not waiting for the phone to ring.

4/05/2013 7:57 pm  #2

Re: Orlando Antigua

Jeralta wrote:

He's still on Kentucky's staff, right?  Has his boat sailed?  He was pushed for the Duquesne job then Calipari told him to hang on as better schools would be calling.  I hope he's not waiting for the phone to ring.

UK had a poor season by their standards. Out of sight, out of mind. As soon as Uk is back in the Final Four, he'll be a hot assistant again.

4/06/2013 6:13 am  #3

duq81 wrote:

Jeralta wrote:

UK had a poor season by their standards. Out of sight, out of mind. As soon as Uk is back in the Final Four, he'll be a hot assistant again.

And Kentucky reportedly has 6 OF THE TOP 20 HIGH SCHOOLERS and is in the running for a 7th.

4/06/2013 6:27 am  #4

I get it. But if you are good, you're good. What better time for an A D to pick him up a little cheaper now?  His name wasn't even uttered this year.  Maybe the smaller schools were put off by the never-was-a-coach-before-but-something-better-than-Duquesne-will-come-along attitude.  Will he come up through the Sun Belt or Horizon or does he expect to drop into the SEC?

4/06/2013 6:30 am  #5

As of 7 hours ago, antigua story links him to FIU search. Let's see how he plays this. It'll pay less than Duq in a lesser conf with a lesser fan base.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/06/3326363/kentucky-assistant-orlando-antigua.html

Last edited by Jeralta (4/06/2013 6:31 am)

4/06/2013 9:40 am  #6

In spite of the Calipari hype machine, Antigua was never a candidate for the Duquesne position as far as I know.

4/06/2013 10:55 am  #7

Steve, he was never interviewed, or he never made it to a subsequent round?

4/06/2013 11:06 am  #8

ElDuque wrote:

Steve, he was never interviewed, or he never made it to a subsequent round?

I'm not positive on this, but I don't believe he was even contacted by us. He didn't interview to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by steve19981 (4/06/2013 11:08 am)

4/06/2013 4:00 pm  #9

It was the Pitt hype machine -- fans, boosters and Pittsburgh Sports Writers.

4/06/2013 5:00 pm  #10

apluski wrote:

It was the Pitt hype machine -- fans, boosters and Pittsburgh Sports Writers.

Let's not act like this guy is a bum now. He's unproven, as all assistant coaches are before they get a head coaching job. He may turn out to be a great coach, and maybe not. Let's be honest, if a former Duke were in line to get a good head coaching gig, we'd be boosting the hell out of him.

4/06/2013 8:30 pm  #11

So who else did Amodio interview?

Board footera