Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2013 5:14 pm  #1

Winters Transferring...

FiveStarRecruits ‏ #Duquesne freshman Forward Quevyn Winters (@BosBoiQ) is transferring.Retweeted by Quevyn Winters

4/15/2013 5:51 pm  #2

Re: Winters Transferring...

Sigh

4/15/2013 6:35 pm  #3

He was a bright spot!  What is going on with him?  Surely Ferry didn't run him off?????????????

4/15/2013 6:56 pm  #4

Are there going to be enough scholarship players to have 5 on 5 practice games? We had lots of turnover under Everhart. Looks like Ferry is going to pursue a similar course of action. Either that, or the kids opting out can't stand playing for him. One way or another, it still doesn't look good.

4/15/2013 7:27 pm  #5

Things are getting worse and worse.

4/15/2013 7:35 pm  #6

Looks like he is pals with binney and martins.  Might had to do with his decision.  Ferry better start producing.

4/15/2013 7:37 pm  #7

Duquesne needs to drop their ticket price next year and bring back the frisbee dogs.

4/15/2013 7:46 pm  #8

Chris Harlan‏@CHarlan_Trib27m#Duquesne freshman Quevyn Winters says he will transfer closer to home; wants to be near his family in Milwaukee

You never know if this is true or just a courtesy response.  Winters had a lot of potential but was somewhat limited in his ball handling and passing.  Still I would rather have him than not. 

We now have three scholarships left to give.  I would like to see us get Gabe Levin the kid who decommitted from Hofstra.  He is bigger than Winters and from what I can see a more complete player.  It will be an interesting next couple of weeks.

4/15/2013 7:49 pm  #9

Always a good day when we can steal from Hofstra

4/15/2013 7:55 pm  #10

Jeralta wrote:

Jeralta, please stop with this type of comment.  Unless you have something specific to add about this player best not to comment.

4/15/2013 7:57 pm  #11

CLK wrote:

Chris Harlan‏@CHarlan_Trib27m#Duquesne freshman Quevyn Winters says he will transfer closer to home; wants to be near his family in Milwaukee

You never know if this is true or just a courtesy response.  Winters had a lot of potential but was somewhat limited in his ball handling and passing.  Still I would rather have him than not. 

This is the risk sometimes when you get players from outsidr your region. Milwaukee is not really close, plus the A10 doesn't have any teams near there, so his family can't see him play without making a long trip. I thought he had decent potential, but losing him is not a killer.

4/15/2013 7:58 pm  #12

Just a painfully obvious comment.  I will dig and find more about Gabe.

4/15/2013 7:59 pm  #13

Thank you CLK

4/15/2013 8:02 pm  #14

And thank you Jeralta for investigating Gabe, would like more detail on the kid.  I saw from ESPN recruiting site that he was also offered by GW.

4/15/2013 8:02 pm  #15

Jeralta wrote:

Just a painfully obvious comment. I will dig and find more about Gabe.

Nothing painful about it.  He is a 6'7" 220lb SF/PF from St. Thomas Moore and was a teammate of duane Notice.  I put a video of him in the recruiting thread.

4/15/2013 8:09 pm  #16

A quote from an article has him reporting that he wants to play right away and seems to like urban settings. Good reasons to come to duquesne

4/15/2013 8:12 pm  #17

4/15/2013 8:15 pm  #18

Thanks for the video.  I think he is the kind of tough nuts kid this program needs.

4/15/2013 8:15 pm  #19

If duane notice had a pleasant recruiting experience with duq, this will be good for us. They were teammates

4/15/2013 8:17 pm  #20

4/15/2013 8:30 pm  #21

CLK wrote:

Jeralta wrote:

Jeralta, please stop with this type of comment.  Unless you have something specific to add about this player best not to comment.

He turned the ball over with poor passing skills, he was over recruited with the bigger forwards who had more size than His 6-4 to 6-5 height

A diehard fan since 1961

4/15/2013 9:29 pm  #22

If you want to avoid the three-guard lineup, you need a small forward that can handle the ball, help break presses, and penetrate and pass in addition to shooting.

Q didn't show those skills. He certainly can play, but perhaps doesn't have what Ferry thinks/knows is necessary for success at whatever the hell level this team is heading towards.

4/15/2013 9:35 pm  #23

Winters was the best player Ferry recruited last year. Period. Had the potential to become a big-time scorer, without needing to take 20 shots a game. Of course, with Colter running the point, no one but Colter is ever going to take 20 shots a game.

Didn't see anything last year to tell me Ferry could coach this team on the court. With wholesale change about to come on an annual basis, I have some serious questions about recruiting and stability.

4/15/2013 9:52 pm  #24

ElDuque wrote:

Winters was the best player Ferry recruited last year. Period. Had the potential to become a big-time scorer, without needing to take 20 shots a game. Of course, with Colter running the point, no one but Colter is ever going to take 20 shots a game.

Didn't see anything last year to tell me Ferry could coach this team on the court. With wholesale change about to come on an annual basis, I have some serious questions about recruiting and stability.

when you are 8-22 you have players who are not good enough to win, Winters might have been homesick or realized he would be a 20 min a game player...

A diehard fan since 1961

4/15/2013 10:39 pm  #25

Phildog wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

when you are 8-22 you have players who are not good enough to win, Winters might have been homesick or realized he would be a 20 min a game player...

While I would have preferred that Q stayed, the rest of the guys who left simply cannot play at this level, and needed to be eased out of here to make room for guys who can play.

Board footera