Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2013 2:08 pm  #101

Re: Winters Transferring...

Westy I agree with some of what you say.  Clearly the jury is out on Ferry and any fair comparision of him to Ron, Nee, Edgar or any other Coach can't be made for another 2 years, as you indicated.  That being said, I really don't remember anyone stating that JF was the second coming of JWooden or even close to that.  Be that as it may, I truly don't feel too bad for any of these Div I coaches who get canned - be it Ron, Ferry or anyone else.  They all make arguably more than most of us, get walk-a-way $$$ and land on their feet relatively quickly.  What do you think RE is making as an assistant at WVU?  I truly feel bad for other people I know, especially in this area, who had good jobs or were in upper management, get laid off and despite trying all means to get a decent paying job can't find one and they have famiies to support.  I am sure most of you know people in this position.  I won't rehash the RE dismissal, it has been beaten "like a rented mule" (as Mike Lange would say), but I do not feel offended as others do as to how it all played out for reasons I've already stated.  Hell, I would venture to say that most people would give a rats ass if Ferry was a miserable SOB as long as he got us to the promised land - March Madness!

4/18/2013 2:09 pm  #102

You guys wouldn't be taking shots at me with the Mr. BS references...........nah, I don't believe so.

4/18/2013 2:33 pm  #103

No shot at you Mr. BS - just short hand. The John Wooten reference is just hyperbole to characterize the predictions of greatness by GA/Ferry supporters/RE critics before there is any hard evidence whatsoever that Ferry can be successful at Duquesne. RE @ WVU - probably ~ $ 200 k a year from a fairly decent source.

4/18/2013 3:22 pm  #104

MrBrightside wrote:

You guys wouldn't be taking shots at me with the Mr. BS references...........nah, I don't believe so.

In the interest of full disclosure: Only in some instances. But not when referring to you as a person. 

Board footera