Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2012 9:28 am  #1

Hoyas Hold Off Dukes, 61-55, in Progressive Legends Classic

Hoyas Hold Off Dukes, 61-55, in Progressive Legends Classic

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111112aab.html

11/12/2012 9:39 am  #2

Re: Hoyas Hold Off Dukes, 61-55, in Progressive Legends Classic

This was a good result against an ACC team. I remember being smacked by Duke 95-72 in 2008. That wasn't pretty. Then of course the 3OT loss to Virginia Tech later that year in the NIT tournament. Those were the last 2 games the Dukes played against an ACC team.

Lots of areas where the team can improve though.

11/12/2012 9:43 am  #3

Dan, I honestly thought were were going to lose by 30 with the height differential.  The most impressive thing to me about last night was the Dukes were able to hang with the Hoyas on the boards.  Great team effort on the boards.  The Dukes shot really poorly or they might have won.

Box Score:

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/duq-gt.html

Last edited by CLK (11/12/2012 9:45 am)

11/12/2012 9:45 am  #4

The three home games will tell us a lot about this team. Road games are tough for a young team. I'd like to see us be a tough out at home.

11/12/2012 9:53 am  #5

I agree about the rebounding. Ferry has been talking up the importance of rebounding and there were some Dukes out there putting on a clinic in boxing out. I remember Abele boxing out so well he actually was able to let the ball hit the floor and pick it up off the bounce. A lot of the smaller guys are getting a lot of rebounds too. Lots of boards crashing. We are seeing a difference in philosophy.

Board footera