Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2018 7:07 pm  #1

Game Thread - UMass Lowell River Hawks

1:00pm EST tip on Sunday 11/25/2018 at the A.J. Palumbo Center.
Per KenPom:
Dukes #151 (3-1) vs UMass Lowell River Hawks #292 (4-3, including one win vs. non D-1 opponent) - Am erica East Conference
Game prediction: Dukes win by 12, 81-69 - Dukes with 85% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 12½ point favorites; Over/Under 154½
Duquesne 2-2 Against the Spread: UMass Lowell 4-1-1 ATS

UMass Lowell Best Win(s): Wagner (264)
UMass Lowell Worst Loss(es): Central Connecticut St. (245)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate
Top 100 ranking overall or top 3 in conference noted as a strength; Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 3 in conference as a weakness.

Here's a look at UMass Lowell for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Effective FG % (45)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Effective FG % (285)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (41)
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (250)
Defensive Strength:  Turnover % (81)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (301)

11/25/2018 12:14 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - UMass Lowell River Hawks

I think Umass Lowell will keep it fairly close and lose by 10 or so. I imagine a high scoring game too. Should be a fun one.

11/25/2018 12:33 pm  #3

this is a 300-level team. so, uhh, just win. and win by a lot

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/25/2018 1:33 pm  #4

Dylllannnn Swingggleee

11/25/2018 1:57 pm  #5

Team looks good today. Still giving up WAYYYY to many offensive rebounds though.

11/25/2018 2:13 pm  #6

DuqLaw wrote:

Team looks good today. Still giving up WAYYYY to many offensive rebounds though.

This is my biggest fear as it relates to a weakness against better competition.

It is crazy to watch but Mike Lewis II has essentially become a role player with the big increase in overall talent on this team. If he isn’t making shots he doesn’t offer much offensively and is an average defender at best. Consequences of getting better I guess.

11/25/2018 2:23 pm  #7

Lewis may transfer for sure.

11/25/2018 2:25 pm  #8

Very nice to see Rotroff and Bizeau on the court at the same time. Is this the first time this season thats happened?

11/25/2018 2:33 pm  #9

This is actually ugly in this second half.

11/25/2018 2:41 pm  #10

applecorps wrote:

In large part due to the refs.

11/25/2018 2:42 pm  #11

Dukes2012 wrote:

applecorps wrote:

In large part due to the refs.

Agreed. The call on WIlliams being a case in point.

11/25/2018 2:50 pm  #12

This is the most frustrating second half I've seen Duquesne play since the Notre Dame game

Last edited by DuqLaw (11/25/2018 2:56 pm)

11/25/2018 2:55 pm  #13

DukesDan wrote:

I think Umass Lowell will keep it fairly close and lose by 10 or so. I imagine a high scoring game too. Should be a fun one.

Good call.  Duquesne just couldn't pull away.  It wasn't pretty but a win is win.

11/25/2018 3:04 pm  #14

duquesnegraddad wrote:

DukesDan wrote:

Good call.  Duquesne just couldn't pull away.  It wasn't pretty but a win is win.

It's nice to be right every once in a while. I had Umass-Lowell +12.5 in the Lock of the day competition over on the A10 board so today worked out very well for me.

11/25/2018 3:04 pm  #15

Thought sincere played a better game today, minus a few sloppy moments. The refs were horrendous in the second half. The game had no flow due to the constant whistles. They kept Lowell in the game.

11/25/2018 3:05 pm  #16

It's a good non-conf. game from the point of that Coach is getting a lot of players in and a lot of combination of players. Coach has time to  gets down to his starting five and top two or three off the bench.  Dukes are deep in talent, but mostly Freshman, so it's time now to see can contribute for this team come Conf. play.  

11/25/2018 3:23 pm  #17

DuqLaw wrote:

Very nice to see Rotroff and Bizeau on the court at the same time. Is this the first time this season thats happened?

I liked to see two Bigs in at the same time.  Not for the eventual starting five, but it may be needed against the zone down the line. We do have a lot of height on this team.

11/25/2018 3:25 pm  #18

NapaDuke wrote:

DuqLaw wrote:

I liked to see two Bigs in at the same time.  Not for the eventual starting five, but it may be needed against the zone down the line. We do have a lot of height on this team.

I liked what I saw from Kelly today, too.

11/25/2018 3:29 pm  #19

lilpav30 wrote:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, do you see that as “may” or “for sure”? It can’t be both.

11/25/2018 3:32 pm  #20

Duques102 wrote:

DuqLaw wrote:

It is crazy to watch but Mike Lewis II has essentially become a role player with the big increase in overall talent on this team. If he isn’t making shots he doesn’t offer much offensively and is an average defender at best. Consequences of getting better I guess.

The team isn't set yet, and we don't see Lewis in practice to know much, but U-Mass-L.  wasn't a big threat, so mixing and matching so many subs doesn't mean he's a role player. At least, not yet.  Also, Dambroth has the talent to bring in different players to match the competition each game, I mean, if the tempo is fast, or like ND things get slowed down.  Different players have good or bad games depending on how we match up each game. I'll bet he gets going against Pitt.   

11/25/2018 3:52 pm  #21

Face wrote:

lilpav30 wrote:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, do you see that as “may” or “for sure”? It can’t be both.

I covered my butt either way.  Haha

11/25/2018 5:03 pm  #22

KenPom knows (almost) all.

11/25/2018 5:59 pm  #23

Take away a few of the many Dukes' sloppy possessions in the second half and the bad officiating, and it really should have been a blowout.

11/25/2018 6:02 pm  #24

NapaDuke wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

DuqLaw wrote:

The team isn't set yet, and we don't see Lewis in practice to know much, but U-Mass-L.  wasn't a big threat, so mixing and matching so many subs doesn't mean he's a role player. At least, not yet.  Also, Dambroth has the talent to bring in different players to match the competition each game, I mean, if the tempo is fast, or like ND things get slowed down.  Different players have good or bad games depending on how we match up each game. I'll bet he gets going against Pitt.   

Wasn’t referring to just today. While we are mixing and matching personnel wise, Carry, Williams Jr., Hughes, and Weathers are getting consistent significant minutes and are contributing on both ends of the floor just as consistently (which I think is key when playing for Dambrot).

Lewis has been sporadic and looks disinterested often as someone else pointed out. His role has been greatly reduced in terms of running the offense with the introduction of Carry. Him, Frankie H and TDM are similar players in that they are guards with the ability to get hot and score in bunches but if they are not making shots, they don’t offer much else in terms of contributions.

11/25/2018 8:21 pm  #25

Duques102 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

Wasn’t referring to just today. While we are mixing and matching personnel wise, Carry, Williams Jr., Hughes, and Weathers are getting consistent significant minutes and are contributing on both ends of the floor just as consistently (which I think is key when playing for Dambrot).

Lewis has been sporadic and looks disinterested often as someone else pointed out. His role has been greatly reduced in terms of running the offense with the introduction of Carry. Him, Frankie H and TDM are similar players in that they are guards with the ability to get hot and score in bunches but if they are not making shots, they don’t offer much else in terms of contributions.

Good observation, but we don't see whats going on in practice to know if he is behind the curve in running the offense as good as his competition.  Hope to see more of him in the next few games to get some feel that he is still in the mix.

Board footera