Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2018 9:27 pm  #1

FIRST EVER NCAA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT WIN

Congrats to Coach Schmitt and his Dukes for reaching a program milestone! This win ranks with the best of all time for the program and certainly since the return to D1! My wife and I have never been so wet and enjoyed it so much!!!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (11/24/2018 9:28 pm)

11/24/2018 9:54 pm  #2

Re: FIRST EVER NCAA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT WIN

Judge - since you saw it live .... as you have time, will you provide a detail of the experience?

11/24/2018 10:14 pm  #3

It definitely rained harder on Towson.

11/24/2018 10:14 pm  #4

Just singin’ in the rain Judge?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/24/2018 10:47 pm  #5

Haha I think the team kept going after down 10 to 0. I don't think that they ever thought about not being able  to move the football and had terrible field position most of the first half. The feeling was from the get go that while Flacco is good, this was a team that they could play with and win. The fumble recovery on our goal line and then getting a field goal  right before the half had  the Dukes  so fired up coming off and  into locker room ! I think everyone believed that they were going out to win in second half... swear  I saw it in their eyes!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (11/24/2018 10:50 pm)

11/25/2018 8:57 am  #6

Like his brother, maybe a tad overrated?

11/25/2018 9:06 am  #7

Maybe Elduque but what was interesting is that he is completely different style..definitely an RPO guy who throws on the move. Dukes did good job of pressuring and contain

11/25/2018 9:32 am  #8

Looking at the highlights posted in the NCAA site, it looks like the rain was worse in the second half.  Flacco’s pass for their first (and only) touchdown was perfect and shows that he is the real deal born out by his stats.

The Dukes had the better ground game for sure when it proved that neither team could throw in the monsoon. 

Play calling to manage the weather was the best I’ve seen all year.

One thing stood out from the replays (watched the game from Buffalo Wildwings)... on his run from scrimmage to start the second half, Worley ran right through a big hit on the way to the endzone.  Towson was frozen for an instant and shocked that they were playing against big boys and not some underling conference champ.

Dukes are no longer “mid-major” pretenders to FCS Football!

Last edited by coffee (11/25/2018 9:35 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera