Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2018 3:54 pm  #26

Re: Looking ahead

Duques102 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

FWIW, and it's not really worth anything, NJIT received a vote in AP Poll as #25. They're at Fordham tonight

That is worth noting, I would assume that means they are ranked higher than us on something like kenpom or RPI? Also worth noting because I now plan on checking some of the game out on ESPN+

The guy who voted for them is Feinstein, who often has some out-there forecasts at the bottom of his polls. I respect the idea, but it doesn't mean NJIT is all of a sudden pushing for top 25. Receiving votes means in general you should be at least top 50 and NJIT is not top 50.

They are getting wins, however. And they are at Fordham tonight which is probably one of the bigger tests for either team so far this year

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/11/2018 4:32 pm  #27

yak-rbc wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

yak-rbc wrote:

FWIW, and it's not really worth anything, NJIT received a vote in AP Poll as #25. They're at Fordham tonight

That is worth noting, I would assume that means they are ranked higher than us on something like kenpom or RPI? Also worth noting because I now plan on checking some of the game out on ESPN+

The guy who voted for them is Feinstein, who often has some out-there forecasts at the bottom of his polls. I respect the idea, but it doesn't mean NJIT is all of a sudden pushing for top 25. Receiving votes means in general you should be at least top 50 and NJIT is not top 50.

They are getting wins, however. And they are at Fordham tonight which is probably one of the bigger tests for either team so far this year

Yeah that really is a ridiculous vote, hadn't looked at their schedule before my last post. They lost by 23 to the unimpressive Mass Lowell  team we beat pretty bad by 12 points and lost to a weak Ivy in Cornell. Their wins are against bottom feeders. Maybe that dude shouldn't be voting.....

Still want to watch some of this game tonight since it features two squads we will be playing. Yak, do you have a link where you can see individual voters and their picks?

12/11/2018 5:15 pm  #28

https://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/

If your AP ballot doesn't look like Graham Couch then you don't watch college basketball 😂😂

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/11/2018 6:20 pm  #29

NJIT must have a lot of money. They aren't playing a bunch of big schools and getting big paydays like most of the other schools at their level but they do have a top 25 vote to show for it.

12/11/2018 6:27 pm  #30

John Feinstein regularly gives his 25th place vote to a school from one of the very low level conferences so they can get a bit of recognition that they otherwise wouldn't get.  I think he gave it to Robert Morris a few years ago. 

12/11/2018 6:27 pm  #31

WashPaRick wrote:

NJIT must have a lot of money. They aren't playing a bunch of big schools and getting big paydays like most of the other schools at their level but they do have a top 25 vote to show for it.

They have been following a great model for a no name school to try to become relevant. Playing bad teams away to stack wins and get paid for it. I think they built a nice arena shortly after the year we played them.

12/11/2018 6:37 pm  #32

12/11/2018 10:17 pm  #33

Watched some of Fordham and NJIT. Super ugly game. Neither team looked very good at all. NJIT has some quick guards and a little bit of size but I think if we play well we should handle these teams. Both shot under 40% overall and NJIT 23% and Fordham 28% from 3.

12/12/2018 7:14 am  #34

Duques102 wrote:

Watched some of Fordham and NJIT. Super ugly game. Neither team looked very good at all. NJIT has some quick guards and a little bit of size but I think if we play well we should handle these teams. Both shot under 40% overall and NJIT 23% and Fordham 28% from 3.

I watched the entire game and not sure if they are both offensively challenged or are both really good defensively. NJIT likes to grab the rebound and run the fast break.

Board footera