Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/23/2018 12:38 am  #1

Clarification on the Technical Foul against Coach D

Coaching Box infraction is a Class B Technical. Rule 10 Art. 2 f states, The head coach may stand but must remain completely and clearly in his coaching box. One warning shall be issued to the head coach before any subsequent infraction is penalized. Class B technical one free throw should be awarded. The announcers said Coach D was hit with a T for being out of the box. That was not true because the Penn State player was awarded 2 free throws for first technical. Coach D was assessed an unsportsmanship technical for both T's Class A Technical, thus 4 free throws were given. The EKU game the officiating was probably worse and AD Harper was sitting directly in front of me on the floor and numerous times he was furious of the calls. He pulled out his phone immediately on some of the calls and one time walked towards the locker room tunnel to make a call. I am sure he was calling the league officials/office. It is funny the worst coach we had Ferry seem to get calls in our favor.

12/23/2018 1:25 am  #2

Re: Clarification on the Technical Foul against Coach D

Grands wrote:

Coaching Box infraction is a Class B Technical. Rule 10 Art. 2 f states, The head coach may stand but must remain completely and clearly in his coaching box. One warning shall be issued to the head coach before any subsequent infraction is penalized. Class B technical one free throw should be awarded. The announcers said Coach D was hit with a T for being out of the box. That was not true because the Penn State player was awarded 2 free throws for first technical. Coach D was assessed an unsportsmanship technical for both T's Class A Technical, thus 4 free throws were given. The EKU game the officiating was probably worse and AD Harper was sitting directly in front of me on the floor and numerous times he was furious of the calls. He pulled out his phone immediately on some of the calls and one time walked towards the locker room tunnel to make a call. I am sure he was calling the league officials/office. It is funny the worst coach we had Ferry seem to get calls in our favor.

Were those A10 refs? Usually ooc games will have refs from a 3rd league, although most refs work more than one league.

12/23/2018 9:01 am  #3

If that was the case; then the first “T” against KD was even more ridiculous and showed direct bias on the part of the official.  You miss an obvious forearm offensive foul first; then call a controversial block a second later; you as a ref should expect a coach to respond and protest vehemently.  The ref called the “T” from 50-feet away when he should have walked to the sideline and warned KD to settle down or he would call the “T”.  With 5-seconds left it was a poor decision.

12/23/2018 9:03 am  #4

Grands thanks for the clarification buddy.  It just seems to me that the refs this year seem to be more aggressive even anticipating fouls,  I am still scratching my head on the foul against M. Hughes.  

12/23/2018 9:21 am  #5

Thanks for the research... Totally ridiculous call followed by two more.  The ref has issues.  Unfortunately KD looked like the total madman. 

Hope the league does as much research as you did and also hope the other brotherhood of refs don't pre-judge him and blow the whistle even quicker.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

12/23/2018 2:33 pm  #6

That referee should never officiate another NCAA Division I game again.  It's bad enough you miss an obvious offensive foul and then call yet another 500/50 call Penn State's way, but then you don't even give Coach Dambrot a warning to calm down when you know he's right?

Coach was absolutely right to point out that Coach K would probably not get a T there.

The biggest disappointment is that it cost Duquesne a legit chance at beating a power 5 top 50 KenPom team and give themselves a nice resume-building win should this team be on the bubble for an NCAA bid.  

Board footera