Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH!, the Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fans Message Board!!!!
One of America's Great Message Boards


You know the rules, all inappropriate messages will be deleted!


PLEASE POST LINKS TO NEWSPAPER STORIES



UPCOMING GAMES

November 2019



Duquesne Women's basketball


November 2019

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



1/15/2019 6:20 pm  #1


Richmond

Yikes.

 

1/15/2019 6:36 pm  #2


Re: Richmond

Yep, they beat us when they should, they beat us when they shouldn't, they beat us when it's a tossup, they always beat us. Hey Dukes, if you want to send a message to this long suffering fan---BEAT Richmond!

 

1/15/2019 8:13 pm  #3


Re: Richmond

MikeR wrote:

Yep, they beat us when they should, they beat us when they shouldn't, they beat us when it's a tossup, they always beat us. Hey Dukes, if you want to send a message to this long suffering fan---BEAT Richmond!

This would be like 1986, when the Cleveland Browns finally won at 3 Rivers, after 16 losses. This thing has been worse than Pitt, worse than Bobby Mo. We have to win this game!!!
 

 

1/15/2019 8:18 pm  #4


Re: Richmond

duq81 wrote:

MikeR wrote:

Yep, they beat us when they should, they beat us when they shouldn't, they beat us when it's a tossup, they always beat us. Hey Dukes, if you want to send a message to this long suffering fan---BEAT Richmond!

This would be like 1986, when the Cleveland Browns finally won at 3 Rivers, after 16 losses. This thing has been worse than Pitt, worse than Bobby Mo. We have to win this game!!!
 

They are 22-1 against us since the start of A10 play.  I hope tomorrow brings them to 22-2.
 

 

1/15/2019 10:40 pm  #5


Re: Richmond

You can see my opinion in my signature.


Victi sumus Richmond!!!!
Nunc Bonnies delenda est!!!!!
 

1/16/2019 9:31 am  #6


Re: Richmond

Need quality D from our bigs tonight.  KD has mentioned their center/big man might be best player in A10.  So Hughes, Kelly, Rotroff better be ready.  Gilyard is the other key guy we need to limit.  

WE CAN DO IT!!!

 

1/16/2019 7:42 pm  #7


Re: Richmond

I was really impressed with Golden last year and I think he was a freshman. Really good all around player and NBA size and body. Hope we can contain him tonight.

Go Dukes!

 

1/17/2019 4:30 pm  #8


Re: Richmond

The curse of the plucked Hawk is broken!


COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything
 

1/18/2019 10:01 am  #9


Re: Richmond

coffee wrote:

The curse of the plucked Hawk is broken!

I loved the plucked hawk.  Bring back the Sheiks! 
 

 

1/18/2019 11:57 am  #10


Re: Richmond

Mulder wrote:

coffee wrote:

The curse of the plucked Hawk is broken!

I loved the plucked hawk.  Bring back the Sheiks! 
 

That was a classic moment, but pretty extreme as sports moments go. This happened after my time as a Sheik. Not the club's smartest moment as the St. Joe's players put a real hurt on some of the Sheiks defending the Hawk.  

Despite that moment, I would love for DU get to the point where groups like the Sheiks, Playboys, and many frats did come out in force again.  There is no question in those days there was a ton of school spirit. This is something that has been sorely missing for decades at DU.  I wonder, however, if the antics and chants by these students which were considered funny (not the plucking) and accepted, would be considered politically incorrect today, and not welcomed at DU. People were offended by a hand full of current students chanting "Ferry sucks", think how it would have been with a full compliment of Sheiks and Playboys.   

 

1/18/2019 12:53 pm  #11


Re: Richmond

CLK wrote:

Mulder wrote:

coffee wrote:

The curse of the plucked Hawk is broken!

I loved the plucked hawk.  Bring back the Sheiks! 
 

That was a classic moment, but pretty extreme as sports moments go. This happened after my time as a Sheik. Not the club's smartest moment as the St. Joe's players put a real hurt on some of the Sheiks defending the Hawk.  

Despite that moment, I would love for DU get to the point where groups like the Sheiks, Playboys, and many frats did come out in force again.  There is no question in those days there was a ton of school spirit. This is something that has been sorely missing for decades at DU.  I wonder, however, if the antics and chants by these students which were considered funny (not the plucking) and accepted, would be considered politically incorrect today, and not welcomed at DU. People were offended by a hand full of current students chanting "Ferry sucks", think how it would have been with a full compliment of Sheiks and Playboys.   

What if we brought back the OLD Sheiks and 'boys? Like the Zebes do every year?
 

 

1/18/2019 4:38 pm  #12


Re: Richmond

ElDuque wrote:

What if we brought back the OLD Sheiks and 'boys? Like the Zebes do every year?
 

That would be splendid, especially if we did it on the same day.

There are no more Zebes on campus, either.  The frat dropped its affiliation with ZBT national years ago over national's demand that we pay into an insurance fund for a frat house that we didn't have.

But we did have over 20 former brothers at the game last Saturday.  We've got a core of 5 season ticket holders who show up for virtually every game and I know the Sheiks and Playboys do as well because I'm friends with them and see them all of the time.  Of course, if you don't get your own group together to do this you're welcome to join the Zebes for the day as we welcome all of our old friends as well as any new ones who want to come along and support the Dukes.
 

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

LINKS


DUQUESNE SITES



  • The Point Of Pittsburgh
  • Pittsburgh Sports Now