Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2019 9:14 am  #26

Re: Sellout SLU on Wednesday

I think the scholarship idea is fantastic! 

I believe uniforms are starting to go this direction....check out any AAU customs this up coming SZN. 

Roll Dukes Roll

1/23/2019 10:37 am  #27

Those photos are being digitally enhanced, showing more contrast and shadows, along with a glossy overtone. It’s designed to catch your eye, which it obviously did.

The uniforms look perfectly normal and sharp in person and on TV.  Thanks, LBJ.

1/23/2019 12:01 pm  #28

My people on the ground are very excited with the amount of kids that have told them they're going tonight.

Let's see what we got tonight

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/23/2019 12:13 pm  #29

Quick Q:  Where else besides the main parking garage do any of you park?  I hate getting in and out of that place to this day.  I was thinking of trying Mercy's parking lot.  Is there anything else on Forbes, or even Fifth that are decent, ~$10?

1/23/2019 12:19 pm  #30

townsonkid wrote:

Quick Q:  Where else besides the main parking garage do any of you park?  I hate getting in and out of that place to this day.  I was thinking of trying Mercy's parking lot.  Is there anything else on Forbes, or even Fifth that are decent, ~$10?

Parking on the street is free after 6:00, both on the commercial streets and the residential area of Uptown

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/23/2019 12:35 pm  #31

I can't make the game tonight.  Anyone want my tickets for free?  I work downtown and could meet to drop them off.

1/23/2019 12:38 pm  #32

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Those photos are being digitally enhanced, showing more contrast and shadows, along with a glossy overtone. It’s designed to catch your eye, which it obviously did.

The uniforms look perfectly normal and sharp in person and on TV. Thanks, LBJ.

Haven't seen them in person, but I'll take your word for it. I think it may just be that these uniforms have a very minimalist design. No piping or striping or trim of any kind, just plain red or white, with the Duquesne name or logo, a number and the Nike swoosh. Not quite what we're used to, but seems to be a common Nike design these days. St. Joe's and St. Louis also wear Nike and their current uniforms are also much more basic than past years.

But enough of that, looking forward to tuning in to the ESPN+ stream tonight and seeing a full house that cheers on the Dukes to victory and stays 'til the very end to celebrate. 

1/23/2019 12:39 pm  #33

09dukes wrote:

I can't make the game tonight.  Anyone want my tickets for free?  I work downtown and could meet to drop them off.

Still available?  I am also downtown.

1/23/2019 12:43 pm  #34

Wharfrat - Dunkin across from the Steel Tower at 2 work?

1/23/2019 12:53 pm  #35

09dukes wrote:

Yes, I'll have red coat. Thanks!

1/23/2019 12:54 pm  #36

Sounds good I'll be there.

1/23/2019 1:32 pm  #37

I'll see if I can find anything, but haven't parallel parked since the 90s   
thanks

1/23/2019 2:21 pm  #38

townsonkid wrote:

thanks

There is pay parking that is free after 6 on 5th Ave from basically Birmingham bridge all the way down to PPG arena on both sides of the street (note you can’t park here during nights where there is a pens game). There is also parking on Forbes between the power center and Palumbo on the left side of the street. Shouldn’t even have to actually parallel park there are usually plenty of open spaces.

1/23/2019 4:04 pm  #39

yak-rbc wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Parking on the street is free after 6:00, both on the commercial streets and the residential area of Uptown

Be careful on that.  Some of the city streets extended the meter fees until 9 or 10 including around campus.  I noticed that a few weeks ago when I parked on a nearby street.

Last edited by Mulder (1/23/2019 4:06 pm)

1/23/2019 4:18 pm  #40

I definitely have not seen that yet, aside from East Carson St on SS. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Residential areas are definitely free after 6 though (technically 7 but you get 1 free hour all day so)

1/23/2019 4:23 pm  #41

thanks.  Shall see whats there when I get over, hopefully sooner than later.  

LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!

1/23/2019 4:42 pm  #42

wharfrat wrote:

09dukes wrote:

LOL! sounds like a drug deal! I guess The Dukes are the addiction.

1/23/2019 6:00 pm  #43

townsonkid wrote:

thanks

TownsonKID??   I assumed you were uh..  hmmm..  younger  lol    ;-)

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (1/23/2019 6:02 pm)

1/24/2019 6:38 am  #44

duq81 wrote:

wharfrat wrote:

09dukes wrote:

LOL! sounds like a drug deal! I guess The Dukes are the addiction.

Yes, getting over a bad cold, but couldn't wait till VCU game to get my fix.  Thanks again!

Board footera