Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2019 11:03 am  #1

The Ritter Effect

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2019/01/22/duquesne-games-middle-of-the-pack-atlantic-10-team-keith-dambrot-mike-hughes-saint-louis-palumbo-center/stories/201901230028

“Everyone’s going to talk regardless,” sophomore center Mike Hughes (12.3 points per game and 14 blocks in the past three games) said of energy surrounding the program. “Everyone talked bad about us a couple months ago when we lost to the people across the street (actually, I think it was one person). So there’s no need to feed into the energy that’s on the outside."

1/23/2019 2:34 pm  #2

Re: The Ritter Effect

ElDuque wrote:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2019/01/22/duquesne-games-middle-of-the-pack-atlantic-10-team-keith-dambrot-mike-hughes-saint-louis-palumbo-center/stories/201901230028

“Everyone’s going to talk regardless,” sophomore center Mike Hughes (12.3 points per game and 14 blocks in the past three games) said of energy surrounding the program. “Everyone talked bad about us a couple months ago when we lost to the people across the street (actually, I think it was one person). So there’s no need to feed into the energy that’s on the outside."

Seems to be a rather cheap shot of a board contributor.  Please delete.

1/23/2019 3:33 pm  #3

Hilltopper wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

No, it seems to be a pretty funny shot at a board contributor, so please keep it up  (That's what she said ;-) )

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/23/2019 3:53 pm  #4

I doubt its a poster here, probably a local media block head.

1/23/2019 4:42 pm  #5

Ritter has earned a cheap shot or two.

1/23/2019 5:10 pm  #6

How is that a "cheap shot"?!!
Good for Hughes!
You want it deleted! ......What is this North Korea?

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

1/23/2019 5:47 pm  #7

townsonkid wrote:

I doubt its a poster here, probably a local media block head.

Is Bob Smizik working again? How about Dejan? There have been many--take your pick. If we win tonight, the pundits may need to dust off some Pitt-style praise.

1/23/2019 7:45 pm  #8

When I read that phrase in parentheses, I thought it was inserted by El Duque. 

Wherever it came from, it has ruffled some feathers, but is in good fun (I think).  

1/23/2019 10:23 pm  #9

Hilltopper wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

It's done in fun. The quote is legit, except it wasn't "people" being negative, it was our own critic. I've let him have his say, and he's certainly entitled to respond.

So, no, it's not being deleted.

1/24/2019 8:29 am  #10

ElDuque wrote:

Hilltopper wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

It's done in fun. The quote is legit, except it wasn't "people" being negative, it was our own critic. I've let him have his say, and he's certainly entitled to respond.

Rather than start a heated debate, I'll just say this: Thanks for reading!!!

1/24/2019 10:14 am  #11

rittersdiner wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Hilltopper wrote:

Rather than start a heated debate, I'll just say this: Thanks for reading!!!

No, really, this is about Michael Hughes reading YOU! Somehow he interpreted your minority view as representative of the fan base at large.

Board footera