Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2019 8:15 am  #26

Re: Poor journalism at the basic level

duq81 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

Crosseye wrote:

Hey Ritt - I hate to break it to you, but RMU is not in first place in the NEC. Close. It's a tight race. St. Francis, Pa. is the current leader. They play each other saturday in Loretto. Neither team would give Duquesne a run this year. So, no, the Dukes are not third in the city. You're about as negative as it gets. This team could win the league this year and you'd be crying, well it's only one time in the past 45 years.

I don't know who taught you math, but you got short-changed. 8-4 is first place when the next best record is 8-4. Tied for first? OK. But still in first.

As for your belief we would beat RMU this year, it's just that: your belief. We don't  play them anymore because the administration was tired of losing too them all the time.

P.S. If we win the conference, no one will be more pleased than me.

I guess by your way of thinking, Bobby Mo is number 1 in town, since Pitt isn't in first place either.

No, I use head to head. Can't remember RMU beating Pitt and can't remember Duquesne beating RMU more than once in the last nine years.

That was my big complaint when Duquesne cut the series. One day you might be better but there is no way to prove it now. Except over beers in a bar.

2/13/2019 6:39 pm  #27

rittersdiner wrote:

duq81 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

I don't know who taught you math, but you got short-changed. 8-4 is first place when the next best record is 8-4. Tied for first? OK. But still in first.

As for your belief we would beat RMU this year, it's just that: your belief. We don't  play them anymore because the administration was tired of losing too them all the time.

I guess by your way of thinking, Bobby Mo is number 1 in town, since Pitt isn't in first place either.

No, I use head to head. Can't remember RMU beating Pitt and can't remember Duquesne beating RMU more than once in the last nine years.

That was my big complaint when Duquesne cut the series. One day you might be better but there is no way to prove it now. Except over beers in a bar.

Can't argue with that. At least I can't.

2/15/2019 3:09 pm  #28

By the way, where is PSN?  No article in several days.  Losing to LaSalle that condemning?

2/15/2019 4:15 pm  #29

rittersdiner wrote:

Crosseye wrote:

Hey Ritt - I hate to break it to you, but RMU is not in first place in the NEC. Close. It's a tight race. St. Francis, Pa. is the current leader. They play each other saturday in Loretto. Neither team would give Duquesne a run this year. So, no, the Dukes are not third in the city. You're about as negative as it gets. This team could win the league this year and you'd be crying, well it's only one time in the past 45 years.

Well, It's 8-5 now since RMU just got blasted by the last place team Mount St Mary's last night!  Seems they've hit a tough stretch. 

Board footera