Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2019 7:44 am  #1

2019 Verbal Commits Complete Transfer List

You may need to use the refresh button when using this link

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/Melvin%20Morgan

3/19/2019 7:47 am  #2

Re: 2019 Verbal Commits Complete Transfer List

One interesting name, Daniel Utomi played two seasons under Keith Dambrot at Akron. He averaged 14.2 points and 5.5 rebounds this season. Shot 37.3 percent from 3.D

3/19/2019 7:57 am  #3

Yes and two key players at UMass leaving in Luwabe Pipkins and Unique McLean.  Pipkins was their star and will be a graduate transfer.  McClesn started a number of games.  A couple other A10 guys listed as well but not as big named

3/19/2019 8:24 am  #4

So at any time now we could see a few of our guys names popping onto that list?  

3/19/2019 11:06 am  #5

townsonkid wrote:

So at any time now we could see a few of our guys names popping onto that list?  

Once a player informs the school he / she is looking at possibly transferring the school has 48 hours to enter the players information into the transfer portal. he / she is then allowed to be contacted legally by other schools.

I would expect to see our 2 players pop up in the portal within the next 7 - 10 days .

3/19/2019 11:42 am  #6

Who are people expecting from our team to transfer? 

3/19/2019 12:53 pm  #7

Just randomly looking around that transfer list, one kid that stuck out was Nate Sestina from Bucknell, 6-9, 245 lbs, PF, averaged 15.8 ppg and 8.5 rpg, 78% FT.   Grad transfer.  Put up nice stats vs 3 A10 teams this year.

Wouldnt mind adding that to our team, if the chance arrives.

3/19/2019 3:00 pm  #8

DukefromDC wrote:

I think one player is pretty obvious, but a second one is going to be a surprise if it happens. Would they push out one of the injured guys? There is just no one else who is obvious, although you always have to wonder about Norman's dad, as he was publicly unhappy with his son's situation earlier in the season.

3/19/2019 4:20 pm  #9

CLK wrote:

One interesting name, Daniel Utomi played two seasons under Keith Dambrot at Akron. He averaged 14.2 points and 5.5 rebounds this season. Shot 37.3 percent from 3.D

PSN says we are interested him.

3/19/2019 4:29 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

DukefromDC wrote:

I think one player is pretty obvious, but a second one is going to be a surprise if it happens. Would they push out one of the injured guys? There is just no one else who is obvious, although you always have to wonder about Norman's dad, as he was publicly unhappy with his son's situation earlier in the season.

KD was a little slow in giving Norman playing time commensurate with what he seems capable of doing. I certainly hope he stays with the program. 

3/19/2019 5:37 pm  #11

I believe Coach Dambrot held Norman back because his dad was chirping on the internet about his kids lack of playing time. Much respect to Lamar who stayed the course. The kid is a player with the coaching of Dambrot.

3/20/2019 6:30 am  #12

Two points -  Just because a player's name appears on the list does not mean he is automatically transferring -  Players can pull their names back -  there was a recent DB from the Penn State Football Team who recently did this.

What we see from "outside the program" might not be the most accurate -  If there was ONE player whom we thought would not leave in MID-SEASON it would probably have been Mike Lewis II -  AFTER the season when he would have been in a situation similar to L C Gill - YES -  Mid season - NO -

3/20/2019 9:51 am  #13

Who is the obvious player?

I hope Norman doesn't leave...

Roll Dukes Roll

3/20/2019 10:15 am  #14

Unless I missed something, with Maceo and Ellis added to the roster, we are at 14.  Thats one over the limit.
So....someone has to leave, right? 

If history repeats, 2-5 players could leave the program.  Man, I hope we are beyond those days now with our coach with a plan.

3/20/2019 10:52 am  #15

townsonkid wrote:

Unless I missed something, with Maceo and Ellis added to the roster, we are at 14.  Thats one over the limit.
So....someone has to leave, right? 

If history repeats, 2-5 players could leave the program.  Man, I hope we are beyond those days now with our coach with a plan.

Nothing would depress me more than five or six transfers, just like last year, where we can't seem to get any traction and are running in place.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/22/2019 4:01 pm  #16

I keep checking this post.  All quiet on the DU front so far.  Very odd and strange feeling.

3/25/2019 8:01 am  #17

RE: Norman - he was the featured player on the recent Duquesne coach's show on AT&T Sportsnet.

3/25/2019 8:16 am  #18

Mulder, I think Norman's role next year will continue to grow as well.  Lamar has talent and the right attitude, we need him.  As for potential transfers, the next couple of weeks will be very interesting heading into the Spring signing period and the only surprise would be if the roster composition remains unchanged by this time next month. As KD said, you never stop recruiting and every end of season evaluation analyses what you have and what you need.  A continual talent upgrade should be the clear objective and we do need more talent notwithstanding who we have sitting out (Ellis and Swingle) and who we already have coming in (Maceo).  This is definitely keeping me engaged and excited to see what happens.

3/25/2019 10:43 am  #19

PistolPete wrote:

Mulder, I think Norman's role next year will continue to grow as well.  Lamar has talent and the right attitude, we need him.  As for potential transfers, the next couple of weeks will be very interesting heading into the Spring signing period and the only surprise would be if the roster composition remains unchanged by this time next month. As KD said, you never stop recruiting and every end of season evaluation analyses what you have and what you need.  A continual talent upgrade should be the clear objective and we do need more talent notwithstanding who we have sitting out (Ellis and Swingle) and who we already have coming in (Maceo).  This is definitely keeping me engaged and excited to see what happens.

Well you know at least one player will be gone to make room for Maceo.

3/25/2019 11:15 am  #20

PistolPete wrote:

I agree and it's a nice change to have a coach like KD to keep things engaged.

3/25/2019 11:29 am  #21

What happens if no one elects to transfer out?  

3/25/2019 1:53 pm  #22

townsonkid wrote:

What happens if no one elects to transfer out?  

Someone will be shown the door. Hopefully it won't come to that, and someone will be looking to move on of their own volition, but it doesn't always work that way.

3/25/2019 5:28 pm  #23

duq81 wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

Well you know at least one player will be gone to make room for Maceo.

This is assuming James Ellis is on scholarship next season.  I have seen no confirmation of this but have not heard anything that suggest he won't qualify.  It's just another wrinkle to our roster situation. 

3/26/2019 9:21 am  #24

Someone mentioned that he is in good standing so far, Ellis that is.  Cant remember who it was, maybe a school rep, maybe an announcer, IDK.

I've noticed a decent number of guys leaving the A10, mostly frosh or sophs.  

3/26/2019 1:48 pm  #25

Also heard that James Ellis is crushing his studies. 

Roll Dukes Roll

Board footera