Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2019 4:40 pm  #1

City Game

PSN reports that City Game is in jeopardy.  It appears to be because of new commitments Pitt is involved in including the 20 game ACC.  Power 5’s getting hard to schedule

Last edited by kcc173 (3/20/2019 4:40 pm)

3/20/2019 5:50 pm  #2

Re: City Game

They have done this in the past. I wouldn't worry. There will probably be a City Game and if there isnt than we can say that they are scared of us now.

GO DUKES 
BEAT PITT

3/20/2019 7:25 pm  #3

Paul I Love Jim Ferry Zeis of the fan had Coach Dambrot on. Coach confirmed the Pitt game in jeopardy. Second point always recruiting based upon the transfer rules. Interesting point he said one 5th year transfer with supporting cast can immediately turn a program around. He did elude to the possibility of losing 2-3 players. Finally in regard to practice at the Power Center adversity can be a positive as well as character builder. Yeah Paul Ron Everhart not good enough but what a run by Jim Ferry. Keep it up with your expert basketball analysis on the Fan.

3/20/2019 10:50 pm  #4

Looks like Pitt will be playing at Bobby Mo to open the new building. With the 20 game shedule, that's 3 spots gone from their ooc schedule. Add in 3 games in a tournament, and WVU, and that only leaves 4 games. I'm sure they want to fill that with 4 cupcakes at home. I won't worry too much about it if it's a one year thing, due to playing at RMU. If we resume the RMU game, they'd have us, and Pitt on their home schedule. Would be their greatest schedule ever.

3/21/2019 7:50 am  #5

DUQ brings nothing to pitt's schedule other than history(that less and less people care about), they dont need the help being in the ACC.  They beat us like 30 out of the last 32, talk about a cupcake!  They got a fresh one 3 miles down the road.  They are putting an easy December win at risk playing some other creme puff who wont cave the first sign of the word PITT.

I dont mind them not on our schedule, maybe we'll get a game we stand a chance in.

Oh, its true, its damn true!

Last edited by townsonkid (3/21/2019 8:46 am)

3/21/2019 8:29 am  #6

Could it be that Pitt does not want to play Duquesne at The Consol Energy Center because it will be Duquesne's home court?  The game is supposed to be on a neutral court.

3/21/2019 9:02 am  #7

Bilgy,
I love your loyalty to DU basketball but go back to what townson kids says.  Believe me, pitt is not afraid of us.  We have seldom been competitive playing them over the last many years.  We are a before season “W” on their schedule.  Where we play them is not a factor but love the loyalty!

3/21/2019 12:34 pm  #8

The Bobby Mo thing is official. This is likely the issue, so I expect it to be a one year thing. I'm surprised Pitt is willing to do it, as they've never played at Bobby Mo before. It's the right thing to do though. Additionally, I expect Bobby Mo to be back on our schedule this year, and I'll be disappointed if they're not.

3/21/2019 1:13 pm  #9

Craig Meyer tweeted me saying it is very likely there won't be a game this year.

I won't be ticked at Pitt if they lost their scheduling space to play at RMU especially as I think more big schools should do that (yes that includes us). Between their non-con tournament, PSU, WVU, Big Ten challenge, the ACC expanding the league schedule, I can see where their openings start to tighten.

But if Pitt ends up playing UMass Lowell or UMES on or around December 6th I'll be real peaved

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/21/2019 2:42 pm  #10

they wont play a Bucknell or Vermont, they will play UMES type team, you can pretty much bank that.
I hope they lose them all.

3/21/2019 3:13 pm  #11

20 conference games is silly. They want to squeeze out the leagues below them.

3/21/2019 4:52 pm  #12

As per Sara Spencer, Duquesne and Pitt have reached an agreement for 2020

3/21/2019 6:36 pm  #13

rosceaux wrote:

As per Sara Spencer, Duquesne and Pitt have reached an agreement for 2020

No surprise there. In a way, I'm kind of glad we don't play them next year. Too much emphasis on that game. Let's concentrate on taking another step forward, without feeling like one game makes or breaks our season.

Board footera