Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2019 9:30 am  #26

Re: Swingle to transfer

I was really looking forward to seeing Swingle play; too bad that won’t happen; but I have to wonder why KD would recruit guys who were not going to be able to compete defensively?  I know it’s a tough sell right now for Duquesne but we’ve had a lot of swings and misses in two years.

4/11/2019 10:10 am  #27

Dukes2012 wrote:

MikeR wrote:

I thought maybe ElDuque had over-reacted a little bit. But since then, some of you have really proved him right. I am embarrassed to even be part of this board. I hope the moderators will step in and clean this up.

Some pretty epic meltdowns on here. I wish people would take a deep breath and look at what we have coming back next year. I honestly believe we will be better next year, even with Eric.

Amen. When you take a step back and realize these are 18 to 21 year old KIDS and a GAME we are talking about, some of these posts seem REALLY petty and pathetic.

4/11/2019 10:13 am  #28

MikeR wrote:

I thought maybe ElDuque had over-reacted a little bit. But since then, some of you have really proved him right. I am embarrassed to even be part of this board. I hope the moderators will step in and clean this up.

I just saw the post. I am embarrassed also. The only thing that keeps me on this board is that I recognize that there are only a handful of guys, and they do not represent the majority of Duquesne fans.       

I have edited the post

4/11/2019 10:14 am  #29

This is classless. This is what I mean when I said we can be angry, upset, disappointed over the situation but should hold ourselves to something higher than personal attacks. This board has gotten ugly and that is really disappointing to me

Jackdoc, I have edited the post you referenced.  See my comment above - CLK

Last edited by CLK (4/11/2019 10:30 am)

4/11/2019 10:36 am  #30

Good move CLK, no room for hateful, demeaning personal attacks!!  Go Dukes!!

4/11/2019 10:39 am  #31

Damn what did I miss?

Roll Dukes Roll

4/11/2019 10:44 am  #32

Also underrated reasons for players wanting to transfer.....The whole not having a arena next year. They legit will be working out and practicing in the power center. Just another reason to push someone in another direction. 

Of course it's the right move to built...hopefully next SZN all players will stay because they watched the new arena be constructed for the past year.  

Roll Dukes Roll

4/11/2019 10:48 am  #33

Cant we all just get along?
There arent many DU fans out there that care enough to come to this site.  Lets be a little nicer to each other, and the KIDS that come and go.  We all want the same thing for the team/school.

4/11/2019 11:10 am  #34

This will perhaps clear up some misunderstandings.  I wish Dylan all the best.

https://twitter.com/Shoe393/status/1116369401907957762

4/11/2019 11:59 am  #35

levon1975 wrote:

I was really looking forward to seeing Swingle play; too bad that won’t happen; but I have to wonder why KD would recruit guys who were not going to be able to compete defensively? I know it’s a tough sell right now for Duquesne but we’ve had a lot of swings and misses in two years.

Good question, levon1975. I think KD (and coaches in general) try very hard to project a player's development after they get into the system.  At the time of recruitment and signing, they obviously feel that the player can be developed to fit into KD's system.

Once the player is on campus and practicing/playing, they have to reevaluate their thoughts on the player. In the case of Dylan, they still felt he could develop and provided him with a redshirt year. I think in the case of Gavin, they understood his defensive weaknesses, but were hoping that they could pick their spots to hide him defensively but use his offensive prowess to generate some offense.

Now we come to the end of the season.  KD and the coaching staff look at how the player performed in both games and everyday practice.  Also, did the player's skills, along with physical and mental improvements, get better/develop as the year progressed?  I think KD is brutally honest when he conveys his thoughts to the player and projects how the player is going to be developed and used in the coming year(s).

As this program develops, KD can't afford to have this many misses and I expect that the recruiting will become much sharper.

Board footera