Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2019 11:55 am  #1

Dukes Foreign Tour

According to Stadium Sports the Dukes will be in the Bahamas August 5-12

https://watchstadium.com/news/comprehensive-list-of-every-2019-college-basketball-foreign-tour-05-06-2019/

5/06/2019 12:10 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Foreign Tour

I was wondering if they were going to do one this year. I see Pitt, and WVU on the list as well. They'll need to get the new guys in school so that they can play in this. I don't see any other A10 schools on the list. Might give us a shot at getting a leg up on the competition.

5/07/2019 10:44 am  #3

I think freshmen typically get in in June to begin summer workouts and take a couple classes anyway. No worries there

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

5/07/2019 11:12 am  #4

duq81 wrote:

I don't see any other A10 schools on the list. Might give us a shot at getting a leg up on the competition.

UMass in the Virgin Islands at the end of August.

5/07/2019 11:18 am  #5

We're talkin about practice!
Its a nice vacation, get some beach time, party, shoot some hoops, eat well, maybe find a chic.   Enjoy the time.  Hopefully bond as a team/unit/family.

Imagine being a freshman, and before classes start, you already have a paid vacation to the Bahamas, all decked out in the newest Nike gear.  Yup, those athletes need paid.  I've never been to the Bahamas in my life, talk to me, I'm 40!!!    :-)

KD should have them up at 6am running miles on the beach sand.  Rocky style!!!

5/07/2019 1:26 pm  #6

KD should have them up at 6am running miles on the beach sand.  Rocky style!!!

Nope!!!, Rueben Montanez Style!~!!!  This is how he acquired his great leaping ability while running the beaches of Puerto Rico.

5/07/2019 8:03 pm  #7

First time I ever saw ally-op plays was with Reuben Montanez and it was electrifying seeing a (6'3?) player jump that high. It was memorable for me then as it continues to be unforgettable for me now.

5/07/2019 10:13 pm  #8

As a graduate of Bishop Boyle myself I feel compelled to point out that Reuben was also a Boyle Lancer!!! (Seriously that was our nickname!!!) Brought to the United states by our high school coach the late Fran Mannion  aka " Magee" and who also coached  a pretty good high school basketball player  former Packers coach Mike McCarthy!Apologies for my digression!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (5/07/2019 10:14 pm)

5/09/2019 3:31 pm  #9

Is that the Mannion they called "Meatball"? If so, Meatball was one of my senior year baseball coaches at St. Justin

5/09/2019 4:40 pm  #10

Great question but that is a different legendary local coach! The baseball field in Mt Washington is named after your old St Justin coach but not the basketball Coach at Boyle!

5/09/2019 10:33 pm  #11

Thanks for clearing that up

5/18/2019 3:37 pm  #12

You're welcome and specifically the field in Olympia park! Back to the original subject has anyone seen any information about the Bahamas trip and travel arrangements etc? Thanks everyone

6/07/2019 7:28 am  #13

6/07/2019 8:51 am  #14

Again CLK thanks for sharing

6/07/2019 11:51 am  #15

I hope the school will keep us up to date on the game results during this trip.

6/07/2019 9:18 pm  #16

duq81 wrote:

I watched Notre Dame play online in a summer game last season and I think it was in the Bahamas. Maybe we will be able to find the games.

7/16/2019 8:01 am  #17

Looks like two games have been scheduled.  Not sure if any other games will be played.

Last edited by CLK (7/16/2019 8:01 am)

7/16/2019 9:23 am  #18

WashPaRick wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I watched Notre Dame play online in a summer game last season and I think it was in the Bahamas. Maybe we will be able to find the games.

ND did play in the same tournament last season, and the tournament is put on by the Bahamas Telecommunications Company. So hopefully we will be able to get an early look at the Dukes this year.

7/22/2019 3:37 pm  #19

Along with the games on the foreign tour to the Bahamas, the Dukes are allowed 10 days of practice prior to the trip. If I can still read a calendar, I'm guessing that formal practices will be starting later this week. To me, these extra practices are the biggest benefit of the foreign tour.  They should really help this year's Dukes team, building upon last year and formally integrating the 5 newcomers into Dambrot's system (and Ellis and the freshman into college basketball). 

7/22/2019 3:45 pm  #20

Quite a few college teams going to the Bahamas in August; along with the Nigerian National teams.
http://www.tribune242.com/news/2019/jul/19/nigerians-hoyas-in-summer-of-thunder/

7/27/2019 8:26 am  #21

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Along with the games on the foreign tour to the Bahamas, the Dukes are allowed 10 days of practice prior to the trip. If I can still read a calendar, I'm guessing that formal practices will be starting later this week. To me, these extra practices are the biggest benefit of the foreign tour.  They should really help this year's Dukes team, building upon last year and formally integrating the 5 newcomers into Dambrot's system (and Ellis and the freshman into college basketball). 

Thanks for the information Phoenix.  This is the kind of information DU should be putting out, along with perhaps more information about who they will play, interviews with the coaches, updates on the players and so on.  Duquesne has been pretty bad in covering the team and generating any kind of excitement for the fan base about this tour.  

7/27/2019 10:29 pm  #22

Really..lets get add some info

7/28/2019 12:22 pm  #23

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thanks for the information Phoenix.  This is the kind of information DU should be putting out, along with perhaps more information about who they will play, interviews with the coaches, updates on the players and so on.  Duquesne has been pretty bad in covering the team and generating any kind of excitement for the fan base about this tour.  

Interesting that I haven’t seen anything coming out of Oakland either regarding their foreign tour to Italy. I’m wondering if there may be some kind of NCAA restriction.  We all know they have a enough of them.

7/29/2019 3:12 pm  #24

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

CLK I would totally agree. I believe in the AD & President as well as the head coach BUT can’t they do something either on a podcast twitter or DU website. How about an in-house interview with the new players. Not to be negative but the staff has to step up their game. Climb that mountain work hard and strive to be the best in the A-10.

7/31/2019 10:12 am  #25

I put 93.7 on in the car this morning to hear their over reaction to the fight in the pirate game last night, and they did mention Capel was on their show today and will talk about their trip to Italy.

If you remember, DU was looking to hire someone to lead a lot of media stuff/in game promos/web info, etc.  So IDK if they found anyone, but that opening wasnt posted that long ago.  So even if they did, that person is probably just getting up to speed.

It would be nice to hear or see something from the team, esp from the Bahamas, or even a few clips on twitter, something, anything!

Board footera