Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2019 10:27 am  #26

Re: Nike???

CLK wrote:

Face wrote:

CLK wrote:

I know, but it comes at a cost.  My son was a police officer in Dallas for many years.  On July 7, 2016 his patrol partner was wounded, and his co-worker and friend was killed trying to protect that right by a cop hating sniper.  But for the mercy of God...…

I have little tolerance for those who spread hate and advocate violence.  I put Kapernick in that category, and anyone who enables him and others like him to spread hate.      

None of this has anything to do with Duquesne.

None of it does, but if we want to move the conversation away from that it’s unfair for you to pair that with a blanket statement about who hates and who endorses violence. Especially when, so far as I am aware, Kaepernick has promoted nothing more than nonviolent protest. Though I may be wrong there as he is not someone that I follow.

Still, he has encouraged the wrong approach. Instead of some people recognizing that there is in fact a problem, he gives them the opportunity to make him a villain. Much easier to vilify a person you don’t like than it is to acknowledge a tough problem that isn’t easy to solve.

Also not saying I agree that pulling the shoes made sense but frankly I don’t care about them, not my style regardless.

I was replying to your dad's comments.  Admittedly I have a very strong view on this subject, and while I see you have edited your post from your first draft you are still way off base (if you want to discuss this privately I would be glad to do so).  You have no idea how it is for police officers and their families to see the hate fermented by people like Kapernick.  Hate begets violence.  Kapernick spreads that hate and in that regard is complicit in the violence.  Again this has nothing to do with Duquesne, and agree with your dad we should move forward, but I am not going to let you attack me with your naive comments.

Please find me the personal attack in that post.

Further, I can assure you that my edit only added content. I said nothing toward you other than it is unfair to encourage a move away from the conversation while simultaneously getting a last shot in. If you take offense to that I can do nothing about it.

If it’s about the “person you don’t like” I’m referring to a generic “you.” That may not have been clear.

Last edited by Face (7/03/2019 10:29 am)

7/03/2019 10:38 am  #27

Really needs to end. 

I have strong opinions too that many would not like and if this continues I'm going to go off.  As I said I work in a political environment and some would not be  happy with my opinions re: certain people related to that who I get to see from the other side. 

So it REALLY freaking needs to end.  Never should have started in the first place either.  Not on this board at least.

Last edited by Mulder (7/03/2019 10:41 am)

7/03/2019 11:13 am  #28

This thread is closed.  Mulder and Face check your Inbox

Board footera