Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/18/2019 5:18 pm  #1

Recruiting update

Duquesne is in the top 6 for 6'8" Power Forward Andre "Dre" Harris.  TCU, GCU, Montana, Washington State, Duquesne and New Mexico make up the list.

https://twitter.com/LMEdits22/status/1163199852664250369

Duquesne is also in the top 3 for 6'7" SF Trey Robinson.  Duquesne, Toledo & Northern Kentucky are the list.

https://twitter.com/ttrentt24/status/1162349402909892608

Both look like very nice players. Please don't ask the obvious question.  I don't know.  

8/19/2019 10:57 am  #2

Re: Recruiting update

9/09/2019 5:51 pm  #3

9/09/2019 7:48 pm  #4

The last name in the article is Peter Suder. I wonder if that is Rick Suder’s son. Rick was Duquesne’s best free throw shooter ever.

Last edited by HookShot (9/09/2019 8:10 pm)

9/09/2019 9:56 pm  #5

Pete was a starting guard for Carmel as a freshman last year as they won the big school Indiana state championship.My guess from the little I know is Pete Suder is going to be highly recruited by all the big schools.
 His dad was lightly recruited and developed into a very good basketball player at Duquesne.He was a great shooter and steadily improved  year after year .I think he was a first team A10 pick his senior year.
  That 15-14 team nearly pulled off upsetting St Joes in A10 semifinals,Suder had his arm slapped the ball
goes to St Joes and a foul is called on Stevenson on a blocked shot that looked clean.St Joes wins by 1
in one of the most heartbreaking losses in Duquesne history.Thanks alot A10 refs.
Emmett Sellers was starting to come on strong and who knows what Suder,Sellers and Rawls could have done if they had played WVU in finals.It hurts just thinking about that game.Very painful,so close.

9/09/2019 10:19 pm  #6

Recruit Pete like crazy-Dukes went out on limb recruiting Rick and it was one of the smartest things Jim Satalin did at Duquesne. There is probably family around the area which would be a plus.Duquesne would have the youngsters attention because of the father doing so well here.Dambrot has the gift for gab and
does well establishing relationships with players.
 A minus could be that Carmel High SChool home attendance is twice that of Duquesne.I dont know that to be true but I am sure he will have played before huge crowds in Indiana tourney games.

9/10/2019 3:45 am  #7

Thanks for the info. I was there for the St. Joe game and it was a brutal no call. Everyone knew Rick would make the shots since he was a 90%+ free throw shooter. Pierre Brooks (ton of Big Ten offers) and Jaden Adkins are both top notch recruits for 2021. It is good to see us involved.

9/10/2019 6:12 pm  #8

I don’t know whether the Dukes will be in the mix for Pete Suder; but I applaud the coaches for getting involved with him.  In years past our coaches might have failed to recognize the legacy connection with Rick.  I like that about KD.  He pays homage to the great Dukes of the past.

9/10/2019 7:54 pm  #9

Dukes should recruit him hard,Pete could be a 6-7 kid with skills of a guard,you got one of the Miller boys from Beaver Falls as head coach at Indiana,you got a assistant at Purdue who served for RE when he was at Duquesne.Schools will be salivating to get Pete Suder because if you are reading about this elite team in Indiana,he was making clutch baskets throughout the season and he still has a boys body.When his body catches up to his skills watch out.Rick was a great player because of hard work and this young man
is going to be awesome as a senior at Carmel High if hes got that same work ethic Rick had.GO BLUFFITES.

9/10/2019 8:31 pm  #10

It sure would be a great story if he proves to be an A10 quality player.  His great grandfather played for the old Philadelphia/Kansas City A’s for nearly two decades and he lived his whole life in Aliquippa.  And Pete’s Dad’s Duquesne connections and accomplishments speak for themselves.  I would love to see him here but I guess we need to monitor his development.  If he inherited work ethic from his family tree, I am quite confident in him.

9/11/2019 7:03 am  #11

I think I know the answer, but, how do we have room for anyone next year?  

9/11/2019 9:55 am  #12

townsonkid wrote:

Simple, we'll have four 5th-year seniors who will be eligible to graduate-transfer out and play somewhere else next year. I suspect that at least one and probably two will. And then the standard underclassman transfers. KD's had eight of those in his first two seasons and is bound to have a few more after this season.

9/11/2019 10:42 am  #13

As luck would have it, there was an alumni event in Carmel, Indiana last night with President Gormley. Looks like Rick Suder attended as I do believe that's him, second row, second-from-left in the red shirt, no?

https://www.facebook.com/DuqAlumni/photos/a.299681640118762/2406159736137598/?type=3&theater

9/12/2019 12:50 pm  #14

9/12/2019 9:05 pm  #15

DennisC91 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Simple, we'll have four 5th-year seniors who will be eligible to graduate-transfer out and play somewhere else next year. I suspect that at least one and probably two will. And then the standard underclassman transfers. KD's had eight of those in his first two seasons and is bound to have a few more after this season.

Hope that Mike Hughes, and Marcus Weathers don't go anywhere. That's why it's important to take another step forward this year. If were looking like an NCAA team next year, as starters, I'd think they'd be less likely to leave, as opposed to being on a team that at best, might make the NIT. Make the NIT this year, and we'll be among the favorites to win the league next year. Why leave that?

9/20/2019 8:23 am  #16

11/09/2019 1:18 pm  #17

Dre Harris (a player discussed above) is on official visit this weekend.  He is a 6'8" Power Forward  with offers from Montana, Washington State, New Mexico and Georgetown.   As reported about he is KD's top target, and would be a big time recruit for the Dukes.

https://twitter.com/king_dre30/status/1193192937267482625

11/09/2019 2:20 pm  #18

CLK wrote:

Dre Harris (a player discussed above) is on official visit this weekend.  He is a 6'8" Power Forward  with offers from Montana, Washington State, New Mexico and Georgetown.   As reported about he is KD's top target, and would be a big time recruit for the Dukes.

https://twitter.com/king_dre30/status/1193192937267482625

Let's get that verbal.

11/10/2019 10:05 pm  #19

I want this kid and we need him!  C'mon Dre, join the Dukes.  Anyone hearing anything about how the visit went?  I think the early signing period starts this week.  

11/11/2019 10:48 am  #20

PistolPete wrote:

I want this kid and we need him!  C'mon Dre, join the Dukes.  Anyone hearing anything about how the visit went?  I think the early signing period starts this week.  

Pete, hopefully our friends at Pgh Sports Now will pick up on this story and let us know how the visit went.  The early signing period starts Wednesday and runs for a week.  I also hope we can get this kid, he would be a great fit. 

11/11/2019 11:23 am  #21

CLK, thanks for clarification on the signing period.  It would be special for KD to land a PF sought after by the likes of GTown, WSU and New Mexico.  Close the deal!!!!

11/12/2019 9:16 am  #22

PSN article on Dre Harris visit

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/11/11/2020-3-star-forward-andre-harris-recaps-duquesne-official-visit/

Mike Vukovcan & Pgh Sports Now has done a terrific job in covering the Dukes.

11/12/2019 10:57 am  #23

duq81 wrote:

DennisC91 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Hope that Mike Hughes, and Marcus Weathers don't go anywhere. That's why it's important to take another step forward this year. If were looking like an NCAA team next year, as starters, I'd think they'd be less likely to leave, as opposed to being on a team that at best, might make the NIT. Make the NIT this year, and we'll be among the favorites to win the league next year. Why leave that?

I think TDM would be attractive to some bigger programs, P5 schools that need a shooter next year.   But thats way down the road.   Like you say, hopefully we win a lot this year, they are excited for the Coop and they stick around and win the A10 next year!

11/15/2019 8:43 am  #24

Facebook group (Mike Vukovcan) is hinting we have a commitment from somebody today.

11/15/2019 9:28 am  #25

MikeR wrote:

Facebook group (Mike Vukovcan) is hinting we have a commitment from somebody today.

Mike, I saw where Tyson Acuff is signing at 3:30 today.  My guess since he visited a few weeks ago it may be him.  Just a guess.

Board footera