Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2019 7:52 pm  #1

Athlon has us in 7th place.

That's not terrible. I figure most preseason outlooks will have us between 5th, and 9th. I can't see anyone picking us above 5th, or below 9th.

9/05/2019 9:45 am  #2

Re: Athlon has us in 7th place.

Agree...we haven’t done anything to have earned a higher “predicted” ranking.  Speaking of that, this year, I hope we don’t hear wait til’next Year.  Next year is now, and if the right kids were recruited, then we will hopefully at least get to the NIT.  That is my “hope” and I believe it is realistic.

9/05/2019 10:14 am  #3

FAM wrote:

Agree...we haven’t done anything to have earned a higher “predicted” ranking. Speaking of that, this year, I hope we don’t hear wait til’next Year. Next year is now, and if the right kids were recruited, then we will hopefully at least get to the NIT. That is my “hope” and I believe it is realistic.

I'm in agreement with you. If KD didn't think we would be at least an NIT team by now, I don't think he would have brought in all of those transfers. If you're looking 4-5 years down the line, you don't bring in 5 transfers, you bring in freshmen. This is now a veteran team, with a grad student, and 4 academic seniors in the rotation. I'll be very disappointed if we don't take another step forward.

9/13/2019 3:49 pm  #4

Street & Smith also has us at #7.

9/14/2019 7:11 pm  #5

Lindy's is out and has us at number 6.

9/14/2019 8:26 pm  #6

What I have come to realize is how tough it is the rise to the top of this conference, even though it is not Elite

9/14/2019 8:28 pm  #7

And if you can get to the top of the conference you are on the edge or close to or about a top-20 program

9/14/2019 9:03 pm  #8

1111 Vickroy wrote:

And if you can get to the top of the conference you are on the edge or close to or about a top-20 program

It's a good league, and considering how little we've contributed to it, we're lucky to be in it.

9/24/2019 12:41 pm  #9

Lindy's picks the Dukes to finish 6th.

9/24/2019 7:25 pm  #10

Crosseye wrote:

Already pointed out. Any opinion on that?

9/26/2019 9:56 am  #11

duq81 wrote:

Crosseye wrote:

Sorry Duq81, didn't see that you posted that earlier. I just noticed the mag was out, too. Well, my opinion is probably much like everyone else's, as much of a cop out as it would seem. This league is as unpredictable as they get. I guess injuries play a part no matter what sport and what league. That seems to be the case with the Dukes. They look like they're making progress. It's just such a big hill to climb from where they've been. As we all know, the A10 is not the NEC. It's not even in the same breath. So, Duquesne is actually a pretty talented team that gets overshadowed by a lot of talented teams. In other words, throw the names in a hat. I wouldn't include the Dukes in the group of patsies that shake out when the dust settles. I'd say they'll be a factor. No. 6 sounds good to me in a highly competitive league with a whole lot of teams.

9/26/2019 4:53 pm  #12

Crosseye wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Crosseye wrote:

Sorry Duq81, didn't see that you posted that earlier. I just noticed the mag was out, too. Well, my opinion is probably much like everyone else's, as much of a cop out as it would seem. This league is as unpredictable as they get. I guess injuries play a part no matter what sport and what league. That seems to be the case with the Dukes. They look like they're making progress. It's just such a big hill to climb from where they've been. As we all know, the A10 is not the NEC. It's not even in the same breath. So, Duquesne is actually a pretty talented team that gets overshadowed by a lot of talented teams. In other words, throw the names in a hat. I wouldn't include the Dukes in the group of patsies that shake out when the dust settles. I'd say they'll be a factor. No. 6 sounds good to me in a highly competitive league with a whole lot of teams.

Thanks Crosseye! I agree it's really hard to pin down expectations, but for the first time in a long time, we can at least have reasonable hope for a pretty big season. May not quite happen, but it's no longer a pie in the sky dream.

10/03/2019 6:33 pm  #13

duq81 wrote:

That's not terrible. I figure most preseason outlooks will have us between 5th, and 9th. I can't see anyone picking us above 5th, or below 9th.

Like Penn State every year in football in the college polls, it''s best to start, respectful, then preform and move up, then to be over-rated, and embarrassed for being over-rated.  At this point, win, just win.  That's what matters.  I see this team 20-plus and in the top three going into tourney-time.  This is not a stretch.  Winning cures everything.

Board footera