Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2019 6:32 pm  #1

Jerry Schmitt DU Wins Record Countdown

Five to tie Gattuso. Six to own it outright.

Get it done, Coach.

Certainly he’ll get it this season. The question is - after which game will he own it? Thoughts?

Also, I for one will be happy when a guy like him owns it rather than Gattuso. DUFB got away with some questionable things under him. Not to mention those were the days of the MAAC.

Last edited by Face (9/06/2019 6:32 pm)

9/08/2019 6:04 pm  #2

Re: Jerry Schmitt DU Wins Record Countdown

Face wrote:

Also, I for one will be happy when a guy like him owns it rather than Gattuso. DUFB got away with some questionable things under him. Not to mention those were the days of the MAAC.

I can't disagree with the different levels of competition, but do you care to substantiate the "questionable things?" I don't remember anything scandalous during my years. I can't say it didn't happen, because I wasn't nearly as familiar with the football team as the basketball team, but I did have some connections to the program. Schmitt has been a very pleasant surprise, but at the time I was sad to see Gattuso leave.

9/08/2019 10:42 pm  #3

Lots of conduct issues on his teams, not to mention of course the murder. Granted, I believe they weren't students at the time but the day-to-day behavior described in the article exemplifies several issues with those teams at the time.

http://old.post-gazette.com/localnews/20020414thugs3.asp

Last edited by Face (9/08/2019 10:46 pm)

9/09/2019 10:54 am  #4

Face wrote:

Lots of conduct issues on his teams, not to mention of course the murder. Granted, I believe they weren't students at the time but the day-to-day behavior described in the article exemplifies several issues with those teams at the time.

http://old.post-gazette.com/localnews/20020414thugs3.asp

I can't believe I forgot about the murder. I would say that qualifies as scandalous.

9/23/2019 10:39 am  #5

Three to tie, four to own it.

GET IT.

9/24/2019 6:28 pm  #6

Agree with you Face and I am hoping that we pull out the road upset of New Hampshire and then go on conference roll! Just in time for Homecoming and 50th anniversary of football recognition

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (9/24/2019 6:28 pm)

10/05/2019 2:39 pm  #7

Two to tie, three to own. Let’s go!

10/06/2019 9:11 am  #8

Homecoming might be the game he gets to tie it! Agree with you Face and thanks for the heads up!

10/19/2019 6:05 pm  #9

One to tie, two to own.

Get it next week against Wagner!

10/27/2019 8:15 am  #10

Now a chance to own it by his lonesome next week vs SFU.

11/02/2019 2:46 pm  #11

HCJS now owns the record. Well done coach, looking forward to you developing a nice and big lead.

Board footera