Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2019 10:34 am  #1

DU to play WVU in exibition Game November 1st

9/13/2019 3:23 pm  #2

Re: DU to play WVU in exibition Game November 1st

Good chance to test ourselves against good players.

10/05/2019 4:03 pm  #3

In addition to the WVU charity game, Jeff Goodman is reporting that the Dukes are “secret” scrimmaging Kent State there on October 26.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1180536262559711232?s=21

10/07/2019 9:04 am  #4

Kudos to WVU for providing their State of the Art practice facility to the Dukes involving the Kent State scrimmage. Obviously Coach Dambrot has a good relationship with Coach Huggins & Ron. Later that week the Dukes get an exhibition game against a power 5 team. Not a bad gig without a loss due to the special status of this game against a Huggins coached team filled with 3-5 star players. Unfortunately Duquesne basketball this year is a team without a home court advantage due to the current construction of the UPMC arena. Now my point. WVU is my second favorite team next to the Dukes. My third team game day is Pitts opponent. Although this thread involves basketball why does Pitt football refuse to schedule Duquesne football. Over the last 3 years Pitt has scheduled many of the same opponents who played Duquesne. Would not a Pitt Duquesne game at Heinz field get some media & fan interest? After all did not WVU football schedule Duquesne for a game down at Morgantown. My conclusion go Mountaineers & Eat Sh## Pitt.

10/07/2019 11:30 am  #5

Although I agree with your sentiment regarding WVU on the positive side and the “Armpitts” on the negative side; I am not in favor of playing that far up, and out of our league in football.  Until the Dukes can compete somewhat evenly with a team like Youngstown St.; I don’t want to see our guys get mutilated by a team that is clearly several levels higher than Duquesne.  The gap is just too great from the standpoint of size, speed, skill and coaching to send our team into a situation where serious injuries,  and many of them m, would be likely.  Not to mention the embarrassment of giving up maybe 70 or more points to the clowns down the street!  You don’t want to be a laughingstock in a Pro-Armpitt City.  Just hope we can survive the WVU game in 2023 or whatever; but please DO NOT Schedule any more of these mismatches!  This Program is not ready to take that step!

10/07/2019 2:35 pm  #6

levon1975 wrote:

Although I agree with your sentiment regarding WVU on the positive side and the “Armpitts” on the negative side; I am not in favor of playing that far up, and out of our league in football.  Until the Dukes can compete somewhat evenly with a team like Youngstown St.; I don’t want to see our guys get mutilated by a team that is clearly several levels higher than Duquesne.  The gap is just too great from the standpoint of size, speed, skill and coaching to send our team into a situation where serious injuries,  and many of them m, would be likely.  Not to mention the embarrassment of giving up maybe 70 or more points to the clowns down the street!  You don’t want to be a laughingstock in a Pro-Armpitt City.  Just hope we can survive the WVU game in 2023 or whatever; but please DO NOT Schedule any more of these mismatches!  This Program is not ready to take that step!

Totally disagree my friend. Football is a business with budgets. Duquesne is a private institution. Catholic schools have No tax base. Unfortunately our hard earned dollars  are wasted on public institutions. Does Duquesne football run in the red or black? Any opportunity to collect a big paycheck helps Duquesne budget. Moreover since the inception of this program thanks to Dan Mccan  the quality of this program has continued to improve. Last years win at Towson was huge. Instant credibility on a regional basis. How about recruits when you mention the likes of WVU or BC. Yes the final score can be lopsided. Can injuries occur yes but injuries arise in practice as well as against other NEC schools. W&M as well as Richmond play UVA & Va Tech. A successful 1AA program cost dollars. In return paycheck games should better prepare the players for conference games. Paycheck games ease the financial burden on the overall budget of the University. Sorry Rooney field does not cut it against the likes of LIU.

10/07/2019 5:46 pm  #7

Ironduke81 wrote:

Kudos to WVU for providing their State of the Art practice facility to the Dukes involving the Kent State scrimmage. Obviously Coach Dambrot has a good relationship with Coach Huggins & Ron. Later that week the Dukes get an exhibition game against a power 5 team. Not a bad gig without a loss due to the special status of this game against a Huggins coached team filled with 3-5 star players. Unfortunately Duquesne basketball this year is a team without a home court advantage due to the current construction of the UPMC arena. Now my point. WVU is my second favorite team next to the Dukes. My third team game day is Pitts opponent. Although this thread involves basketball why does Pitt football refuse to schedule Duquesne football. Over the last 3 years Pitt has scheduled many of the same opponents who played Duquesne. Would not a Pitt Duquesne game at Heinz field get some media & fan interest? After all did not WVU football schedule Duquesne for a game down at Morgantown. My conclusion go Mountaineers & Eat Sh## Pitt.

Ironduke81, there may be a misunderstanding (unless you know something that I don't); the Dukes will play the scrimmage at Kent State.

10/07/2019 9:48 pm  #8

To get back to basketball, some of us are thinking about meeting at the Green Turtle in Morgantown before the exhibition game.
https://thegreeneturtle.com/location/morgantown-wv/

10/09/2019 12:13 pm  #9

Side note: I just heard from the ticket office at WVU. The tickets are going to be released on Tues 10/14 at 9 am. I'm gonna guess that it'll be easy to walk up and get one the day of, but for everyone that wants to sure up a ticket. 

10/27/2019 5:06 pm  #10

For us "out of towners, " Ironduke81  found this video link for the WVU game on Friday and asked me to post it.  Click on the "Watch" tab on this site.

Can't wait to get started!

https://wvusports.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

Last edited by CLK (10/27/2019 5:08 pm)

10/28/2019 12:52 pm  #11

There will be a group of Duquesne fans meeting at The Green Turtle in Morgantown at 5 prior to the game on Friday.  Our plan is to buy tickets at the door.  Feel free to join us.

https://thegreeneturtle.com/location/morgantown-wv/

10/30/2019 7:48 pm  #12

10/30/2019 7:55 pm  #13

For what it's worth, if this was the regular season opener for the Dukes-WVU, I would say that the Dukes would be a 9½ point underdog on the road against this WVU team. In terms of ratings, WVU is projected to be comparable to Dayton or Davidson.

10/31/2019 12:16 pm  #14

10/31/2019 12:43 pm  #15

Just two older Ohio boys in the twilight of their careers facing off in a meaningless game. Both have enviable records as head coaches at Akron.   Hope they raise a few bucks for the charity.   Time to get on with the real season.

11/01/2019 7:14 am  #16

CLK wrote:

For us "out of towners, " Ironduke81  found this video link for the WVU game on Friday and asked me to post it.  Click on the "Watch" tab on this site.

Can't wait to get started!

https://wvusports.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

Anyone know if that broadcast will be just live or if it will be available for replay? Our town foolishly moved trick or treating to tonight because of the threat of storms, which of course never ended up coming. So as much as I'd love to watch the game, I won't be able to live.

11/01/2019 9:03 am  #17

Can’t wait for the WVU game tonight. Keys 1. How will Hughes & Baylee compete against WVUs bigs who are the core of this years mountaineers. 2. The Duquesne guards should hold there own based upon experience. WVUs guard play last year was weak. Taz Sherman supposed to be a solid addition. 3. We all know Hugs demands his team to play hard defend & rebound. Coach Dambrot has preached defense first yet last years team at times reminded me of  Jim Ferry ball. If the Dukes show me toughness & defense I’m sold for this year. please Mike Hughes, when setting your pick at the elbow if the guard fails to rub his man off don’t reach & get unnecessary fouls. When Rotroff & Kelly return Dukes deeper at 4&5. Finally looking forward to watch James Ellis against Tshiebwe

11/01/2019 11:32 am  #18

Would anyone like 1 or 2 seats to tonight's game? Tickets can be delivered electronically. Message me for details if interested

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/01/2019 6:13 pm  #19

uh oh, not starting off well it sounds like, down 10 early.

I presume others can only get audio on the link to the WVU main website linked above?

11/01/2019 7:00 pm  #20

duquesnegraddad wrote:

I presume others can only get audio on the link to the WVU main website linked above?

The game is on AT&T

11/01/2019 7:48 pm  #21

Lousy foul shooting and shooting in general. Steele performing, Buckley looks like a spunky performer.

11/01/2019 7:59 pm  #22

Disappointing from many perspectives. Foul shooting ouch! Turnovers. Who is going to do the scoring this year? Man the other dude from kennnedy catholic killed the Dukes. Sincere with 5 turnovers? Dunn Martin missing 3 or 4 foul shots, rough rough rough

11/01/2019 8:22 pm  #23

Ritter's? Is that you?

11/01/2019 8:29 pm  #24

11/01/2019 8:35 pm  #25

duquesnegraddad wrote:

After the first 5 minutes, when we gave up the 10 point lead, it was a fairly even game.  I see a lot of things to be encouraged about.

Board footera