Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2019 7:38 am  #1

College Basketball composite ratings

For those who enjoy looking at the ratings, this page lists a bunch of different rating services, with their rating for each team. The high rating for each team is highlighted in red, while the low rating is highlighted in blue.
https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

11/06/2019 9:24 am  #2

Re: College Basketball composite ratings

81, Thanks for sharing. These services really are fragmented in their views. What’s really fascinating is Lipscomb who is one of our upcoming games is directly above us in the composite and has a wide differential in ratings.

11/06/2019 6:50 pm  #3

The Dome wrote:

81, Thanks for sharing. These services really are fragmented in their views. What’s really fascinating is Lipscomb who is one of our upcoming games is directly above us in the composite and has a wide differential in ratings.

I noticed that too. I think the large disparity for Lipscomb is due to the differing amount last season is considered at this early point in the season. They had a good team last year, but lost a ton. So if a ranking mostly depends on last season, they’ll be reasonably high. If it is dependent on what’s returning they’ll be ranked pretty low.

11/16/2019 9:11 pm  #4

We've cracked the top 100 in about half the rankings, with a high of 61 from Sonny Moore!!
http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/m-basket.htm

11/20/2019 1:03 pm  #5

Wow kudos to coach Dambrot, staff,AD& Prez. WHY according to Pomeroy Duquesne ahead of UCLA in power rankings. I never thought I would see the day. Next step NIT bid or God forbid NCAA bid🙏

11/20/2019 1:36 pm  #6

Ironduke81 wrote:

Wow kudos to coach Dambrot, staff,AD& Prez. WHY according to Pomeroy Duquesne ahead of UCLA in power rankings. I never thought I would see the day. Next step NIT bid or God forbid NCAA bid🙏

You realize it’s November right? Let’s celebrate rankings in March. This is our problems as fans. Not how we  start it’s how you finish especially with this light schedule

11/20/2019 8:43 pm  #7

Godukes2017 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

You realize it’s November right? Let’s celebrate rankings in March. This is our problems as fans. Not how we start it’s how you finish especially with this light schedule

Goodness gracious, no one is taking this seriously. We're just having some fun with it. You must really be fun at parties

11/21/2019 8:31 am  #8

Thank you Duq81 pretty obvious my friend. Millennials 🤷‍♂️🤔

11/21/2019 11:30 am  #9

Ironduke81 wrote:

Thank you Duq81 pretty obvious my friend. Millennials 🤷‍♂️🤔

When you've been down as long as we have, it's fun to see anything that's positive about the direction of the program. If we keep winning, we'll keep climbing on these lists.

11/25/2019 8:47 am  #10

Duquesne has moved up to 4th in the a10 in Kenpom, 82nd in the nation, only 1 spot behind 💩

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/25/2019 8:59 am  #11

Godukes2017 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

You realize it’s November right? Let’s celebrate rankings in March. This is our problems as fans. Not how we start it’s how you finish especially with this light schedule

So do you go around telling kids there's no Santa Claus too?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/25/2019 9:48 am  #12

Wait....its November?  

11/25/2019 10:40 am  #13

11/25/2019 10:53 am  #14

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Sonny Moore, top 50

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/m-basket.htm

So nice to see the name Duquesne among the big dogs instead of with a bunch of no name schools. We're 28th on this list. http://jeffbihl.com/bwin.html

11/25/2019 2:07 pm  #15

Really sad that due to the construction amongst other reasons the Dukes have a schedule with no P5 opponents. Having a schedule in the 300 area may cost us. Still a long way off and great feeling to enjoy what we have accomplished!!

Last edited by The Dome (11/25/2019 2:08 pm)

11/25/2019 3:31 pm  #16

The Dome wrote:

Really sad that due to the construction amongst other reasons the Dukes have a schedule with no P5 opponents. Having a schedule in the 300 area may cost us. Still a long way off and great feeling to enjoy what we have accomplished!!

I don't think construction has anything to do with P5 opponents. It's not like any P5 teams are coming here, and if they were, they would demand that the game be at PPG. No one really expects us to be in the mix for a bid, and for us to reach that point, we need to go no worse than 11-1 ooc. The bad schedule will really only hurt us if we lose games. I doubt we can get a bid with anything less than 11-1 ooc, and probably 14-4 in the A10, with at least one win in Brooklyn. Even next year, scheduling will be tricky. KD really doesn't want to go on the road vs solid mid majors, and most of those aren't coming to Duquesne without a return game, and any that do will expect a significant payday. They really need to do well enough this year, to attract an invite to one of the major early season tournaments next fall. This is how you'll get a shot at some very good teams, and on a neutral court to boot. Junkanoo Jam type events won't cut it for a team aspiring to rise into the top 40. Then, when you do go on the road, do you try to play a powerhouse, which will likely be a loss, but will boost your sos, or do you try to play a P5 afterthought, which will offer less of an sos boost, but will actually give you a chance to win? This might be where you would be willing to do a home and home against an American, or good MVC team. The thing with the MWC will help. Avoid playing any games against absolute dogs, which they did try to do this year.
Looking at this year's schedule, it's not nearly as bad as you think. It's basically teams between 100 and 250, which while it offers no chance for big wins, also isn't really going to be a sos anchor. VMI is the only team on it that is really below the line. Root for those teams to do well the rest of the year.

11/25/2019 5:29 pm  #17

Love this one!!! I'll take these results right now!!!

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/team-predict-schedule?team=Duquesne

11/25/2019 6:08 pm  #18

I don't know about that projected record but
the Dukes are 29th in scoring defense at 58.6 ppg
That puts them ahead of Michigan St and Gonzaga.
If the scoring defense stays consistent they do have a 
good chance at a very good record.

11/25/2019 8:07 pm  #19

11/25/2019 8:36 pm  #20

No, not crazy, but rather as it always should have been.

11/25/2019 8:49 pm  #21

I’m think that the gentleman is drinking a bit too much of the product.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (11/25/2019 8:54 pm)

11/25/2019 10:27 pm  #22

This is a list of the unbeaten teams left. There are 43 listed, 2 of which lost today. When this list gets down to around 13-14 teams, if the Dukes are still unbeaten, I expect they'll start to get votes in the AP, and the Coach's polls. They may have to stay unbeaten through the Davidson game to actually be ranked though. It's a long and unlikely path, but we're still alive.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-01-16/these-are-remaining-undefeated-teams-college-basketball

11/29/2019 11:09 am  #23

This is all fun for us to fantasize about. 

Dukes need to pick up some decent attendance when they start the PPG games to make it a real home court advantage. 

They’ll need it to even come close to some of these predictions.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/29/2019 11:28 am  #24

coffee wrote:

This is all fun for us to fantasize about.

Dukes need to pick up some decent attendance when they start the PPG games to make it a real home court advantage.

They’ll need it to even come close to some of these predictions.

It's unfortunate that they're playing Fordham at PPG. They won't draw flies for that game. LaSalle, and GW wouldn't fill half of Palumbo, so you know PPG will be empty. These are 3 of the worst teams in the A10. Dayton is another story though. If Dayton is ranked, and the Dukes only have 2-3 losses, I think that game will create enough of a buzz to draw a nice crowd. Dayton will bring a ton of folks as well. The athletic department will need to step up to the plate and run ads on the Fan, and ESPN radio as the game draws near. Provided both teams continue their strong play, I'll be disappointed if we draw less than 7,000. I would guess that facility availability is the reason why 3 dog games are at PPG, while more attractive games like St. Louis, Bona, and Davidson are at Robert Morris.

You are right about how much fun this is. Since the wheels fell off during Mike Rice's last season, we have had a grand total of 6 seasons that were promising enough at some point to really get us excited. Those would be 94, 08, 09, 11, 16, and last year, so yes, we're enjoying the hell out of this!!

11/30/2019 7:17 am  #25

We're down to 22 undefeated teams!!

Board footera