Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2019 8:42 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Indiana State Sycamores

Winner winner!    Clutch FTs by Miller.

11/21/2019 8:44 pm  #27

Whew, that was close.

Duquesne needs to come out ready to play from the opening tip.  Dukes win this one comfortably if they did that tonight. 

Going to get burned one of these days if we don't get that corrected.

11/21/2019 8:46 pm  #28

Austin and Carry 15-16 free throws pulled that one out.

11/21/2019 8:46 pm  #29

Oh My - Great Job - way to pull it out!
Steele - 20 pts
Carry - 15 pts
Austin - 13 pts
Hughes - 1 point and fouled out

11/21/2019 8:48 pm  #30

Very nice win for the Dukes! We need to stop digging 10-15 point holes every game after 8 minutes.

11/21/2019 8:50 pm  #31

S.R.M. wrote:

Very nice win for the Dukes! We need to stop digging 10-15 point holes every game after 8 minutes.

Couldn't agree more.  We play even a marginally better team then tonight and spot them that kind of margin and the losses are going to mount up.

11/21/2019 8:55 pm  #32

If you watched the game, you would have seen 3 of Hughes fouls were phantom. The last one, an offensive foul, was a no call and could have been called a flop on the defender. Credit to the rest of the team for grinding this one out. Lots of heroes in this W.

11/21/2019 9:00 pm  #33

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

If you watched the game, you would have seen 3 of Hughes fouls were phantom. The last one, an offensive foul, was a no call and could have been called a flop on the defender. Credit to the rest of the team for grinding this one out. Lots of heroes in this W.

Yeah even the IS radio color announcer thought a couple of them were suspect.

11/21/2019 9:01 pm  #34

We had em all the way!!  Well, maybe just at the end. But, a win is a win.  It's nice to see the Dukes winning these close ones. 

I listened to the Sycamore's broadcast here in Indiana, and they were disappointed - feeling this was the best effort by Indy State this year.  Hopefully, we continue to build from these experiences.

11/21/2019 9:01 pm  #35

After getting all the games on ESPN Plus I found I couldn't listen to the radio broadcast. I got too nervous. Just checked in every 5 minutes to see how it was going. I imagine if we were winning I wouldn't of had that problem.

11/21/2019 9:02 pm  #36

Can't complain too much about the refs. They called it close both ways, and we shot 32 free throws. Great to see such good free throw shooting. Good free throw shooting can really make a difference in the win total. This is a loss if we shoot poorly from the line.

11/21/2019 9:03 pm  #37

Dukes led in the game 3:38 minutes  
Another mediocre shooting game-39%
Beat them on 3 shooting
Dukes made enough plays at the right time to win
Hopefully, the next two games won't be heart stoppers.

11/21/2019 9:05 pm  #38

In the other game Loyola Marymount beat Air Force 78-64.

4-0 is a heck of a lot better than 3-1 --  KEEP IT GOING GUYS!!!

11/21/2019 9:07 pm  #39

Noticeably absent was Mike hughes n marcus weathers. I think the ultimate success of the season depends on consistent performance from these 2 guys.

11/21/2019 9:15 pm  #40

Hope about stats? Anybody finding that anywhere?

11/21/2019 9:17 pm  #41

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Noticeably absent was Mike hughes n marcus weathers. I think the ultimate success of the season depends on consistent performance from these 2 guys.

Weathers struggled offensively, but he had 9 badly needed rebounds. TDM has regressed, and I think he may be playing too much. He's shooting an awful 25% from the floor. That's worse than Frankie shot last year, and we know how he struggled. What a great pickup Baylee looks like!! 9 boards for Maceo!!

11/21/2019 9:21 pm  #42

This team has a lot of fight in them. 

11/21/2019 9:27 pm  #43

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Hope about stats? Anybody finding that anywhere?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401170138

Last edited by duquesnegraddad (11/21/2019 9:29 pm)

11/21/2019 9:37 pm  #44

No complaint from me regarding the refs favoring one team or another.  They, particularly the tall ref, were whistle happy.  Dambrot was not happy, but he kept his composure; I'm guessing that there are 6 refs working the tourney and we will see these guys again later this weekend.

Dukes were 13-14 from the line in the last 5:32 of this game.  Sin 4-4; Maceo 6-6 and Ashton 3-4.  That's how you win tight basketball games.

Here are the official stats:
https://junkanoo.sidearmstats.com/sidearmstats/mbball/play-by-play

11/21/2019 9:41 pm  #45

Also, the good news is that Mike Hughes will be fresh for the Air Force game. 

11/21/2019 9:44 pm  #46

If i saw correctly, Maceo had 9 rebounds....nice

11/21/2019 10:01 pm  #47

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

No complaint from me regarding the refs favoring one team or another.  They, particularly the tall ref, were whistle happy.  Dambrot was not happy, but he kept his composure; I'm guessing that there are 6 refs working the tourney and we will see these guys again later this weekend.

Dukes were 13-14 from the line in the last 5:32 of this game.  Sin 4-4; Maceo 6-6 and Ashton 3-4.  That's how you win tight basketball games.

Thx.
Any idea what the calc for “Usage Percentage” means?

The site had -
TDM @ 23.71
Weathers @ 21.83
Carry @ 21.77
Steele @ 20.62

11/21/2019 10:02 pm  #48

All 3 of these refs haven't worked a lot of games this year (3 or 4).  Seem to be based out of the Southwest or West; doing games in New Mexico, Utah, California, etc.  All 3 worked the Junkanoo last year, which by the way, Air Force was a participant.  Their style and calls made it a very choppy game for both teams.

11/21/2019 10:08 pm  #49

Box & One wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thx.
Any idea what the calc for “Usage Percentage” means?

The site had -
TDM @ 23.71
Weathers @ 21.83
Carry @ 21.77
Steele @ 20.62

It's the percentage of team plays used by a player.  Out of the total number of team possessions, what percentage of these possessions involved the player taking a shot (FGA), getting to the foul line (calculated number as FTA * 0,44) or turning the ball over.   

11/22/2019 7:53 am  #50

Board footera