Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2019 11:36 am  #1

City Game

I figured I would start a City Game thread with my piece here. Content on the injuries, adjustments and even a thought on how Duquesne will play against Pitt. https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/11/23/duquesne-wbb-overcoming-injuries-inexperience/

11/23/2019 3:21 pm  #2

Re: City Game

Through 3 quarter's, I think were in a good place. Amaya Hamilton with 17 points in 17 minutes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/23/2019 3:38 pm  #3

Total domination this far.

11/23/2019 3:55 pm  #4

Final 81-62.    Amaya Hamilton is a Star. 

Last year an expert of this board said last year was the last chance we would have of beating them for a long time.

11/23/2019 5:02 pm  #5

WOW!!!!

Awesome job by the ladies!!!!!

11/23/2019 5:10 pm  #6

Key to this season is Nina staying healthy.   Totally different with her.

11/23/2019 5:12 pm  #7

That was a great win!  As fine a performance as you could hope for.  We may have lost some great players and over 5,000 points from last year's team but from what I'm seeing so far we have a better team this season.

11/23/2019 5:20 pm  #8

Hail to Burt!

Dukes beat Pittsburgh at their own game. Out ran them and the shooting was the difference. Played together and played with an edge.

Fun to watch. Hail to the Dukes!

11/23/2019 5:31 pm  #9

This team is officially on a roll!

11/23/2019 5:52 pm  #10

VBC wrote:

That was a great win!  As fine a performance as you could hope for.  We may have lost some great players and over 5,000 points from last year's team but from what I'm seeing so far we have a better team this season.

Totally agree.   Maybe last year the seniors were just sick of each other at the beginning of the season.   This team has a good mix of leadership and youth and is going to be much more competitive in the A10 than thought.   

Thankfully the A10 women are improving.   The top 10 will be really competitive.

11/23/2019 7:27 pm  #11

Anyone think this group may be more coachable?

11/23/2019 7:52 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

I loved  all the seniors from last year and their contributions.   But their definitely were strong personalities last year that seemed to butt heads and not in a good way in the first half of the season. 

They bought in for 3 years and then the last half of last year. 

So maybe this team is better at listening then last years early season team.  But the seniors didn’t get where they were without listening to coaching for most of their careers.

11/23/2019 7:52 pm  #13

duq81 wrote:

I do and I'm not the only one.  

Board footera