Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2019 10:40 pm  #1

Game Thread - Loyola Marymount Lions

6:30pm EST tip on Sunday 11/24/2019 at the Gateway Christian Academy, Bimini, Bahamas
Per KenPom:
Dukes #94 (5-0) vs Loyola Marymount Lions #187 (2-3; 1-3 vs. D-1)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 6, 67-61 - Dukes with 71% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 7½ point favorites; Over/Under 129
Duquesne 2-3 Against the Spread: Loyola Marymount 2-2 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Indiana State (145); Air Force (203); Lipscomb (210)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): N/A
Loyola Marymount Best Win(s): Air Force (203)
Loyola Marymount Worst Loss(es): Indiana St. (145); Colorado St. (146)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Loyola Marymount for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Effective FG% (50)
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (281)
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  FT Rate (344); Effective FG % (284); Turnover % (269)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 353 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Turnover % (72); Effective FG % (95)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (26); Turnover % (52); Effective FG% (86)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Loyola Marymount Adj Offense Efficiency - 98.9, #170 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 93.7, #78 in D-1
Loyola Marymount Adj Defense Efficiency - 100.7, #203 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 101.1, #124 in D-1
Loyola Marymount Adj Tempo - 64.7, #341 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 69.5, #188 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Loyola Marymount 1.12 yrs, #324 in D-1; Dukes 1.40 yrs, #263 in D-1
Minutes Continuity - Loyola Marymount 19.2%, #339 in D-1; Dukes 53.1%, #115 in D-1
Average Height - Loyola Marymount 78.0", #36 in D-1; Dukes 76.1", #286 in D-1

11/23/2019 11:28 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - Loyola Marymount Lions

Just want to see (a) TDM get into a groove and (b) the Dukes put together a solid 40.

11/23/2019 11:31 pm  #3

Face wrote:

Just want to see (a) TDM get into a groove and (b) the Dukes put together a solid 40.

I want to see him put back into his old role. He's really not getting it done as a starter. 21% from the floor is killing us, especially since he tends to shoot with no conscious.

11/24/2019 10:09 am  #4

Based on those efficiency stats, it would appear we match up well with Loyola. Hope it pans out and we run away with it

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/24/2019 10:10 am  #5

Agree on TDM - there are some players that are better off of the bench and he might be one.  I think tonight will be dependent on coaching.  How is the coach getting the team up for this 3rd game and have them focused.

BTW - Loyola is a  tough team...also a big team.  Go Dukes!

11/24/2019 11:20 am  #6

TDM is struggling a little right now, but he needs to stay positive because the kid can shoot, and we need him.  We all saw what he did against GW last year when he gets hot.  Keep shooting TDM you got this!  

11/24/2019 11:42 am  #7

CLK wrote:

TDM is struggling a little right now, but he needs to stay positive because the kid can shoot, and we need him.  We all saw what he did against GW last year when he gets hot.  Keep shooting TDM you got this!  

You're much more confident than I am. He shot 36.4% from the field last year, which is well below what you'd like, but far better than the 21% he's shooting now. We have options, both Miller, and Norman are shooting 38.5%. KD eventually stopped sending Wade out there when he was shooting a similar percentage, and was willing to reduce the role of Mike Lewis, who was much more of a key player than TDM, when he struggled. You have to think it's getting close to do or die time for TDM. Today would be a good time for him to start doing! I still think he'll do better coming off the bench.

11/24/2019 12:21 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

You're much more confident than I am. He shot 36.4% from the field last year, which is well below what you'd like, but far better than the 21% he's shooting now. We have options, both Miller, and Norman are shooting 38.5%. KD eventually stopped sending Wade out there when he was shooting a similar percentage, and was willing to reduce the role of Mike Lewis, who was much more of a key player than TDM, when he struggled. You have to think it's getting close to do or die time for TDM. Today would be a good time for him to start doing! I still think he'll do better coming off the bench.

If you are looking at consistency on both ends of the court, Ashton Miller is moving up the charts. KD already trusts him defensively at the end of games. I think the lack of trust defensively is hindering Lamar’s playing time. And the lack of consistent shooting is going to put TDM back to his 6th man role, which I think will serve the team best. That spark off the bench won the Dukes some games last year.

11/24/2019 12:28 pm  #9

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

You're much more confident than I am. 

Yes I am.

11/24/2019 12:50 pm  #10

He's been a streaky shooter and he's due for a hot streak. If it doesn't happen in the next say 3 games I'm ready for an adjustment. If Steele keeps coming off the bench we  probably have A-10 6th man  again.

11/24/2019 12:59 pm  #11

WashPaRick wrote:

He's been a streaky shooter and he's due for a hot streak. If it doesn't happen in the next say 3 games I'm ready for an adjustment. If Steele keeps coming off the bench we  probably have A-10 6th man  again.

Steele is easily the best grad transfer we've had. Very good get for KD.

11/24/2019 1:24 pm  #12

I'm with CLK as far as TDM goes, but production has to begin soon.  TDM works as hard as anyone could ask but the ball has to start going in the basket.  Is the 6th man role a better fit for him?  Maybe so, but I think we'll see him starting tonight and against VMI.  If he doesn't have a hot hand in one of those games I think a change will be made.

To PR2's comment about Ashton Miller, he's moving up my chart also.  I'm really liking what I'm seeing from him.He looks like he may be ready to blossom into a big talent.  If he gets hot in the next couple of games he may just force his way into the starting lineup.  

Our backcourt talent has gotten strong very quickly and we've got a couple of more guards coming in next year.  That bodes very well for the future of this team.  I really like where we are headed and I think we're going to get there a lot faster than many of the rest of you realize at this point in time.  

Speaking of the backcourt, duq81, I know you're concerned about the amount of time that Sincere Carry has been on the floor but that isn't bothering me.  Sin is one strong young man.  He says he isn't feeling any discomfort in his knees and his stamina is superior to almost anyone else.  I could see him playing 40 minutes or more in close games.  I won't be surprised if he averages over 35 minutes a game this season.  But if he does need rest I'm sure Keith will give it to him.  My hope is that we can put some opponents away early to give the other guards time to develop at the point, but if Sin is needed on the floor I think he has the strength and stamina to be out there.

11/24/2019 4:49 pm  #13

11/24/2019 5:35 pm  #14

I'm concerned about the minutes Sincere is playing at this early stage...yes, he said that his knees are feeling great.  So I ask, what do you think the % is of the number of NCAA Division I basketball players that will say my knees still hurt, that operation went okay, but not as well as I wanted...don't play me as much... Coach D. needs to not play him as much now if he wants him to be there at the end of the season.  He had operations/procedures on his knees because they were a problem...they didn't all of a sudden get perfect.  

Last edited by FAM (11/24/2019 5:37 pm)

11/24/2019 6:34 pm  #15

Down 9 to zip. No 40 good minutes today.

11/24/2019 6:36 pm  #16

Brutal start....I have faith we can turn this around though.  

11/24/2019 6:38 pm  #17

Got our 1st stop on their 7th time down the court.

11/24/2019 6:39 pm  #18

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Brutal start....I have faith we can turn this around though.  

Mine's slippin.

11/24/2019 6:56 pm  #19

Why is Weathers throwing up 3's when he's 0 for the season?

11/24/2019 7:05 pm  #20

Another good comeback.

11/24/2019 7:14 pm  #21

This Loyola halftime show is......something 

11/24/2019 7:16 pm  #22

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Sounds like you're taking your mother's advice...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

11/24/2019 7:21 pm  #23

luckymcd wrote:

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Sounds like you're taking your mother's advice...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

yeah,yeah,yeah

11/24/2019 7:33 pm  #24

For a fellow professional to just say that halftime show was something was an impressive show of restraint. That was awful!

11/24/2019 7:38 pm  #25

Their play by play guy is doing a pretty great job though.  I think that's what made the halftime show standout a bit more.  

Board footera