Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2019 7:46 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Loyola Marymount Lions

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Their play by play guy is doing a pretty great job though.  I think that's what made the halftime show standout a bit more.  

The guy is pretty cool, lamenting some bad shooting by the Lions, but not crying like some would do.

11/24/2019 7:51 pm  #27

Dukes are grooving right now. Shooting 50% with 5 offensive rebounds on only 8 missed in the 2nd half is efficient af

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/24/2019 7:53 pm  #28

TDM 4 point play ™️. Perhaps this will get him rolling.

I'm noticing on the radio broadcast how loud the Dukes contingent sounds

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/24/2019 7:59 pm  #29

Hard to tell if we're playing good defense or they're missing open shots. 

11/24/2019 8:04 pm  #30

WashPaRick wrote:

Hard to tell if we're playing good defense or they're missing open shots. 

It has sounded mostly of open misses. Still, the game opened with them missing nothing.

11/24/2019 8:04 pm  #31

Gus is here.

11/24/2019 8:06 pm  #32

Sounds like we have some fans down there.

11/24/2019 8:07 pm  #33

If the 3s keep falling like this the Dukes will be tough for any team to beat this year.

11/24/2019 8:10 pm  #34

Lookin 4 Ellis to throw up a 3.

11/24/2019 8:16 pm  #35

Caleb Davis hit one.  :-)

Still undefeated!

11/24/2019 8:20 pm  #36

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Caleb Davis hit one.  :-)

Still undefeated!

And Davis is still perfect from the floor!

11/24/2019 8:32 pm  #37

I’m impressed.  Norman had a nice tourney.   Big points off the bench.   I’m not one to look ahead, VMI is most important, but December isnt exactly murderers row of a schedule.   A10 is gonna be tough, so gotta stack those Ws.

11/24/2019 8:41 pm  #38

My observations watching all 3 games from Flo Sports. Eric Who?

11/24/2019 9:06 pm  #39

Ironduke81 wrote:

My observations watching all 3 games from Flo Sports. Eric Who?

Eric did not play D.  You don't need D-1 players that just get into scoring position and get the glory, you need D-1 players that stop the opponent from getting a descent shot.  Play real D-1 defense and win. Go Dukes!!!!     

11/24/2019 10:21 pm  #40

2019 ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
AJ Walker - Air Force
Eli Scott - Loyola Marymount
Jordan Barnes - Indiana State
Michael Hughes - Duquesne
Sincere Carry - Duquesne (MVP)

11/24/2019 10:28 pm  #41

Man, where is everybody. We just go 3-0 to win the Tournament, going to 6-0 and there is no life on this board!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/24/2019 10:37 pm  #42

To me, the real difference is the defense. Keith came into this year really stressing this and right now the team is delivering. We have a chance to start to build some incredible momentum. 1 at a time but winning the next 2 in convincing fashion may get our big guns some much needed rest. We will be off until next Wednesday as well. Crushing those two teams plus this nice break could really propel us and recharge our depth.

11/24/2019 10:49 pm  #43

The 3s will come and go. Itll be frustrating at times but it's the nature of the beast. It's extremely helpful when a bunch of players are feeling it like tonight where 5 players drilled at least 2 3s.

The defense seems to be a recurring theme. All these steals and a bunch of blocks in the backcourt and the pour outside shooting have been a recurring theme. Thatll do damage in league play

Go Dukes

11/24/2019 11:03 pm  #44

yak-rbc wrote:

The 3s will come and go. Itll be frustrating at times but it's the nature of the beast. It's extremely helpful when a bunch of players are feeling it like tonight where 5 players drilled at least 2 3s.

The defense seems to be a recurring theme. All these steals and a bunch of blocks in the backcourt and the pour outside shooting have been a recurring theme. Thatll do damage in league play

Go Dukes

It's the new LMTM (let's make them miss) defense!

11/24/2019 11:27 pm  #45

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Man, where is everybody. We just go 3-0 to win the Tournament, going to 6-0 and there is no life on this board!

Was conversing on reddit Dukes getting a little visibility!

11/25/2019 12:01 am  #46

townsonkid wrote:

I’m impressed. Norman had a nice tourney. Big points off the bench. I’m not one to look ahead, VMI is most important, but December isnt exactly murderers row of a schedule. A10 is gonna be tough, so gotta stack those Ws.

I'm not going to count our chickens before they hatch either, but we really should get to 10-0. The last time we did that was 1954, when we reached #1 before our first loss.

11/25/2019 12:32 am  #47

A top 15 program loaded with 5-stars & potential lottery picks thought enough of his game to bring him in with only 2 years of eligibility left. His exceptional for his position defensive rebounding rate alone makes him at least an average defender at this level.

Please stop with this. Eric has been gone for 6 + months. He didn't hurt or embarrass DU. Things just didn't work out.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. However, celebrating a nice, little tournament title & a 6-0 start makes a lot more sense than pointing out the perceived shortcomings of a 19-year-old that is no longer a factor in the program.   

Also, it is very exciting to see the incremental improvements from one game to the next. Yes, momentum is in our favor & high confidence always works wonders but, the team is also doing a bunch of things a bit better with each outing.

Last edited by phil95 (11/25/2019 12:38 am)

11/25/2019 1:44 am  #48

phil95 wrote:

A top 15 program loaded with 5-stars & potential lottery picks thought enough of his game to bring him in with only 2 years of eligibility left. His exceptional for his position defensive rebounding rate alone makes him at least an average defender at this level.

Please stop with this. Eric has been gone for 6 + months. He didn't hurt or embarrass DU. Things just didn't work out.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. However, celebrating a nice, little tournament title & a 6-0 start makes a lot more sense than pointing out the perceived shortcomings of a 19-year-old that is no longer a factor in the program.   

Also, it is very exciting to see the incremental improvements from one game to the next. Yes, momentum is in our favor & high confidence always works wonders but, the team is also doing a bunch of things a bit better with each outing.

We get it. But when a kid that has every reason to stay here, leaves our program, we tend to get a little ticked off. Looking at the box scores for Oregon, he seems to be on the bench with no minutes played?  Is he hurt or something else?

11/25/2019 2:26 am  #49

phil95 wrote:

So you are OK berating Weathers, who is with the program, and the coach but someone who left the program is off limits??  I will not say anything regarding William but you can look back on my previous comments about his strengths and weaknesses. Count me as one who is glad he is getting an opportunity with a top 15 program. I hope he makes the best of that opportunity.

11/25/2019 2:41 am  #50

NapaDuke wrote:

phil95 wrote:

We get it. But when a kid that has every reason to stay here, leaves our program, we tend to get a little ticked off. Looking at the box scores for Oregon, he seems to be on the bench with no minutes played?  Is he hurt or something else?

He is required to sit out a year. I think tgat will benefit him. Watch and learn.

Board footera