Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 8:59 pm  #1

Nice League Results

Today was a great day for the A10. #20 VCU easily wins again to go to 6-0. Dayton downs Tom Crean’s talented Georgia team in the most high profile early season tourney in the country to go to 4-0. Saw the end of the Richmond Wisconsin game and they looked really strong in a huge win in Brooklyn to go to 5-0. Golden and the guards are really good.

And the Dukes find themselves 6-0 and starting to garner some acclaim/attention. Been some rough results in the league to date but the top 4 are looking mighty strong out of the gate!

11/25/2019 9:09 pm  #2

Re: Nice League Results

I didn’t predict a 6-0 start.

I thought the combination of no home court & the building team chemistry would account for at least 2 losses in November.

Love the Hustle defense this team is playing & creating opptys on the break.
No quit.

This is fun.   Can’t wait until Dec 4th & VMI .... get some revenge from 1977!

Happy Thanksgiving All.

11/26/2019 8:54 am  #3

The A-10 has 6 teams in the Kenpom top 100!

#34 VCU
#38 Dayton
#69 Davidson
#82 Richmond
#83 Duquesne
#90 Rhode Island

11/26/2019 8:58 am  #4

I'm keeping track of Kenpom rankings of the Atlantic 10 throughout the season and how it will change for each team. So far an Atlantic 10 team has improved an average of 8 spots since the beginning of the year, with big improvements of at least 20 spots by UMass, Duquesne, Saint Louis, and Dayton

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

11/26/2019 4:12 pm  #5

yak-rbc wrote:

I'm keeping track of Kenpom rankings of the Atlantic 10 throughout the season and how it will change for each team. So far an Atlantic 10 team has improved an average of 8 spots since the beginning of the year, with big improvements of at least 20 spots by UMass, Duquesne, Saint Louis, and Dayton

The big disappointment is Bona, who has been damaged by injuries.

11/26/2019 8:43 pm  #6

Dayton looks very, very good right now. The A-10 is much improved this year.

11/27/2019 7:45 am  #7

I watched Dayton last night also - they didn’t just look very good - they looked like a top 20 team.  They were beastly.

11/27/2019 9:39 am  #8

FAM wrote:

I watched Dayton last night also - they didn’t just look very good - they looked like a top 20 team.  They were beastly.

If you listened to Jay Bilas last night he almost wanted to say that Dayton was right there for best team in the country.  I dont see a dominant team this year. Perhaps this is a year where the stars align for someone like UD to get to the final-4.

11/27/2019 11:59 am  #9

A10 a respectable 8-10 against the Power 5 and Big East plus a St. Joe's road win against UConn. Current Top 7 teams in the conference, including Duquesne, are 6-3 against Power 5 and Big East and 28-0 against everyone else. 

11/27/2019 12:49 pm  #10

Box & One wrote:

This is fun. 

I did.  I'm predicting us to win the first 17 with our first loss coming at URI.  We have a good coach who is teaching the team how to win.

We're going to the NCAA tournament this season.

This is fun and a lot more fun is on the way.

11/27/2019 1:44 pm  #11

VBC wrote:

Box & One wrote:

This is fun. 

I did.  I'm predicting us to win the first 17 with our first loss coming at URI.  We have a good coach who is teaching the team how to win.

As I posted on the Facebook page, game #20 is going to be fun. Provided we don't somehow fall apart before then, the game with Dayton will show the scaredy cats why you play the big games at PPG, and (to borrow a phrase once dismissively aimed at us by Jerome Lane), you play the "rinky-dinks" at the Coop. If you want to be big time, you have to act big time!

11/27/2019 7:12 pm  #12

Watching Dayton take #4 Kansas to OT in the Maui Final. Bilas has said he thinks they can make the final 4, beat anyone in the country, and that Toppin is a lottery pick.

Whatever happens in OT the A10 will have two ranked teams next week.

Last edited by Duques102 (11/27/2019 11:57 pm)

11/27/2019 7:49 pm  #13

Wow. Kansas had to play a helluva game to hold off Dayton in OT.

11/28/2019 10:57 am  #14

VBC wrote:

Box & One wrote:

This is fun. 

From Eric Haslam, “The first rankings of the 2019-20 season at Haslametrics.com have been officially released!  Please remember that the season is still very young and the algorithm is still learning who each team is, so it's very natural to see some kooky numbers at this point in the year.”

Haslametrics uses a different statistical algorithm than KenPom; and I think it has respectable validity. Right now, he has the Dukes as #43 in the country and a #9 seed in the NCAA.

http://www.haslametrics.com/ratings.php

Board footera