Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2019 8:35 pm  #76

Re: Duquesne among the twenty remaining unbeaten teams in college hoops

Duques102 wrote:

SDSU plays a non D1 Wednesday, Auburn plays a pretty good NC State team Thursday (ESPN2), and Liberty plays Nakye Sanders and Towson Friday.

Nakye? Isn't he about 35 years old? It seems like he played here a decade ago, LOL!

12/20/2019 6:58 pm  #77

Liberty (13-0) beats Towson and faces--get this--Akron (9-2) in  a DC tourney championship Sat. at 330.

Last edited by MikeR (12/20/2019 7:24 pm)

12/20/2019 8:58 pm  #78

MikeR wrote:

Liberty (13-0) beats Towson and faces--get this--Akron (9-2) in  a DC tourney championship Sat. at 330.

Go Zips Go!!

12/21/2019 10:39 am  #79

duq81 wrote:

MikeR wrote:

Go Zips Go!!

Akron has played a tough schedule but is down 2 guards.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

12/21/2019 5:38 pm  #80

Liberty (14-0) doesn't blink. Over Akron 80-67. We got zip from the Zips. 

12/21/2019 5:59 pm  #81

Liberty's only tough game left is LSU.  They could run the table.

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

12/21/2019 6:13 pm  #82

coffee wrote:

Liberty's only tough game left is LSU. They could run the table.

Good for them. We will see them in the final four. LOL.

12/21/2019 6:48 pm  #83

coffee wrote:

They'll stumble in conference. Road games are tough in any league.

12/21/2019 7:19 pm  #84

duq81 wrote:

coffee wrote:

They'll stumble in conference. Road games are tough in any league.

I think one or two of Liberty's conference rivals will ambush them. But they are a tough, smart veteran team.   

12/21/2019 7:57 pm  #85

They have nobody in conference that is better than the weakest A 10 team.

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

12/21/2019 8:13 pm  #86

Man, these Aztec Tigers Flames just can't be put out.

12/21/2019 11:12 pm  #87

coffee wrote:

They have nobody in conference that is better than the weakest A 10 team.

Still, the road is tough, and you can be bitten even at home. St. Joe's is as bad as they've been in decades, but the beat UConn at UConn. It's hard to win every game, regardless of the opposition.

12/21/2019 11:18 pm  #88

I love my Dukes, but nothing really matters until we see them on jan 2 against st. Lou

12/21/2019 11:59 pm  #89

1111 Vickroy wrote:

I love my Dukes, but nothing really matters until we see them on jan 2 against st. Lou

Sure it matters, because this is gaining us priceless attention. You think the kids KD is recruiting don't notice? Of course they do. You better believe that the articles that are now being written, are being sent to recruits, and their parents, coaches, and handlers.

12/22/2019 8:29 am  #90

That’s very true ‘81; I heard Clark Kellog mention Duquesne, Liberty, Auburn and SDSU as the 4 remaining unbeaten teams on the CBS halftime show during the Kentucky vs Ohio St game.  You just can’t overstate the importance of that kind of National recognition!  I don’t recall Duquesne ever being mentioned on this kind of broadcast before!  After being lost in the basketball wilderness for 40-plus years this is huge for Duquesne!

12/22/2019 9:34 am  #91

Let me restate, St. Louis will be the first significant test, depending on what significant means

12/22/2019 10:04 am  #92

coffee wrote:

Kentucky lost to Evansville, Duke lost to Stephen F. Austin, North Carolina lost to Wofford, upsets happen. Of course that means Liberty could beat LSU, but it also means Liberty could lose in conference. There's a reason no one has gone undefeated in almost 50 years. Liberty doesn't look to be that kind of team.

duq81 wrote:

Sure it matters, because this is gaining us priceless attention. You think the kids KD is recruiting don't notice? Of course they do. You better believe that the articles that are now being written, are being sent to recruits, and their parents, coaches, and handlers.

You literally can't buy this kind of publicity. Every game an unbeaten team is playing in garners mention of Duquesne. The actual articles are all pumping up not just the program, but Dambrot and the new arena specifically. The players that were interested already will elevate us higher. Even some players who hadn't heard of Duquesne, or maybe didn't take the program seriously, will start to reconsider too. Maceo Austin was an absolute steal last year with the other programs that wanted him. If we can continue winning, those types of players will become the norm.

Last edited by luckymcd (12/22/2019 10:04 am)

12/22/2019 10:12 am  #93

levon1975 wrote:

That’s very true ‘81; I heard Clark Kellog mention Duquesne, Liberty, Auburn and SDSU as the 4 remaining unbeaten teams on the CBS halftime show during the Kentucky vs Ohio St game. You just can’t overstate the importance of that kind of National recognition! I don’t recall Duquesne ever being mentioned on this kind of broadcast before! After being lost in the basketball wilderness for 40-plus years this is huge for Duquesne!

I remember in 1994, Carroll's NIT year, the Dukes getting some love from Dick Vitale, towards the end of the A 10 season  "And watch out for Duquesene Babeeeeeee"  That's about it.

(Note: I realize some of the old guard still carry a grudge about Dickie V, but the man "is college basketball" so just be quiet)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/22/2019 7:59 pm  #94

No grudge against Dickie V. Norm Nixon beat his ranked Detroit team my freshman year, and I believe he was recruited as an advisor during one of our coach searches.

1/19/2020 10:51 am  #95

Well we've been down to one undefeated for awhile, San Diego State, but there are only five teams who are undefeated on the road still and the Dukes are one. Of course we've played fewer road games than anyone (only Texas A&M even ties us), but we've won them both. Let's keep it going on Wednesday in Rhode Island!

Board footera