Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2019 5:39 pm  #1

Akron

Out here on the West Coast, but following the Dukes and hoping the winning streak continues.

In a way, not having a home court this season may indeed be a (road warriors) mental benefit.  For me, keys to victory will be: 1) smart/aggressive play;  2) rebounding; 3) preventing dribble penetration to the hoop; 4) inside-outside ball movement; and 5) finding players who have less-contested/easier shots while limiting difficult shots.

Keep it rolling.

12/04/2019 10:48 am  #2

Re: Akron

6 assists on the first 7 made buckets. 3 for 3 from 3.

My sources tell me these are good things.

20-11 Dukes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/04/2019 11:44 am  #3

Cannon with a double-double after 22 played minutes.

Dukes 11 of 18 from deep. Dukes up 27 in the 3rd

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

12/04/2019 12:12 pm  #4

88-63 was the final - TEAM SHOT 56% from three point range!!!

WOW!!!!

Great Job by the Ladies!!!!

12/04/2019 12:50 pm  #5

Continuous improvement leads to positive results. Strong performances from two front-line players, good shooting percentages and few turnovers are typically good signs for a Duquesne team.

Six in a row. Congrats.

12/04/2019 7:00 pm  #6

I just finished listening to Akron HC Melissa Jackson's post-game interview and here was her analysis:

!) Duquesne's physicality bothered us; 2) They made an effort to get the ball into #13 (Laia), who is a very good post and then kicked (the ball) it out for open, uncontested shots; 3) Their transition game hurt us; 3) They boxed us out really well on the defensive board; 4) In an answer to a question, Coach Jackson offered kudos to Dan and his ability to recruit foreign players as well as local players; 5) We did not make them uncomfortable.

Sorry I didn't post the link here, but go to Akron's website and you can see/hear the entire post game interview.  A very encouraging assessment from an opposing coach on Duquesne's performance.

Board footera