Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2019 10:28 am  #1

Radford Game Location

The original schedule release says "Akron Firestone High School."  The schedule on our website says, "Ellet High School".

Are these the same places?  Trying to figure out whether I am going to this game and I noticed then when looking at it last night. 

12/09/2019 5:11 pm  #2

Re: Radford Game Location

Different schools, locations.

12/09/2019 9:24 pm  #3

Tim Benz said Ellet tonight on espn+.

12/10/2019 10:24 am  #4

Don’t let Radford’s record fool anyone.  In 17-18 they were 23-13 and went to the NCAA.  Last year they were 22-11.  They have a very good coach.  Will be another test...not that they all aren’t.  I also thought the game last night was the team’s best game.  One for the secret-not secret players I watched was Marcus.  He is a strong-heady player.  He works hard and knows what to do.  Go Dukes!

12/10/2019 4:25 pm  #5

FAM wrote:

Don’t let Radford’s record fool anyone.  In 17-18 they were 23-13 and went to the NCAA.  Last year they were 22-11.  They have a very good coach.  Will be another test...not that they all aren’t.  I also thought the game last night was the team’s best game.  One for the secret-not secret players I watched was Marcus.  He is a strong-heady player.  He works hard and knows what to do.  Go Dukes!

Radford lost their first game to Liberty by only 6. We are currently looking up at them and their 9 votes on the much discussed others receiving list, I also think this is no gimme.

12/10/2019 5:13 pm  #6

Radford doesn't look like anything special from their record thus far.   They have one guard Carlik Jones whom i believe played against us last year -- their highest scorer.  Donald Hicks - a point guard who appears to be ok.  The rest of their viable players are an assortment of transfers who don't seem to stand out.  This is a team the Dukes should be able to handle..  

12/10/2019 5:36 pm  #7

FAM wrote:

Weathers looks to have some pretty long arms. He gets the ball underneath he disappears in the crowd and then those long arms are heading toward the hoop for a lay up. His shot not getting blocked as much lately.

12/10/2019 7:36 pm  #8

WashPaRick wrote:

FAM wrote:

Weathers looks to have some pretty long arms. He gets the ball underneath he disappears in the crowd and then those long arms are heading toward the hoop for a lay up. His shot not getting blocked as much lately.

Weathers has certainly found his groove. Sticking to his core skills & strengths has yielded a bunch more positive results from a lot less complicated performance. The foul shooting thing alone is a very rare turn events. He has also been asked to pursue much more realistic outcomes. Adding Steele had really allowed Marcus to be his most effective tweener self.

12/11/2019 9:47 am  #9

Question on Game Location: not this one, but Robert Morris.  I saw that my season tix have a row and a seat.  Does anyone know if these seats have backs on them...unlike La Roche which were benches everywhere?  That will determine the “age limit” of who will go to the game with me.  Sounds crazy, but their game at Robet Morris is approximately 3 weeks away.

Last edited by FAM (12/11/2019 9:49 am)

12/11/2019 6:55 pm  #10

FAM wrote:

Question on Game Location: not this one, but Robert Morris.  I saw that my season tix have a row and a seat.  Does anyone know if these seats have backs on them...unlike La Roche which were benches everywhere?  That will determine the “age limit” of who will go to the game with me.  Sounds crazy, but their game at Robet Morris is approximately 3 weeks away.

Yes, I was there to see Bob Dylan last month.  All the seats have backs.

12/11/2019 8:09 pm  #11

VBC wrote:

FAM wrote:

How was the Dylan show this time around?

12/11/2019 8:14 pm  #12

levon1975 wrote:

VBC wrote:

FAM wrote:

How was the Dylan show this time around?

He was good, but that is disappointing in itself as he could always be great.  The mumbling was minimal as were the changes he made to the music.  I wish he would not try to fix what isn't broken.  

12/13/2019 4:01 pm  #13

Is the game at Ellet H.S ?
Not sure if I can go but just want to make sure.

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

12/13/2019 7:29 pm  #14

Ghost of Walter White wrote:

Is the game at Ellet H.S ?
Not sure if I can go but just want to make sure.

Yes.... Ellet. I think there was an issue with Firestone. Firestone is a nicer area for before and after.

Board footera