Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2019 5:03 pm  #1

DU 72 SFU 69

Laia Sole with a monster 36 points against a game SFU team.   Paige with 3 free huge free throws to send it to OT. After the Dukes went down by 11 with 8 minutes to play. 

Paige with two huge free throws to put game away in OT. 

The experts can pick apart the game.   It was an after finals game and a gritty win in a game they could not afford to lose.  Go Dukes.

12/15/2019 5:48 pm  #2

Re: DU 72 SFU 69

Agree with A83 about Sole and Canon.  Paige has the best RELEASE of the ball (among the Dukes) at the foul line.  When you think of the foul shots Laia missed, she would have scored over 40.

I would bet Coach Dan talked to the team about their poor defense against St. Francis who exploited the Dukes' man to man as too many players got easy or uncontested shots at the rim.  The zone worked slightly better but I wonder why Duquesne's perimeter players did not have their hands up- like they did against Cornell.

The other comparison I will make is that in the Cornell game, against a very physical team, the Duquesne players (defensively) played up in their faces, crouched, and were very responsive to Cornell's motion offfense.  St. Francis ran a poor man's version of a motion offense but often caught Duquesne flat-footed.  I'm hopeful that when the game film is reviewed, the coaches will point out the difference and get the players' attention.

I wonder if we might see a 3-2 zone somewhere down the line instead of a 2-3?

Coming from behind in the 4th quarter was admirable and remaining mentally tough against an inferior opponent is not the easiest thing to do.  Was this a 'trap' game?  Hopefully this was a good lesson about the importance of consistency, no matter who the opponent is.

9 in a row (no matter how it's done) is quite an accomplishment.  Congratulations to the Dukes!  Keep rolling!

12/15/2019 6:17 pm  #3

A finals week win. Defense was optional for both teams. Laia was a beast in the post. Still don’t understand SFU not doubling her. Paige clutch on the line. Nine in a row. Let’s get ten.

12/15/2019 7:09 pm  #4

There will probably be times when they play well and lose - so good to see one go in the win column on a day they did not play well.  9-2 is better than 8-3.  Hope they work it out before Friday night.

12/16/2019 12:09 am  #5

Dukes on a 9-game winning streak in pretty good company, matching the #1 team in the country (Stanford 9-0).

Not bad at all!

Board footera