Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2019 10:18 pm  #1

Another Comeback Win

Dukes again down double digits In the fourth quarter and comeback to win by three. Timely defense and really good leadership down the stretch. Very poor shooting put the Dukes in a hole, but an attacking mentality pulled it out.  Have to be impressed with Libby Bazelak who hits big shots and steals the ball right on time. Big crowd to honor the four Pittsburgh players on Kennesaw State’s team. They represented very well. Ten in a row! Yes, Dukes, yes!

Last edited by HookShot (12/20/2019 10:19 pm)

12/20/2019 11:52 pm  #2

Re: Another Comeback Win

I watched your team on espn1.  Duquesne played Kennesaw State's game for three quarters, then (once again like the St. Francis comeback), put their foot on the gas and dominated the fourth.

Kennesaw State's posts were superior to the Dukes' in terms of athleticism and skill sets, but Duquesne's perimeter players outplayed their guards.

The final stats were not available when I posted this, but (clearly), the most valuable player on the court was Libby Bazelak.  She does it all: score, pass, rebound; but most-importantly, do the little things that give Duquesne the edge at the end of the game.  

Oklahoma State will be a different challenge on Monday, but for now, time to celebrate! 10 in a row is quite an accomplishment for this very young team.  Congratulations!

12/21/2019 9:14 am  #3

Team shot 1-14 in the first half from 3 point range and remarkably was only down by 3.  Libby had 16 points 8 Rebounds and 2 Assists -  In the previous two games she had double/doubles -  How many POINT GUARDS DO THAT??

I've seen a little of Oklahoma State on the ESPN package that also enables us to watch Duquesne - they are probably the most athletic/talented team the ladies will play.

One small adjustment to Sperlman's post the Oklahoma State game is a week from Monday - December 30th - so the ladies have nine days to enjoy their 10-2 record.

Wishing all the hoopers/coaches and fans a Merry Christmas.

12/21/2019 1:40 pm  #4

Thanks Skeptical for the correction of the Oklahoma State game. Yes; a good time to enjoy this streak!

12/29/2019 2:07 pm  #5

I'm late to this party, but I made it to this game, & a few random thoughts on top of what others posted:

It was my first time seeing a game at LaRoche.  If you haven't been there yet, be forewarned that it's freezing in that gym.

If Libby was the #1 player on the court, then Amanda was #1A.  By the time they're done, they just might be known as one of the greatest guard tandems ever to play for the DU women.

Two wins in a row that were closer than they should have been on paper, but that's always been typical of this team of student-athletes during finals.  I expect that henceforth the pedal will be on the metal for the entire game.

Anybody else notice that Mike Lewis was in attendance?  Great to see that he still thinks of DU in that way.

12/30/2019 12:09 pm  #6

Does Mike still have eligibility?

12/31/2019 4:56 pm  #7

levon1975 wrote:

Does Mike still have eligibility?

Yeah, it's not like we're getting great production at his old spot.

Board footera