Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2020 11:33 am  #26

Re: Jett Roesing

Playing in those "Showcase" tournaments like the on in Damatha means playing against the best competition in the country.  First Love has some talent, but from what I could take from seeing one game is that they don't have the kind of talent to compare with teams like IMG, Montverde, Oak Hill, etc.; but it is great experience for the players to measure themselves against the best.  First Love also has a point guard that is signed with Richmond; and is a good player.  He controls the ball and was calling his own number a good bit in the game that I watched on You tube.   The Dukes need a reliable 3-point shooter, and I think Jett can certainly contribute in that role. His ball-handling looks to be good enough as a 2-guard.  The coaches must feel that he will be athletic enough to be able to hold his own on defense; or they wouldn't have offered him.  I did like the fact that he gets to the hoop and finishes occasionally.  He has good size, and gets his shot of quickly enough; so I think he can be a good addition to the Dukes.

2/28/2020 11:45 am  #27

Jett's athleticism & offensive game appear more well rounded as a senior in high school than Micah's did as a college sophomore. While it is unfair to expect Jett to shoot as well as Micah, he has a strong chance at being a very meaningful 20ish minute contributor to a much stronger program as a result of his measurables & shooting prowess. He projects to be the kind of 4 year contributor that this program has rarely featured

2/28/2020 11:52 am  #28

Jett's athleticism & offensive game appear more well rounded as a senior in high school than Micah's did as a college sophomore. While it is unfair to expect Jett to shoot as well as Micah, he has a strong chance at being a very meaningful 20ish minute contributor to a much stronger program as a result of his measurables & shooting prowess. He projects to be the kind of 4 year contributor that this program has rarely featured.

Board footera