Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2020 11:20 am  #1

GW

Team is playing now. So get an extended lunch break and listen to some children scream in DC.

Dukes up 28-20 after 1 quarter. Kalin with 9 and Bazelak with 8 to lead the way. Dukes shot 11 of 16 from the floor and had 9 assists to only 2 turnovers in the first quarter.

GW came out equally hot but the Dukes turned to a zone and that slowed them down just enough to get an 8 point cushion

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/08/2020 11:47 am  #2

Re: GW

Lead by 4 at the half. Defense is poor for both teams. In second quarter, the Dukes had a stretch of five straight turnovers. Go Dukes!

1/08/2020 12:49 pm  #3

After shooting 62% in the first half, the Dukes go 10 minutes without scoring and score 4 points in the fourth quarter to lose by 65-60. Just couldn’t put the ball in the hoop.

1/08/2020 12:55 pm  #4

Blech. No words

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/08/2020 1:10 pm  #5

Was rooting hard for your team to pull out a road win. They gave it a good effort.

Several factors contributed to the loss.  1) GW's aggressive zone created problems for the Dukes' perimeter players.  2) The GW post defenders on Laia prevented her from getting the ball in the position she likes best to do her work.  As a result, you saw Laia passing the ball back out to the guards.  3) Duquesne had multiple close-in shots in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but were unable to finish at the rim (with contact), or at least draw a foul and 4) the Dukes were settling for 3's rather than working the ball for mid-range shots.

The team plays hard but the margin for victory is narrow as long as they are committed to Matt's offensive schemes.

1/09/2020 9:49 am  #6

Libby played all 40 minutes - Amanda played 35 - perhaps a little fatigue caused them to miss some shots down the stretch they might otherwise have made.

BEAT LASALLE!!

1/10/2020 4:12 pm  #7

Two keys to the La Salle game: 1) Watch La Salle's post.  If she is not as athletic or aggressive as GW's post, then Laia has a good opportunity to get better position down low, which will typically result in more accurate close-in shots.  2) Laia's improved shot selection should free up the defense a bit. Hopefully there will be less pressure (defensively), allowing Duquesne's guards to get more uncontested 3-point shots.  

If those two things happen, I predict a Duquesne win tomorrow.

Board footera