Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2020 3:24 pm  #1

ESPN Scouting the Dukes as a Tournament Team

More good national attention for the Dukes.  Now if only the local radio and tv stations and newspapers notice!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28470356/espn+-week-11-college-basketball-viewers-guide-big-12-cinderellas-offer-early-scouting-ncaa-tournament

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

1/13/2020 3:48 pm  #2

Re: ESPN Scouting the Dukes as a Tournament Team

Actually, they have.  Dambrot was on KDKA 3 times last week.  This afternoon they were mentioned on the FAN as far as getting votes, and there have been multiple articles in the papers.  Believe me, I understand.  On Saturday, a caller complained to Pomp (93.7) that Duquesne has hardly ever gotten coverage.  He said, (which I agree with) that...that has been Duquesne's fault for not have a strong program and winning (I am paraphrasing).  I agree totally with that and it is a fact.

Last edited by FAM (1/13/2020 3:49 pm)

1/13/2020 3:53 pm  #3

coffee wrote:

More good national attention for the Dukes. Now if only the local radio and tv stations and newspapers notice!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28470356/espn+-week-11-college-basketball-viewers-guide-big-12-cinderellas-offer-early-scouting-ncaa-tournament

I'm hearing some mentions. Cracking the top 25 would really help. Penn St. and WVU winning doesn't help as they are taking up space and airtime that could go to us. As I've been saying, the litmus test will come when Dayton gets here. Obviously we can't lose to Fordham, but if we at least win one game in New England, we're going to be either 17-2, or 16-3 for Dayton. If they remain ranked, it will be the biggest regular season game for Duquesne since 1972. If there is no attention from the press, then you'll have a legit reason to complain. Secondly, if that game doesn't draw a crowd, it will sort of vindicate the lack of attention. No reason for the press to spend a lot of time on the Dukes if Pittsburgh doesn't care.
Akron looking good as well. Has to make KD happy that he left them in good shape.

1/21/2020 10:01 am  #4

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28517279/espn+-week-12-college-basketball-viewers-guide-dayton-obi-toppin-atlantic-10-get-top-billing

Duquesne's game at URI made this list again - this time as the 3rd highest need-to-watch game on the Plus this week behind UD-UR and Tech-TCU

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

1/21/2020 1:22 pm  #5

I'm back!   Miss me?.....dont answer that.

If we even split on the road, and come home to play a Dayton team that is getting national headlines, people will have to pay attention.  Pitt doesnt play that night, obviously the Pens arent in town.  RMU is on the road that night.   So, we have all the local coverage free to come and watch our game with UD.  Heck, PSU and WVU are off that night too.   The airwaves are cleared for takeoff!!!

1/21/2020 4:17 pm  #6

townsonkid wrote:

I'm back!   Miss me?.....dont answer that.

If we even split on the road, and come home to play a Dayton team that is getting national headlines, people will have to pay attention.  Pitt doesnt play that night, obviously the Pens arent in town.  RMU is on the road that night.   So, we have all the local coverage free to come and watch our game with UD.  Heck, PSU and WVU are off that night too.   The airwaves are cleared for takeoff!!!

This is absolutely right. Need to win at least one of these New England games, and the Dayton game will be the biggest regular season game here since Red Manning was coach.

Board footera