Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2020 9:27 pm  #1

Ladies Lost by 1

St. Louis hit a 3 pointer with 1.2  seconds to go -  Amaya was probably our best player tonight.

Would be nice to see them handle the Bonnies easily on Thursday Night.

1/26/2020 10:07 pm  #2

Re: Ladies Lost by 1

Actually was 3 - after DU failed to get an inbounds play with .1 seconds to go flicked it off - apparently they had time to commit one more foul.

1/27/2020 4:20 am  #3

After trailing for most of the game, the team rallied to take the lead and, honestly should have won this game. At the start of quarter 4, the Dukes were down 37-31. The team took a 41-37 lead with a five of Amaya, Laia, Paige, Amanda and Libby. They were playing well and with only a couple of minutes left, I would ask why a decision was made to substitute. The aggressive zone that was being played became smaller length- wise and  that seemed to hurt. I wonder if this did not disrupt some of the offensive continuity also. Basketball is a funny game that allows for second guessing. Sometimes, you roll with the flow. I think the substitution hurt. Still, with 8 seconds left, the Dukes had a one point lead with the ball in front of our bench in the front court. SLU only had two fouls, so they had to foul. I would ask the following questions: 1. Why is Libby inbounding the ball? She is recognized as our best all around talent. Should she not be out on the floor? 2. Why not take a chance and throw the ball into the backcourt? That would take two, three or more seconds off the clock. We ran two inbounds plays and take only 1.1 seconds off the clock. On the third inbounds play, SLU fouled before the ball comes in. We make 1 of two. They hit a 3 to go up 1. We now have a fourth inbounds with 1.2 seconds left and the question here is why did we not set up a play going to the basket? Even if the inbounds connected, there was no chance for a good shot because our player was coming toward the ball. 4 inbounds plays - No solid results - frustrating way to lose.

1/27/2020 12:11 pm  #4

Thanks for the rundown of the final seconds of the game; which must have lasted forever.  Fouling before the ball in inbounded should be controlled in some way with free throws and the ball. 
I was really hoping for a victory in this one to maintain momentum; but no luck.  I still have confidence that this team can get on a roll before it’s all over.

Board footera