Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2020 10:14 am  #1

Season tickets next year

Someone on the Duquesne Basketball Facebook group rec'd an email with info about Coop season ticket plans. Just wondering if anyone else has and could they share the info.

2/12/2020 10:33 am  #2

Re: Season tickets next year

Throughout the season many of you have asked questions both about the renovation and the return to UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse. On the renovation front, we have been blessed with a mild winter which, as of now, has kept construction on pace with the established timeline. In the last month, the shape of the building took form, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we anticipate that the masonry will start to be laid later this week – both significant milestones. You can never control the unforeseen, so we are especially pleased with the progress that has been made thus far.

Other than questions about the renovation progress, the next most frequent question I have received is the request for information about premium seating opportunities and season tickets for next season. As we have shared, the new facility will have an increased number of premium areas, each of which will present a distinctive experience – from traditional club-level seats to a more innovative experience in the “Fan Corners”. To learn more, I encourage you to visit our Premium Seating page (goduquesne.com/premiumseating) which comprehensively outlines the various options and details for both men’s and women’s basketball. As questions arise, please do not hesitate to reach out to Trevor Selby in the ticket office (412-396-3853).

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/12/2020 10:34 am  #3

That's most of the email and its regarding that progress is still on schedule on building the Coop as well as the link that shows you the seating chart for the first time

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/12/2020 10:42 am  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

That's most of the email and its regarding that progress is still on schedule on building the Coop as well as the link that shows you the seating chart for the first time

Thanks yak-rbc! 

2/12/2020 12:43 pm  #5

Disappointing that the Private Boxes are already sold for $35,000.  I was hoping to buy one!

2/12/2020 1:23 pm  #6

Yak im not  finding anything. My question is this, can you already buy tickets for next year?

2/12/2020 1:24 pm  #7

The phone number provided for Trevor in the letter (ticket office) is wrong.  The correct phone number is
412-232-3853.  If you call, ask for Trevor.  You can put a down payment (50%) on your previous season tickets seats now.

2/12/2020 1:30 pm  #8

Is the side with the new suites and club lounge, is that the Forbes Ave side(team benches in same place as before)?   I kinda like the Fan Corners tho.   

Sorry levon, I got 2 suites.  

Wait, sweets.   2 snickers bars more like it.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/12/2020 1:52 pm)

2/12/2020 3:30 pm  #9

townsonkid wrote:

Is the side with the new suites and club lounge, is that the Forbes Ave side(team benches in same place as before)? 

I would say from the seating chart and the artist conceptions it's the opposite side, but if Sections 102 and 103 are the former A7 and A8 and 109 and 110 are the former A3 and A2, then yes, that would put the suites and lounge on the Forbes Avenue side. This seating chart is laid out opposite from the old Palumbo Center seating chart. The Seitz/Vickroy side looks to remain mostly the same.

2/13/2020 10:05 am  #10

Yes the suites are on Forbes Avenue. I was just there yesterday - expect the opposite side above the team benches to be essentially the same.

2/13/2020 10:25 am  #11

I realized yesterday that I had received an email that had the information

2/13/2020 11:12 am  #12

Until at least the end of March only returning season ticket holders can "reserve" seats with a refundable 50% deposit from the premium seating areas inventory. Other seating areas have not been priced yet & cannot be reserved. No tickets are for sale yet.

Yesterday, I had to use a friend's returning season ticket holder status to put down a deposit on fan corner seats. They followed their published rules but were also very accommodating of my situation. It was easy & the service was quite good. The gent mentioned earlier in this thread answered the call.

Last edited by phil95 (2/13/2020 11:14 am)

2/13/2020 2:26 pm  #13

I’m glad the premium seating sold quickly.   But I’m puzzled by something.  How could the top three levels of premium seating be sold before an announcement was made to the public concerning the cost or that there was premium seating available? 

I don’t want to Complain for the sake of Complaining.  And I can’t afford those levels of premium seats.   But if three levels of premium seating sold out before even asking the public isn’t that a sign you may have underpriced the product?   

It seems like we went from “seat information coming soon” to “these seats are sold” without “if you are interested in premium seating, contact us.”

And if I’m paying $615 for a fan corner seat there best be ushers there to chase out someone buying a $15 GA ticket and sitting next to me.

Last edited by A83 (2/13/2020 2:37 pm)

2/13/2020 3:46 pm  #14

A83 wrote:

I’m glad the premium seating sold quickly. But I’m puzzled by something. How could the top three levels of premium seating be sold before an announcement was made to the public concerning the cost or that there was premium seating available?

I don’t want to Complain for the sake of Complaining. And I can’t afford those levels of premium seats. But if three levels of premium seating sold out before even asking the public isn’t that a sign you may have underpriced the product?

It seems like we went from “seat information coming soon” to “these seats are sold” without “if you are interested in premium seating, contact us.”

And if I’m paying $615 for a fan corner seat there best be ushers there to chase out someone buying a $15 GA ticket and sitting next to me.

The original announcement had almost every component with a name on it already. I have a feeling really firm commitments were already in hand for all the high dollar premium seats. Otherwise they wouldn't have been part of the original project.

2/13/2020 4:03 pm  #15

MikeR wrote:

A83 wrote:

I’m glad the premium seating sold quickly. But I’m puzzled by something. How could the top three levels of premium seating be sold before an announcement was made to the public concerning the cost or that there was premium seating available?

I don’t want to Complain for the sake of Complaining. And I can’t afford those levels of premium seats. But if three levels of premium seating sold out before even asking the public isn’t that a sign you may have underpriced the product?

The original announcement had almost every component with a name on it already. I have a feeling really firm commitments were already in hand for all the high dollar premium seats. Otherwise they wouldn't have been part of the original project.

It i$ thi$. The boxes are probably the corporations that funded the arena and the next 2 levels are the megadonors that also made the arena happen. They got those $weet $weet $eats before the public even saw they existed because of that

2/13/2020 4:32 pm  #16

Over a year ago I recall I spoke to Harper at a BB game about the renovation.
He told me that the plan called for four luxury boxes and that he had leases 
done for two of them.
I don't know about season ticket holders seating.  It is a small arena so viewing
should not be a problem.
In fact, I prefer the end zone. Closer to the action.

2/13/2020 5:08 pm  #17

Thanks all.   That all makes sense that those boxes were presold  before the project would take place. 

They are probably making as much revenue from the premium seats as they would for nearly the entire home OOC home schedule minus the Pitt game.

Last edited by A83 (2/13/2020 5:49 pm)

2/13/2020 8:05 pm  #18

phil95 wrote:

Until at least the end of March only returning season ticket holders can "reserve" seats with a refundable 50% deposit from the premium seating areas inventory. Other seating areas have not been priced yet & cannot be reserved. No tickets are for sale yet.

Yesterday, I had to use a friend's returning season ticket holder status to put down a deposit on fan corner seats. They followed their published rules but were also very accommodating of my situation. It was easy & the service was quite good. The gent mentioned earlier in this thread answered the call.

Phil, I spoke with a young lady today Kylie. I'm in A2 and she told me that I could only put down 50% on the new A2 equivalents. That you couldn't specifically reserve those fan corner seats or the new 200 level seats. She said everyone would be invited to come to the new arena sometime in Sept. to decide where they wanted to sit. Current season ticket holders get first preference.She did not know how that would happen. Will they go by the order in which you called? What if me and another season ticket holder in the same section decide we both want to move to a different section and want the same seats?? TBD I guess. Always confusion on the bluff.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/13/2020 10:20 pm  #19

Would the expectation be that after full season tickets are sold, that they would make the partial plans (6-10 games) available as in prior years?  Work and travel makes weekday games nearly impossible.

2/14/2020 1:00 am  #20

KenOTR73 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Phil, I spoke with a young lady today Kylie. I'm in A2 and she told me that I could only put down 50% on the new A2 equivalents. That you couldn't specifically reserve those fan corner seats or the new 200 level seats. She said everyone would be invited to come to the new arena sometime in Sept. to decide where they wanted to sit. Current season ticket holders get first preference.She did not know how that would happen. Will they go by the order in which you called? What if me and another season ticket holder in the same section decide we both want to move to a different section and want the same seats?? TBD I guess. Always confusion on the bluff.

I was so happy & impressed with my interaction yesterday. They most certainly took & charged my card for 50% of the cost of 3 fan corner seats. He did say we couldn't yet pick specific corners or seats.

I asked many questions & he gave fast, specific answers. My current season ticket holding friend had to call back with my card to complete the transaction. Even that complication was handled smoothly.

I sure hooe they don't scare newly invigorated old fans away with poor service.

2/14/2020 9:26 am  #21

phil95 wrote:

KenOTR73 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

I was so happy & impressed with my interaction yesterday. They most certainly took & charged my card for 50% of the cost of 3 fan corner seats. He did say we couldn't yet pick specific corners or seats.

I asked many questions & he gave fast, specific answers. My current season ticket holding friend had to call back with my card to complete the transaction. Even that complication was handled smoothly.

Why the sarcasm? I just stated what the young lady said to me. You can't reserve in a specific section. Sheesh!

2/14/2020 10:06 am  #22

Well, i just called....n they are closed today..classic

2/14/2020 11:13 am  #23

Oh and I never received an email or letter telling me about this entire process. If I hadn't been on here I wouldn't have known and, yes, they have my email address. The lady I spoke with verified that.

2/14/2020 11:29 am  #24

I did get the email, but a mailing might be a good idea.  So it seems a deposit is needed by April in order to keep the equivalent season tickets.

2/14/2020 3:47 pm  #25

KenOTR73 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

KenOTR73 wrote:

Why the sarcasm? I just stated what the young lady said to me. You can't reserve in a specific section. Sheesh!

I wasn't intending to convey any sarcasm at all. I thought I was expressing concern over possible mixed messaging & chiming in with your "Always confusing on the Bluff" sentence.

What did you think I was being sarcastic about?

Last edited by phil95 (2/14/2020 3:48 pm)

Board footera