Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2020 9:39 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (A)

Contributions from the whole 9 man rotation.

2/26/2020 9:40 pm  #52

duq81 wrote:

Let's give some credit! We've been getting poor production from the 2. On a night when TDM was bricklaying, Lamar Norman came through! We can't win with no production from the 2. Great job Lamar!!!

Lamar must like shooting in the Reilly Center. Last year's poor offensive showing by the Dukes would've been uglier if not for his 20 last year.

Haven't seen the box score but I think of his threes at key times to stop Bona runs in both halves.

Last edited by Brian (2/26/2020 9:41 pm)

2/26/2020 9:42 pm  #53

These wins are getting expensive for me, Dukes win, I lose.   I aint complaining.   
Those refs were terrible.   Osuniyi committed 2 fouls on one play and got called for none of them.   
But hey, its all good in the neighborhood.
Hughes and Steele looked pretty good late in the game, not winded or slow, Sin was fantastic!
Gotta beat G Mason Saturday, or this win loses its luster.

2/26/2020 9:44 pm  #54

Nice to see Rotroff step up. 6 points and 4 boards. I'll gladly take that going forward this year. Unsung heroes stepped up on a night where we lost our best player.

2/26/2020 10:04 pm  #55

Duquesne should file a complaint with the A10 .  Despite that, a huge win for Duquesne over St. Bonaventure! Despite questionable officiating in Olean, NY. Home team is ahead (by 2 points) with  around 23+ seconds left and Duquesne's Sin Carry can nail it with 2 shots at the foul line. He shoots and makes the first despite baloons waving in the background and one of the baloons landing on the court. BUT WAIT! the referee waves it off because of the baloon landing on the court?????? THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TECHNICAL! The ref ices Sin Carry in the perpetraitors gym & makes him shoot twice again! Can you imagine if this happened at Palumbo- -  (although difficult to with our meager support!) the technical would have been called on us..   IN ANY CASE, LETS ENJOY THIS WIN AND BUILD ON IT WITH THE REMAINING GAMES....

2/26/2020 10:15 pm  #56

gjgsr wrote:

Duquesne should file a complaint with the A10 .  Despite that, a huge win for Duquesne over St. Bonaventure! Despite questionable officiating in Olean, NY. Home team is ahead (by 2 points) with  around 23+ seconds left and Duquesne's Sin Carry can nail it with 2 shots at the foul line. He shoots and makes the first despite baloons waving in the background and one of the baloons landing on the court. BUT WAIT! the referee waves it off because of the baloon landing on the court?????? THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TECHNICAL! The ref ices Sin Carry in the perpetraitors gym & makes him shoot twice again! Can you imagine if this happened at Palumbo- -  (although difficult to with our meager support!) the technical would have been called on us..   IN ANY CASE, LETS ENJOY THIS WIN AND BUILD ON IT WITH THE REMAINING GAMES....

I'm glad we didn't need that to win though. We earned it 100%

2/26/2020 10:24 pm  #57

I like it when the Dukes are able to beat the Bonnie’s AND the Zebras 🦓 on the same night!  Should get credit for two wins in their record.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/26/2020 10:26 pm  #58

This is probably the best late season win since the run in Atlantic City 11 years ago.

2/26/2020 10:48 pm  #59

duq81 wrote:

This is probably the best late season win since the run in Atlantic City 11 years ago.

Closest one I can think of is when Jim Ferry's first team knocked off Top 20 ranked St. Louis at the end of the season.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/26/2020 11:00 pm  #60

gjgsr wrote:

I was so mad about that lack of call - i emailed A10 commissioner Bernadette McGlade and told her that their refs didn't have the fortitude to make the correct call in Olean...  There was a lot riding on that for Cary and his team --and at the very least they should have allowed the first basket he made.  And further -- he very graciously never brought it up in the interview with the Stadium Broadcasters!

2/26/2020 11:11 pm  #61

Our guards stunk.

2/26/2020 11:23 pm  #62

gjgsr wrote:

gjgsr wrote:

I was so mad about that lack of call - i emailed A10 commissioner Bernadette McGlade and told her that their refs didn't have the fortitude to make the correct call in Olean...  There was a lot riding on that for Cary and his team --and at the very least they should have allowed the first basket he made.  And further -- he very graciously never brought it up in the interview with the Stadium Broadcasters!

I was highly dismayed when that happened, to put it mildly. But I heard a whistle before Sincere shot the first foul shot.  Wan't sure if it was an official's whistle, but I guess it was. The game was stopped. Mr. Carry just went on to play a fantastic end-game and get a big win. Kudos to Mike Hughes, who was almost perfect from the floor. 

Lamar hit some great shots, but didn't get open late in the game. Probably need to have him moving more without the ball to create space.

2/26/2020 11:25 pm  #63

rittersdiner wrote:

Our guards stunk.

No.

2/26/2020 11:34 pm  #64

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Closest one I can think of is when Jim Ferry's first team knocked off Top 20 ranked St. Louis at the end of the season.

Six years ago tomorrow. A much bigger upset, but much less meaningful, although being that it was only Ferry's second year, many of us thought that maybe it was a sign that he had us going in the right direction. Of course it was just a mirage.

2/26/2020 11:35 pm  #65

Very Big Win !  More than made up for the first one.  4th place is in reach. Let's win the rest!

2/27/2020 1:24 am  #66

applecorps wrote:

gjgsr wrote:

gjgsr wrote:

I was highly dismayed when that happened, to put it mildly. But I heard a whistle before Sincere shot the first foul shot.  Wan't sure if it was an official's whistle, but I guess it was. The game was stopped. Mr. Carry just went on to play a fantastic end-game and get a big win. Kudos to Mike Hughes, who was almost perfect from the floor. 

Lamar hit some great shots, but didn't get open late in the game. Probably need to have him moving more without the ball to create space.

Its debatable that a whistle by the refs was blown-- and even if they did just before Cary released the ball, then the ref should award the foul shot like you do with goal tending.  Otherwise fans will be rewarded for disrupting a game at a key moment.  In which case would recommend that Duquesne fans do that when a Bonnie player is shooting.  

2/27/2020 5:02 am  #67

Wow ... that was fun to listen to...

Rivalry game
On the road
Decent crowd considering the poor weather in Olean .. hostile & full of fan gamesmanship & loud

Games within games .. runs by both teams ... Player matchups ... overcoming injuries ... our bench players providing huge minutes & production

I thought KD used his time outs well to create set plays at crucial times & slow momentum swings
Ray & JD all fired up on the play by play
OT

2/27/2020 7:15 am  #68

Box: Totally agree on him using the timeouts.  I have seen a definite change in his philosophy the last three games with him using time outs more quickly and using more of them.  I wondered in the past why he hardly used them...it’s not like anyone got paid $$ for every unused time out.  Go Dukes!

2/27/2020 8:15 am  #69

applecorps wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

Our guards stunk.

No.

Austin, Carry and TDM a combined 10-for-35 from field, 5-for-22 from 3. What is Maceo doing out there? Thank heavens for Norman or we lose.

2/27/2020 8:17 am  #70

2/27/2020 8:38 am  #71

rittersdiner wrote:

applecorps wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

Our guards stunk.

No.

Austin, Carry and TDM a combined 10-for-35 from field, 5-for-22 from 3. What is Maceo doing out there? Thank heavens for Norman or we lose.

So, you are saying Sin "stunk" in this one? I usually think your posts have some, if not lots of worthwhile commentary along with a flair for the obtuse.

These posts makes it clear that either you didn't see the game, don't know enough about sports in general/basketball in particular to recognize a very strong performance, or you are just trying to be provocative. It makes it hard to take you seriously.

2/27/2020 8:57 am  #72

duq81 wrote:

Interestingly enough, that 2009 team was the last Dukes team to win in Olean. Hmmmm, maybe another run is in store.

This team is mentally tough; you don’t win 5 times on the road in conference without that quality. A very good win by the Dukes; nice to feed the Bonnies some of their own medicine by making big plays down the stretch.

Mike Hughes may have played his best all around game as a Duke; 8-9 from the field and 5 offensive rebounds. He also kept his emotions in check, didn’t foul out and he was a presence on the court at the end of the game.

SINCERE CARRY - big time.

Shout out to Evan Buckley. Allowed Sin to get a blow, took care of the ball and defended well.

Now, let’s stack the Patriots on top of this one.

2/27/2020 9:09 am  #73

Not a peep on the PG site today.   Fantastic coverage, not even the standard AP article.

KD using that TO when Bona came out hot in the 2nd probably saved the game, another minute or 2 and we could have been in a hole we might not been able to dig out of.    

Buckley seems to be a defensive sub late in games.   Or maybe he is a good FT shooter.   Regardless, its nice to have 3 "PG"s on the court when the other team is pressing and trying to foul.

2/27/2020 9:14 am  #74

Dont feed the troll guys that is all

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/27/2020 9:22 am  #75

Do their fans always chant "you are ugly" at the opponents or was that something targeting Maceo and Mike?   Next year I would be on their players like stink on poo.    But we have no student fans, even if they get a new student section in a new arena and the team is kicking butt,  23 kids will show up.
And why does anything think the Reilly Center is anything nice?   Its a high school gym.   It gets loud cause its tiny and old.   Looks like something Penn Hills and Connellsville would play in.

Board footera