Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2020 5:03 pm  #1

2/28/2020 7:08 pm  #2

Re: Pre GMU Interviews- Coach and Sin

Thanks for sharing. 

2/29/2020 4:29 am  #3

I am a huge fan of Dambrot as his personality is infectious and really interviews better than most coaches in all of sports in my opinion. Made some great points in this interview. "We wouldn't have won that game without Rotroff." Said the ref told him how would you feel if I called a T on you in a game clinching situation like that and he couldn't argue it because he agreed. Also mentioned his son transferring schools while playing D1 soccer, and he did not have to sit out because that was only a rule in football and basketball. He really looks at things at fairly as he can. In the middle he went after some reporter pretty hard after the guy only asked questions about Bonaventure's hostile environment. Poor man got roasted lol 

2/29/2020 8:16 am  #4

I always love watching Dambrot interviews. Lots of coaches look at media availability as a necessary evil, but you can tell he actually likes it. There's always good information coming out of them, and you get to see some of his personality too. You gotta love Sin's brutal honesty when asked about the home crowds too. I wish it wasn't true, but I couldn't help but laugh at his answers.

2/29/2020 3:09 pm  #5

BluffHunter wrote:

I am a huge fan of Dambrot as his personality is infectious and really interviews better than most coaches in all of sports in my opinion. Made some great points in this interview. "We wouldn't have won that game without Rotroff." Said the ref told him how would you feel if I called a T on you in a game clinching situation like that and he couldn't argue it because he agreed. Also mentioned his son transferring schools while playing D1 soccer, and he did not have to sit out because that was only a rule in football and basketball. He really looks at things at fairly as he can. In the middle he went after some reporter pretty hard after the guy only asked questions about Bonaventure's hostile environment. Poor man got roasted lol 

That's because it was Mike Hughes.

2/29/2020 3:44 pm  #6

zacharymweiss wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

In the middle he went after some reporter pretty hard after the guy only asked questions about Bonaventure's hostile environment. Poor man got roasted lol 

That's because it was Mike Hughes.

That's hilarious. I had to go back and watch it again knowing that.

2/29/2020 4:03 pm  #7

I had no Idea that was Mike, even more funny knowing that!!!!

2/29/2020 4:12 pm  #8

Sin's honesty was pretty funny, but also it is spring break for students! Not that it would make a huge diffference.

2/29/2020 4:12 pm  #9

"Do you realize that you're always involved in conflict in hostile environments?" Lmao

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

2/29/2020 4:14 pm  #10

The Hughes stuff was fantastic. What a funny kid.

2/29/2020 9:42 pm  #11

Coach talks about having to do everything to keep the players happy so they don't transfer; and it's little things like that show how much he loves the players and how much they like playing for him. It's not just talk, he actually lives it. Some of his in-game decisions may infuriate me at times, but I'm thrilled to have him as our coach.

Board footera