Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2020 1:42 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - VCU Rams

Duques102 wrote:

Idk if anyone saw the other clip from that interview, but Mike Hughes came over at one point to do his usual reporter routine. KD made a joke about people thinking he was berating “reporter Hughes” like last time. It was funny and cool to realize that either he is directly reading this board or has someone in his ear reading it. Good to know he has a pulse on the fans that are around currently.

Won’t be easy but no reason we can’t win tonight with the injuries VCU has. Also like what we have done with the added depth. Rotroff adds a lot and Buckley has been a big help defensively. Hoping for another W tonight and possibly moving a step closer to the 4 seed.

Go Dukes!!!!

Here's the clip in reference for anybody who wants to see: https://twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1234546247454920707

3/03/2020 1:51 pm  #27

Some more interviews from after GMU to fulfill your Duquesne basketball fix before the game:
Sin & Marcus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXR1NLfZ3qU
Coach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSD6qZmjRmw

I undoubtedly learn or crack up at something said in these interviews every time. The players vs Coach talking about the defensive press was pretty funny.

3/03/2020 2:51 pm  #28

3/03/2020 4:48 pm  #29

I really like this team. This group, this  coaching staff.
A top 4 in the A-10 would be great but tonight is going to be tough.
I don't care how many injuries VCU has.

"Facts are stubborn things."
                                 John Adams

3/03/2020 5:14 pm  #30

townsonkid wrote:

Should I bet against the Dukes?   Dukes are 2-0 when I bet against the Dukes on the road this year(SLU and SBU).   +5.5 pts.   

This is the kind of game I would never bet the line. 5.5 seems like too many points for VCU to be getting, but I did pick them to win the game. I'm not a gambler, so I don't bet any games, but I especially would avoid taking teams to win but not cover. Especially in basketball since anything can happen with foul shots in late game situations. The oddsmakers have nailed the over / under too, so I'd avoid that even moreso. Enough talking with my head and not my heart though. Go Dukes! Forget the spread, take them to win straight up.

3/03/2020 5:38 pm  #31

luckymcd wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Should I bet against the Dukes?   Dukes are 2-0 when I bet against the Dukes on the road this year(SLU and SBU).   +5.5 pts.   

This is the kind of game I would never bet the line. 5.5 seems like too many points for VCU to be getting, but I did pick them to win the game. I'm not a gambler, so I don't bet any games, but I especially would avoid taking teams to win but not cover. Especially in basketball since anything can happen with foul shots in late game situations. The oddsmakers have nailed the over / under too, so I'd avoid that even moreso. Enough talking with my head and not my heart though. Go Dukes! Forget the spread, take them to win straight up.

FWIW  The money line is +200 if you bet on the Dukes.  Bet $100, win $200.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/03/2020 5:39 pm)

3/03/2020 7:52 pm  #32

We had 6 team fouls that half and five of those calls were atrocious. Announcers talking about "Ball don't lie" that's why they missed the first 5 free throws of the game.

3/03/2020 7:55 pm  #33

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

luckymcd wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

FWIW  The money line is +200 if you bet on the Dukes.  Bet $100, win $200.

I took some action on the money line. It was 25-15 at the 8 minute time out. We allowed five more points. If we can continue to shore up the d and make some baskets in the 2nd, I like our chances.

Vann and Ward with 2 fouls. Hughes and Carry have 2. Gotta start going straight to the basket in the 2nd. We have been really effective driving and kicking in the last few games and VCU is looking for it. Weathers had a huge dunk and TDM got a couple layups because it’s wide open to the hoop through the lane.

Go up into Santos Silva and get him in foul trouble. Go Dukes!

3/03/2020 8:02 pm  #34

Honestly, we're lucky to be down by only four. Too many turnovers, too many offensive rebounds given up, and too many threes. Nobody has played particularly well so far, but four points is totally manageable. I don't mind mucking it up against this kind of team, but I am hoping the depth doesn't bite us.

Last edited by luckymcd (3/03/2020 8:05 pm)

3/03/2020 8:34 pm  #35

The stage is looking a little too big for our squad right now.

These VCU fans smell blood

3/03/2020 8:44 pm  #36

Looking like we can put this one in the can. Sorry for being negative with time left, but VCU looks too talented and athletic even with players out. Surprised they've lost 8 or whatever in Conference. Must be shooting better tonight than they did in the losses.

3/03/2020 8:52 pm  #37

Westender wrote:

Looking like we can put this one in the can. Sorry for being negative with time left, but VCU looks too talented and athletic even with players out. Surprised they've lost 8 or whatever in Conference. Must be shooting better tonight than they did in the losses.

I repeatedly see on this forum this sort of BS after every bad game or tough half. Y'all should know what these guys are about by now. This ones going down to the wire.

3/03/2020 8:57 pm  #38

BluffHunter wrote:

Westender wrote:

I repeatedly see on this forum this sort of BS after every bad game or tough half. Y'all should know what these guys are about by now. This ones going down to the wire.

You're right. I gladly eat my words even if they don't pull it out. I wasn't watching the game continously. They looked a little overmatched in the spaces when I was watching.

3/03/2020 9:10 pm  #39

phil95 wrote:

The stage is looking a little too big for our squad right now.

These VCU fans smell blood

Or not!

Very impressive comeback regardless of outcome.

3/03/2020 9:14 pm  #40

The Santos-Silva flop against Hughes was painful.

3/03/2020 9:16 pm  #41

applecorps wrote:

The Santos-Silva flop against Hughes was painful.

That it was.

Gotta steal this one!

These are great, knowledgeable fans. I am jealous.

3/03/2020 9:28 pm  #42

Yaahooooooo!!

3/03/2020 9:29 pm  #43

What. A. Win.

You guys jump ship quick!

21-8, first win over VCU. Good night.

3/03/2020 9:29 pm  #44

Yessss!!!

3/03/2020 9:29 pm  #45

Yessssszzzzz

Go Dukes!
L - '06

3/03/2020 9:30 pm  #46

WAKE ME UP!!!!!!!
Go Dukes!!!

3/03/2020 9:30 pm  #47

Huge props to Lamar for taking it to the hoop at the end. Marcus was the reason we won in OT. YEAH BABY.

3/03/2020 9:31 pm  #48

On the play by play - when they cut it to 4, JD is overheard “We are going to win this”

WHAT
A
GAME!

Holy crap this is fun.

3/03/2020 9:31 pm  #49

Dukes by 3!!!  What a win !!!

3/03/2020 9:33 pm  #50

I have to give a tip of the hat to Jarrett. He'll never be a Tony Romo as an analyst, but he's improved by leaps and bounds since he started.

Board footera