Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2020 12:18 pm  #1

CBI cancelled

Wonder if NIT will be next?

FYI:  st pats day parade cancelled in pittsburgh.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/11/2020 12:26 pm)

3/11/2020 1:40 pm  #2

Re: CBI cancelled

townsonkid wrote:

Wonder if NIT will be next?

FYI: st pats day parade cancelled in pittsburgh.

I'm thinking the same thing.

3/11/2020 2:13 pm  #3

I believe Ohio gov announced games for NCAA(in Dayton and Cleveland) will be played, but in front of no fans.  

3/11/2020 3:14 pm  #4

The NIT is run by the NCAA whereas the CBI is not. So far the NCAA itself hasnt made a move on anything

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/11/2020 3:20 pm  #5

The CBI depends on money from the schools, and the gate itself. The NIT gets money from television. While losing the gate will hurt them, the tv money will still be there, and with people staying close to home because of the virus, ratings should be through the roof, even for the NIT.

3/11/2020 3:59 pm  #6

The NCAAs will be played behind essentially closed doors.

I imagine the NIT will follow suit and the Atlantic 10 will announce shortly after the Fordham GW game concludes

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/11/2020 6:19 pm  #7

Big Ten and Big 12 just closed down fan attendance; after allowing it today.  Atlantic 10 board meeting right now to make decision; expect no fans also.

3/11/2020 6:47 pm  #8

yak-rbc wrote:

I imagine the NIT will follow suit and the Atlantic 10 will announce shortly after the Fordham GW game concludes

Yep. NBA and NHL to follow. I think I'll go shopping tomorrow, and then stay inside until next year.

3/12/2020 12:02 am  #9

yak-rbc wrote:

A-10 has followed suit too. I'm glad I held off on buying tickets.

Board footera