Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2020 8:44 pm  #26

Re: More self-isolation fun: Greatest Dukes games you'd watch again

Dukes defeat Rhody in the 2009 A10 Qtrs:

Last 12 minutes of Dukes beating Dayton in the 2009 A10 Semis:

3/31/2020 10:21 pm  #27

This is so great of you to do. I truly appreciate the distraction by positive memories.

3/31/2020 11:41 pm  #28

Thank you so much again Brian! I watched the Xavier game last night and will throw these videos on now!! 

4/01/2020 7:34 am  #29

Brian wrote:

Unfortunately I do not have those on tape nor any highlights. I do remember the game vs pitt being on FS Pittsburgh. Don't remember if the Xavier game was on TV. Back then (haha) the game might be broadcast by the A10 syndicated network or the other school's local network and it was, at best, a 50/50 chance it would actually air here in Pittsburgh on FS Pittsburgh, PCNC or the Comcast Channel. I'm grateful that ESPN+ exists today to see all league games not on national TV.

I figured it was a long shot, but wanted to throw them out to see. I also am grateful to be able to watch so many games on ESPN+, and also grateful for you for the gems you've posted already. It's just one more being apart has brought everyone closer together.

4/01/2020 7:57 am  #30

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying the few games I have. I'm also glad that I got these on YouTube so that they can have a place for fans to watch and see some fun and exciting moments in Duquesne history before the VHS tape completely fades away over time.  The only other games I have in my possession on tape are losses from 2009, at Duke and the A10 Final. If/when I find the 2010 home win over Dayton, I will add that and post it here.

The last thing I have for now is another poor quality vid, this one of an iPhone filming an HD TV, is Micah and Jerry Jones leading the Dukes to the upset win over top 10 ranked SLU back in 2014.

4/01/2020 1:00 pm  #31

DennisC91 wrote:

3/5/77: Duquesne 57, Villanova 54: Norm Nixon scores 27, willing the Dukes to a win over Villanova in Philly and taking their first and only (ECBL/EAA/Eastern 8/Atlantic 10) conference championship. Anyone remember watching this one?

Watched this one on tv. The Dukes caught a big break when Villanova star Keith Herron, the second best player in the league, suffered a badly sprained ankle in their overtime semifinal win over WVU. The Dukes took advantage of his absence to score the 3 point win. Nixon as usual, was the difference. Saved Cinicola from being fired. I'll always wonder if they would have been willing to hire Mike Rice at this point (one year removed from being a high school coach), or would they have looked elsewhere (Al Bailey, or outside of the program). Knowing how things eventually worked out, I almost wish Herron hadn't gotten hurt, ALMOST!

4/01/2020 4:58 pm  #32

Brian, I'd even be interested in watching the A10 tournament finale if you feel like uploading it... as much as I bet other people here never want to see it again.

4/01/2020 7:32 pm  #33

BluffHunter wrote:

Brian, I'd even be interested in watching the A10 tournament finale if you feel like uploading it... as much as I bet other people here never want to see it again.

Some losses are more tolerable than others. I never want to see 1981 again, but I've watched the last parts of the 2009 NIT game many times, just to watch Aaron's heroics.

4/02/2020 1:56 pm  #34

Brian wrote:

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying the few games I have. I'm also glad that I got these on YouTube so that they can have a place for fans to watch and see some fun and exciting moments in Duquesne history before the VHS tape completely fades away over time.  The only other games I have in my possession on tape are losses from 2009, at Duke and the A10 Final. If/when I find the 2010 home win over Dayton, I will add that and post it here.

The last thing I have for now is another poor quality vid, this one of an iPhone filming an HD TV, is Micah and Jerry Jones leading the Dukes to the upset win over top 10 ranked SLU back in 2014.

No surprise that Micah did amazing things in this game, but Jerry Jones had the game of his life! 

4/02/2020 2:39 pm  #35

Thanks these are great to watch. Does anybody have any of the other games the Dukes beat Dayton?

4/02/2020 3:01 pm  #36

Duquesne winning at Iowa with a huge three from Bill Clark. Also if anyone has ESPN + you’re able to rewatch the Duquesne vs VCU game as well as the George Mason game.

DUQ vs Iowa 2009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9LgmKY9ds

DUQ vs St. Bonaventure 2020 balloon gate:
https://watchstadium.com/live/duquesne-at-st-bonaventure-2/

4/02/2020 6:47 pm  #37

Dukes412 wrote:

Duquesne winning at Iowa with a huge three from Bill Clark. Also if anyone has ESPN + you’re able to rewatch the Duquesne vs VCU game as well as the George Mason game.

DUQ vs Iowa 2009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9LgmKY9ds

DUQ vs St. Bonaventure 2020 balloon gate:
https://watchstadium.com/live/duquesne-at-st-bonaventure-2/

Thanks! I wasn't aware you could rewatch games on stadium. And calling it balloon gate, LOL!!

4/02/2020 8:44 pm  #38

levon1975 wrote:

Brian wrote:

No surprise that Micah did amazing things in this game, but Jerry Jones had the game of his life! 

I always thought Jerry was going to put it all together for his last season & be a decent A-10 starter. Ferry clearly favored Jerimiah Jones over him &  the chance never came. Maybe Jerry was not as dedicated or good a practice player as he needed to be. 

Jerimiah will always be the symbol for me as to why Ferry couldn't possibly get the job done. He started 95 games while logging big minutes for the majority of 3+ seasons. Ferry touted him as his stopper which, he never was. Likewise, this JJ was consistently having the same mental lapses before he got hurt that he was making as a freshman. He seemed to be a great kid but no better than the average 8th man on a middle of the road A-10 team. He shouldn't be blamed for being overmatched, he was the best choice given the circumstances.

The thing that sent me over the edge was when he returned the following season as grad assistant.

Board footera