Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2020 6:35 pm  #1

Jett Fuel

fuel is any material that can be made to react with other substances so that it releases energy as heat energy or to be used for work

https://twitter.com/jettroesing23/status/1244392461889404928

3/30/2020 7:34 am  #2

Re: Jett Fuel

Got to be tough not being able to work on your game vs other players.

4/02/2020 9:06 am  #3

I don't know if you all have seen the season highlights for Jett Roesing. 

4/02/2020 10:54 am  #4

Almost every shot on there was from beyond the college 3 point line. Hope he puts up Micah type numbers but you never know until they get out there and face better competition than they faced in high school. Not sure how much defense is played in those prep leagues..

4/02/2020 11:17 am  #5

You gotta like his size, 6'4

4/02/2020 11:57 am  #6

Micah is/was one of the great shooters I have ever seen, at any level. Expecting Jett to duplicate that is a tall order. However, I am completely down with that being the goal.

Before playing a college game, Jett's size, strength, & athleticism appear to exceed what Micah had at the end of his college career.

Most enticing to me is that Jett won't be expected to play 35 minutes a game & defenses will pay dearly for loading up on him as they did with Micah. Even if Jett is never the transcendent shooter Micah was, the Dukes arsenal is so much improved that the overall effect of having Jett on the floor 20 minutes a game could be hugely impactful. Sporadically deploying 3 guard lineups with Sin, Lamar, Jett, Hughes, & Marcus could be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Here's hoping Jett is AT LEAST an average defender!

Last edited by phil95 (4/02/2020 11:58 am)

4/02/2020 2:23 pm  #7

Should be a great addition! Could use a knockdown 3 point shooter off the bench and will help if Norman or TDM get in foul trouble.

4/02/2020 3:07 pm  #8

phil95, good points.  Micah was one of the best shooters that I have ever seen.
One thing that I noticed on Jett's Season Highlights is that, on occasion, it takes some time to get his shot off; dropping the ball down and shooting from his waist. He may not be able to get away with that in D-1 and is going to have to adjust.

It got me thinking and I figured now would be the time to look back at Micah's stroke just for a point of reference vs. Jett; I pulled the highlights of Micah's junior and senior years. It was striking to me how much Micah improved from his junior to senior year; he was getting his shot off so much quicker, not dropping the ball down.

I understand that Jett is another gym rat like Micah was/is. So I have very high confidence that he will adjust and continuous improve throughout his college career.
Micah's highlights:
2014-15 Highlights (Dukes 12-19): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSx-juqWGU 
2015-16 Highlights (Dukes 17-17): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6r2oSppYVs

4/02/2020 4:00 pm  #9

How does Micah, Jett and Rick Suder compare?

4/02/2020 5:49 pm  #10

In my opinion the best outside shooter I've seen for the Dukes was Jack Yun.

4/02/2020 6:47 pm  #11

VBC wrote:

In my opinion the best outside shooter I've seen for the Dukes was Jack Yun.

His numbers are great. It's hard to compare him to Micah for two reasons. No 3 point shot. Since there was no 3 pointer in Yun's era, you really can't see how deadly he was from deep. You can compare his numbers to Micah's overall shooting, but Micah's numbers will be reduced because of all the three point shots he took. Also, Micah was a star on his teams, and drew serious defensive attention. Jack Yun was a secondary player, and was way down the list of players our opponents were worried about. Still, his shooting percentages were impressive. 61% is very impressive for someone who wasn't a center, or bruising power forward.

Last edited by duq81 (4/02/2020 6:50 pm)

4/02/2020 7:29 pm  #12

In the 3 pointer era Yunny would have gotten many more minutes.  He could drive to the hoop, but his long range accuracy was outstanding and a lot of his shots came from beyond where the arc would be now.  He was a senior my freshman year and a real nice guy.  I hope Mike Ignelsi sees this post as he saw all of Jack's career and would have some good input about Yunny's  game.

4/02/2020 7:35 pm  #13

VBC wrote:

In the 3 pointer era Yunny would have gotten many more minutes.  He could drive to the hoop, but his long range accuracy was outstanding and a lot of his shots came from beyond where the arc would be now.  He was a senior my freshman year and a real nice guy.  I hope Mike Ignelsi sees this post as he saw all of Jack's career and would have some good input about Yunny's  game.

Born too early!!

4/02/2020 9:55 pm  #14

Econ69 wrote:

How does Micah, Jett and Rick Suder compare?

As as very dedicated young Bonnie fan, I had a love/hate admiration for Suder. He was probably a better all-around player than Micah. That's tough to say definitively because Suder didn't play in a 3pt shot era. He was a great FT shooter on high volume.

However, it is a reasonable bet that neither Yun nor Suder would have been in Micah's class as a 3pt shooter. Few players have been. The odds of having 3 players from one school inside of 40 years be that kind of shooter have to be near zero. Micah's career shooting numbers are indicative of one Division I's all-time greats in the discipline.

Among many other accomplishments, he led the nation in 3pt shooting as a sophomore while also leading the country in true shooting percentage, he lead the A10 in true shooting percentage & 3pt shooting again as a junior, he is the A-10's all-time leader in 3pt%, & 4th all-time in the NCAA for 3pt%. He did most of this while, on average, taking the 6th most attempts per season over his last 3 years.

While meeting the NCAA's minimums, he is the only player to ever record a 56/56/83 shooting line for a season. In his sophomore season, during A-10 play, he shot 56/56/92. His career splits are 49/46/84. To put that in perspective, Steph Curry's career college splits are 47/41/88

As a freshman, he hit 40 of 79 3's to lead the MVC in percentage. This would also have lead the country if he hade met either the requirement of taking 100 attempts for the season or hit 2.5 threes per game.

(All of this came from SportsReference.com) https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/micah-mason-1.html

4/02/2020 11:31 pm  #15

phil95 wrote:

it is a reasonable bet that neither Yun nor Suder would have been in Micah's class as a 3pt shooter. Few players have been. The odds of having 3 players from one school inside of 40 years be that kind of shooter have to be near zero. Micah's career shooting numbers are indicative of one Division I's all-time greats in the discipline.

Among many other accomplishments, he led the nation in 3pt shooting as a sophomore while also leading the country in true shooting percentage

The amazing thing is you're actually selling him short with this. He didn't just lead the nation that year. His 2014 season is he best in NCAA history for 3 point percentage. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/leaders/fg3-pct-player-season.html

Board footera