Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2020 10:00 pm  #1

Signing Period

With the OKani commitment, Harris still purportedly on board and TThompson having DU in his final two I wanted to start a separate thread on the recruiting prospects and roster.  First, I have a question, does the extension of the signing period until August 15th (I think) mean that colleges can still sign a player to a written commitment starting this Wednesday April 15th, or is the signing period now delayed?  I hope kids can start signing this week.  If they can't until the summer players that we have an interest in can get poached by Power 5 schools coming late to the party.  Recruiting is constant and fluid nowadays, with the transfer rule and roster turnover, so KD is smart to keep the recruiting pedal to the metal.  I love our core, but as KD said we need more shooting and that is why we signed Jett and Acuff early - although I think Acuff is a hell of a lot more than just a spot up shooter.  I also feel we need to bring in at least one true PF no matter what.  Marcus and Mike will be seniors and Austin R started to round into form late given the injury so he will be going into his junior year.  We also lost Bailey to graduation and he was the first big off the bench.  So my view is we need someone who can come in and give us 10-12 min a game now.  Just to be strong, rebound, defend and make the shots the other team gives you.  I think Harris and/or TThompson seem to fit that description.  Hell, if one of the other recruits is a preferred walk-on and we lose one more guy off the roster then I would take both Harris and Thompson - if we can get them.  I love Amari, but it is not a quick recovery from that surgery so he may not be ready until December and keep in mind he will be very rusty.  Ellis remains a wildcard as has been discussed on this Board so who knows what gives there.  Anyway, have at it guys, interested in continuing this discussion. 

4/13/2020 8:42 am  #2

Re: Signing Period

Pete the answer to yor question is yes basketball signings will start Wednesday.  A week or so ago the NCAA stated that:  All Division I and II sports will be in a signing period from April 15 - August 1, 2020, including Division 1 basketball and football.

4/13/2020 9:03 am  #3

Pistol well thought out post. And of course CLK has the answer. “Keep the core and the Dukes will roar” Pistol should I trademark this?😂🤔

4/13/2020 9:09 am  #4

Excellent Iron Duke, yes you should!  I can't wait to see where we are with recruits this week/month.

4/13/2020 10:00 am  #5

Hopefully all the verbals sign this week if really committed why wait.

4/13/2020 10:34 am  #6

Kelly should be 100% healthy.  He'll be rusty, but should be at 100.

4/13/2020 12:06 pm  #7

“Keep the core and the Dukes will roar”

Love it!!!

4/13/2020 12:25 pm  #8

townsonkid wrote:

Kelly should be 100% healthy.  He'll be rusty, but should be at 100.

I agree, Kelly’s injury occurred over a year ago; unless there were some unforeseen complications; and I have seen no indication there were; he should be recovered at this point; and he still has months to get ready for next season. We haven’t seen much of Amari actually playing the game; but I’m sure the coaches have a good handle on his potential to contribute next season and beyond.

Last edited by levon1975 (4/13/2020 2:07 pm)

4/15/2020 7:48 am  #9

CLK wrote:

Pete the answer to yor question is yes basketball signings will start Wednesday.  A week or so ago the NCAA stated that:  All Division I and II sports will be in a signing period from April 15 - August 1, 2020, including Division 1 basketball and football.

Well today signings start for both football & basketball. As always Keep us CLK.

4/15/2020 7:49 am  #10

Ironduke81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Well today signings start for both football & basketball. As always Keep us CLK.

Posted my friend

Board footera