Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2020 10:08 pm  #1

4/19/2020 11:02 pm  #2

Re: Julian Roper

Very interesting.

I think he plays for the team that beat Acuff's crew after they won the Detroit City League but before the MI state playoffs began.

4/20/2020 12:18 am  #3

This kid's only a junior. Is that D supposed to be us, or does another school use that D?

4/20/2020 12:36 am  #4

duq81 wrote:

This kid's only a junior. Is that D supposed to be us, or does another school use that D?

Can't believe I had missed that, I was confused as to how we could still be in the running... That's gotta be us!!!

4/20/2020 1:55 am  #5

The offer was made early last fall actually so kind of old news.  Nice to see us in there though among his possibles.  One of ten offers we have out there for 2021.

4/20/2020 10:28 am  #6

Making his final list is newsworthy. His stock has risen significantly. He would be the highest quality recruit this program has seen since.....

I dared to dream last night & watched a bunch of his game footage & highlights. His poise & athleticism are striking for a high school junior.

I would love him to commit to DU!

4/20/2020 10:41 am  #7

I’ll say!  CLK and HookShot had info on him on the recruiting page when we offered him and another Michigan kid Julian Lewis.  Charles Thomas was pursuing both.

4/20/2020 10:42 am  #8

Win the A10, that would make him consider DU more, or be top 25.    Pack the Coop.   Beat a big time team.    Thats all DU can do.    Probably catch some other big fish if we do all those things.  

4/20/2020 1:36 pm  #9

townsonkid wrote:

Win the A10, that would make him consider DU more, or be top 25.    Pack the Coop.   Beat a big time team.    Thats all DU can do.    Probably catch some other big fish if we do all those things.  

For decades.

From Nesti to Murray to Dougherty.

From Livingston to Colleary to Amodio.

From Satalin to Carroll to Edgar to Porter to Nee to Ferry (Everhart won so he is excepted).

Those of us who started on the original Duquesne message board and have lasted until now have watched every misery imaginable with this program, driven by the lack of investment, lack of good hiring, and "settle for what we can get" recruiting. The whole time we pleaded with the administration and AD: Invest, and we can recruit. Recruit, and we can win. Win, and things can change. Not just for the program, but for Duquesne University.

Sir, you are seeing this all come to pass.

Board footera