Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2020 12:30 pm  #1

Coronavirus Blues

No sports bored out of my mind I suggest go ESPN+ A10 Duquesne basketball. Also have 4 games recorded on Stadium. Watched Dukes big win at St. Bonaventure. Amazing how soon you forget the players strengths & weaknesses especially watching the game knowing the outcome. First point Baylee Steele was a great pickup by the coaching staff. However, my concern is for next year backing up Michael Hughes. Rotroff against the Bonnie’s had a great game which bodes well for next year. If Kelly contributes Dukes have depth at the 5. Maceo although had at times struggled is a very smart & sound player. In fact I forgot his length & body build shoulder wise to grow into a mans body. Michael Hughes playing away has to be the most hated player by the opposing fans. He tortured the Bonnie’s faithful. Unfortunately, if next year he has triple doubles averages 20 leads in steals the coaches in the A10 will never gives him the honorees he deserves. Keep it up Mike F them. Lamar sure gained confidence throughout the season. VCU games huge shot. Keep the core & assuming we have college sports,  next year could be unforgettable for Dukes fans. Watching old Duquesne games sure beats Road to Madden Bowl on ESPN.

4/26/2020 1:05 pm  #2

Re: Coronavirus Blues

Hope there is a next year. Scientists say they may not be able to create a vaccine.

4/26/2020 11:41 pm  #3

If the season doesn't start on time next season I'll be pretty upset but we'll see what the circumstances are with the virus when we get there. If there is no season at all I will be heartbroken. These guys have so much unfinished business.

4/27/2020 7:23 am  #4

Just my opinion, season will start on time, but none of us will be there in person to see it,,,,, no fans at games, all 2020-21 season, is my guess.

Last edited by townsonkid (4/27/2020 9:35 am)

4/27/2020 12:19 pm  #5

That might work in Duquesne's favor since we don't get many fans at our games --  you know, even things out against the Daytons, St. Bonaventures, Rhode Island etc.. who always gain homecourt advantage.... 

4/27/2020 2:12 pm  #6

There will have to be students on campus in order for games to be played.No games will be played without
students taking classes at Duquesne University.The NCAA has always thrown this term student athlete around so much that the NCAA is going to get rear ended should they decide to let games go on and have
no students on campus.If you have students taking classes together then there wouldntbe a problem with having games. If you dont want to go to games and you have seatsin VIP  areas let me know and I will use them and get drunk on Duquesne Beer and Primanti sandwiches.

4/27/2020 2:14 pm  #7

Drink the Prince of Pilsner and lets go Bluffites.

4/27/2020 2:18 pm  #8

Forget the Bud Light party section at Coop.I root for Duquesne and i like the Prince.Keep it local ,make mine a Duke.

4/27/2020 2:20 pm  #9

I think that the school may go pay for view.
You pay for a ticket to view in person now you pay
to see the game on TV and or computer.
Some lost revenue from parking and concessions but 
at least a good portion of possible revenue realized.
Add radio revenue and the total take might not be too bad.

4/27/2020 2:30 pm  #10

There isnt going to be a frickin vaccine for this virus.Still waiting on that cure all for the flu.My momma squirted me out in 1955,2 days after our Dukes won the NIT.The beloved brew in 55 belonged to the Prince.
Make mine a Duquesne beer.Believe your taste,make mine a Duke.

4/27/2020 2:33 pm  #11

The Prince of Pilsners wishes for all who worship the Duke, peace and good health to everyone

4/27/2020 2:40 pm  #12

I live here in C-bus and believe you me Buckeye Nation will be calling all the worlds best known mental health care professionals if Ohio State does not play. If the field is not reverberating with the Buckeye
battle cry expect a Jim Jones suicide fiasco to take place on the banks of the Olentangy.

4/27/2020 2:52 pm  #13

Hey, on the positive, golf courses in PA can open Friday May 1.    Thats all I really need to get me thru the next 6 months.    

4/27/2020 3:05 pm  #14

When you are at the 19th hole remember the Duke.

4/27/2020 3:09 pm  #15

stew wrote:

Forget the Bud Light party section at Coop.I root for Duquesne and i like the Prince.Keep it local ,make mine a Duke.

They need to carry Duquesne Beer at the Coop.  They used to have it on draft at the Red Ring- It’s a great brew!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

4/27/2020 3:41 pm  #16

townsonkid wrote:

Just my opinion, season will start on time, but none of us will be there in person to see it,,,,, no fans at games, all 2020-21 season, is my guess.

Welp. Our Dukes will feel right at home. And that's the damnable shame of it.

4/27/2020 4:23 pm  #17

Jim Ferry might be able to land a head coaching spot again since he invented the stay 6 feet in front of the opposing player defense.

4/27/2020 5:13 pm  #18

WashPaRick wrote:

Jim Ferry might be able to land a head coaching spot again since he invented the stay 6 feet in front of the opposing player defense.

Touche, Rick!

(I don't know how to make the accent mark over the "e".)

4/27/2020 7:58 pm  #19

WashPaRick wrote:

You never know! After all didn't Danny Nee get another job? As bad as Ferry was, he won only 60 games in 5 years. Hard to be worse, but Nee won only 40 games in five years. What an awful time to be a Dukes fan.

4/28/2020 9:47 am  #20

stew wrote:

Stew - You da man! I agree with you that Duquesne pilsner should be the featured beer at Duquesne's new arena. What would make more sense? It's the name of the team and it's a local brew. Yes, it's a tasty brew! Very underrated. Instead  the school opts for the national brands, boring Bud Lite 

4/28/2020 11:08 am  #21

Crosseye wrote:

stew wrote:

Stew - You da man! I agree with you that Duquesne pilsner should be the featured beer at Duquesne's new arena. What would make more sense? It's the name of the team and it's a local brew. Yes, it's a tasty brew! Very underrated. Instead  the school opts for the national brands, boring Bud Lite 

I get that, but hate to say, Bud light is probably paying more to us than any local microbrewery could

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

4/28/2020 11:15 am  #22

The Prince of Pilsner ,Duquesne Beer was brought back to life by a Duquesne alum.

4/30/2020 9:01 pm  #23

coffee wrote:

stew wrote:

They need to carry Duquesne Beer at the Coop.  They used to have it on draft at the Red Ring- It’s a great brew!

I’m pretty sure they still do. Graduated in 2014, every Friday was all you can drink dollar dukes as long as you spend $8 on food. Not too many people know about the deal.

5/01/2020 9:48 pm  #24

Here's an awesome story about Carl and Charles Thomas on the coaching staff and their stories that relate to the new Michael Jordan documentary that has been airing on ESPN.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2020/05/01/Joe-Starkey-Last-Dance-Michael-Jordan-documentary-ESPN-Duquesne-Charles-Carl-Thomas/stories/202005010083

Board footera